Base
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson RKS
Bronco
Base
I don’t think either is a bad choice. I personally just think the CGI block of the 2.7 is confidence inspiring, and there are F-150’s already racking up tons of miles on them. I’ve even heard that it has the least warranty claims of any engine Ford makes at this time.

That’s what I want.
I heard those things as well and since I plan on keeping my Bronco for a long time I wanted the engine that would last the longest.
Advertisement

TNcoupe

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N, 1970 Bronco
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Tuning a bronco is an odd choice to me. Get a mustang GT or a powerstoke to really dial up a motor.
Same here. Wait til they get the IFS axles in a bind and apply 400hp. A high CG SUV on flexy off road tires is not the prime vehicle to go fast.

2fast4u

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Bronco
Badlands
I hope Ford had a power pack out ASAP for the Bronco. I would love if I could Buy it and install it
when picking up the Bronco.

DukeofArmchair

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Bronco
Wildtrak
Same here. Wait til they get the IFS axles in a bind and apply 400hp. A high CG SUV on flexy off road tires is not the prime vehicle to go fast.
Just because you have 400hp doesn't mean you use it on the trail. You can easily snap a front axle with the factory HP in the right situation. I for one am all for more power on the street. Being able to go up Loveland pass in Colorado with a trailer and cargo and maybe even pass someone without having to redline the piss out it would be nice.

Just like anything else, know what you have and how to use it.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Bronco
Badlands
Quick question, I have the 2019 Ranger Crew cab with the 2.3. If I get the Ford Performance Tune pack now for $700 or so and have Ford install it on my Ranger, will the tuner that comes with it also be usable for the 2.7 in my future Wildtrak? If so, I'll spring for it now, but if not I'll wait.
No....

Auto Paint

Outer Banks
First Name
Drew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Platinum 2020 Volvo XC60 T6R
Bronco
Outer Banks
When my wife gets one, I will 5 Star tune it.

I just hit 2K miles on my Expedition, and I'm going to buy and download the 5 Star 93 Street Tow tune tomorrow.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Crew Cab
Bronco
Outer Banks
Odds of a dealer installed Ford performance power kit similar to what they have done on 2.3 and 5.0 making its way to the ecoboost 2.7? Seems to be slim pickens in the aftermarket after some research
I have a 2.7 EcoBoost in my 2016 F150. Ive never lacked for power, torque, acceleration, or response.! The updated version of that engine in my lighter, smaller new Bronco? More than enough power, even though it's slightly de-tuned. I can see putting a tuning kit on the 2.3, single turbo 4cyl for a little extra oomph, if I had one. But i don't expect to spend any money trying to get more power out of the 2.7 in my Bronco. Would rather spend through the accessory catalog, beginning with a nice retractable convertible top for Summertime use!

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Bronco
Badlands
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I would love to be able to switch between a performance tune and an economy tune to get the range of my 2 door Badlands over 300 miles. 😂 Is there such a thing?

Reactions: Jdc
Advertisement

BuiltRight
Advertisement