Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Raptor, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

He is except for the eating socks bit. But sorry, doggo not for sale 😜
I understand completely! Beside, he wouldn't enjoy the shipping part. Seriously, he looks like a great dog! If only our kids were as well behaved and disciplined as our dogs...

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger (She's the last of the V8's)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ya know, I didn’t even know the extra single crossbar was an option but I would 100% consider this! Great idea friends! $200 seems kind of steep for it but Ford does have a way of screwing us over don’t they 🙄
I guess every penny helps even though its 160 for a piece of plastic so if you decide to go for it this is a bit cheaper.
Ford Bronco Lightweight rooftop tent RTT by Inspired Overland -- review & photos 1674609998222

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess every penny helps even though its 160 for a piece of plastic so if you decide to go for it this is a bit cheaper.
Ford Bronco Lightweight rooftop tent RTT by Inspired Overland -- review & photos 1674609998222
Thank you! I like to penny pinch when I can so this is helpful 😜

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Look into the Prinsu Roof rack for the Bronco. When I go overlanding in the future I will be getting one. It's suuuuper low profile and very nice.

Sponsored

RicochetJP

Everglades
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Badlands and Fusion Sport (all 2.7s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

So just wanted to come on and post a review of my lightweight rooftop tent. I was in the market for something I could use on the OEM roof rack without exceeding the suggested weight restrictions, and while I looked at the go fast superlite tent, of course they stopped selling them 😕

I found a company called Inspired Overland in the bay are, they make a rooftop tent that weighs in at 87lb, so I thought, perfect!

Cost was $1500, so I think a little pricier than the superlite? With shipping I think it’s an additional $500. We live close by so just went to a dealer and had it installed. We have taken it on two longer camping trips so far and here are my thoughts.

-two people fit fairly comfortably, but if you are taller than 6’ you’ll likely not want to share the sleeping space. As it is I’m 5’4” and my husband is just under 6’ and we both fit comfortably.

-the tent stays warm at night with all panels closed and just the air vents open. We had a pretty well rated sleeping bag too, but at no point did I feel like we needed more heat. This was in an area in the fall that was probably dipping to low 40s at night. We will be going to Moab in the early spring and can report back with how it holds up in colder temps then……

-super low profile, I think it looks pretty slick and out of the way, I don’t notice any noise or change in my gas mileage

-rain fly sucks, I already emailed them about this, the setup to hold up the rain fly is essentially useless and won’t hold it up at all…..

-it came with lots of pockets! Great for cell phones, garmin, lights, books, whatever

-came with ladder that’s easy to stow

-mattress is fairly comfortable, I prefer the deepsleep mattress for comfort in the back of the Bronco, but as far as lightweight rooftops go I think the provided mattress is just fine. It also comes with an anti condensation mat underneath which was a nice touch.

-if I could change anything I would consider just upgrading the roof rack. While we never exceeded the static weight recommendation with the tent and two people, the OEM roof rack just feels slim at with just the two support bars. I’d eventually like something with more crossbars but have yet to find what I’m looking for.

Pics below from some of the trips we have taken with the tent. Feel free to ask any questions that I didn’t answer!

Nice, mine arrived today ($1,500 shipped)! Make sure you inspect it upon arrival - XPO Logistics damaged the first shipment. The 2nd shipment was good. I was wondering if I should get the 3rd crossbar - I guess I will.

Do you have any close up pics of the mounting points?

Also, here are videos that talk about how to improve the position of the rain fly and more:

I think for the price (value) and features it will do nicely for my hunting/camping trips.

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice, mine arrived today ($1,500 shipped)! Make sure you inspect it upon arrival - XPO Logistics damaged the first shipment. The 2nd shipment was good. I was wondering if I should get the 3rd crossbar - I guess I will.

Do you have any close up pics of the mounting points?

Also, here are videos that talk about how to improve the position of the rain fly and more:

I think for the price (value) and features it will do nicely for my hunting/camping trips.
Oh awesome! Yes I just got my rig back from ford service and I’ll try to get some pics of the mounting points for you this week. Glad you got one and that it will work out well for you!

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you so much for your review! I was contemplating this tent because GFC won't have any Lites until mid-year. After watching two Youtube reviews and then reading yours, saying it rained, I ordered it online for $1600 with shipping. Not quite the deal everyone else got, but I'm happy it will be here! It will go back and forth between my Bronco and Lightning.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you! I like to penny pinch when I can so this is helpful 😜
So how tall is it from the top of the MIC to the top of the RTT (closed)....say measured roght there above the spare tire?

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it would do ok in a light rain but I wouldn’t take it out in a downpour, it was sprinkling overnight when we had it out, even without the rain fly we stayed dry.

As for fitting on the two door, I think the pics I’ve seen of the superlite fit well on the two door and I would guess this about the same size so I think it could work
The OEM rack is identical on both the 4-door and 2-door. And yea, I know there’s two different parts numbers but they are the same. I sold my rack (2-door) to a couple with a 4-door and it’s a perfect fit.

Sponsored

RicochetJP

Everglades
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Badlands and Fusion Sport (all 2.7s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I ordered the 3rd crossbar - waiting on that and better weather to test it out.

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I found him! What do I win?!

Oh wait, this is a product review post. My bad :ROFLMAO:
Good catch, and the reason why I can't have a RTT. No way you're hauling a large breed dog up and down those steps. My dogs are spoiled and sleep in the tent with me. Otherwise I like the idea.

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So how tall is it from the top of the MIC to the top of the RTT (closed)....say measured roght there above the spare tire?
About 10 inches:
Ford Bronco Lightweight rooftop tent RTT by Inspired Overland -- review & photos 1C8C82C3-B642-4CD0-A317-7F9928C215D8

Sorry, not the greatest pic as I was precariously perchedon my bumper

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh awesome! Yes I just got my rig back from ford service and I’ll try to get some pics of the mounting points for you this week. Glad you got one and that it will work out well for you!
Ok, got the best pics I could manage of the mounting points 😬

Ford Bronco Lightweight rooftop tent RTT by Inspired Overland -- review & photos 3F8EED43-475D-4EE3-8846-CA896B590861
Ford Bronco Lightweight rooftop tent RTT by Inspired Overland -- review & photos 4BD34562-BE66-4B30-924A-F987DEB43DFD

Sorry for the late response, we all got covid this week

But sounds like you already ordered the tent and this wasn’t a make or break issue for you. Congrats on your new tent!

89970A43-D1DC-463E-96E0-639239BB5378.jpeg

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good catch, and the reason why I can't have a RTT. No way you're hauling a large breed dog up and down those steps. My dogs are spoiled and sleep in the tent with me. Otherwise I like the idea.
He gets to sleep in the car while we sleep in the RTT. Definitely no way I’m lugging him up the ladder 😂. But we have a situation where my son and husband sleep in the RTT and we also have the deep sleep mattresses for the back where doggo and I can sleep. Perfect sleeping situation for the four of us
Sponsored