Sponsored

Likelihood of Ford Performace tune / power pack for Bronco 2.7L

• Thread starter Deleted member 5064
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6

Deleted member 5064

Odds of a dealer installed Ford performance power kit similar to what they have done on 2.3 and 5.0 making its way to the ecoboost 2.7? Seems to be slim pickens in the aftermarket after some research
Sponsored

Bybotie

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge ST, 2021 Mustang Mach1 HP, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PBD will have this thing making over 400hp/450lbtq at launch. It's the same powertrain as the F150 and they have it dialed in.

Rocket Rick

Wildtrak
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick question, I have the 2019 Ranger Crew cab with the 2.3. If I get the Ford Performance Tune pack now for $700 or so and have Ford install it on my Ranger, will the tuner that comes with it also be usable for the 2.7 in my future Wildtrak? If so, I'll spring for it now, but if not I'll wait.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am sure COBB will have a tune for the 2.3 and 2.7 but they are historically slow as hell to come to market because they R&D hard as hell. I say 8-12 months after release and they should have something.

Sponsored

KennyCJR

Wildtrak
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 King Ranch F150, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
5 Star Tunes is popular in the F150 world. I’d also bet that Stage 3 Motorsports will test and carry Bronco aftermarket parts.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty high, it usually takes a year or so from launch for Ford Performance to make the calibrations available.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have talked to a 30+ year Ford factory mechanic and he thinks there will be a factory tune out by the time people start getting their Broncos.
Personally I would pay extra for a factory tune that does not violate the warranty, that runs on 91 octane (which is all you can get in here in Kalifornia) Vs. a tune shop that may make more power but violates the warranty. I would be VERY happy with 40-50 Hp/Torque tune out of what is already a great motor. I plan on NEVER selling this truck. JMO.

Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Unless it’s coming from the dealer, these PCMs are going to take awhile to hack due to the heightened security of the over the air “architecture”. I already have my HPTuner and credits just waiting for the chance to dial it up a bit!

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unless it’s coming from the dealer, these PCMs are going to take awhile to hack due to the heightened security of the over the air “architecture”. I already have my HPTuner and credits just waiting for the chance to dial it up a bit!
You gonna wait until the warranty expires? Pretty sure they can detect a re-flash of the PCM, no?

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odds of a dealer installed Ford performance power kit similar to what they have done on 2.3 and 5.0 making its way to the ecoboost 2.7? Seems to be slim pickens in the aftermarket after some research
Tune was just confirmed. See today's accessory post.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually decided to switch my Order from a 2.3 to the 2.7 Ecoboost at the last minute. I love the 2.3 but I figured if I get the 2.7 I wouldn't need a tune because 325hp and 400tq is more then enough for Off-roading. Not that I think the 2.3 needs a tune either. But I know I'll have the power definitely covered even keeping the 2.7 stock incase I ever decide to go 37s or something. Which honestly I doubt I'll ever do. IMO there's no need for a tune with the 2.7 not for my use anyway.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually decided to switch my Order from a 2.3 to the 2.7 Ecoboost at the last minute. I love the 2.3 but I figured if I get the 2.7 I wouldn't need a tune because 325hp and 400tq is more then enough for Off-roading. Not that I think the 2.3 needs a tune either. But I know I'll have the power definitely covered even keeping the 2.7 stock incase I ever decide to go 37s or something. Which honestly I doubt I'll ever do. IMO there's no need for a tune with the 2.7 not for my use anyway.
I don’t think either is a bad choice. I personally just think the CGI block of the 2.7 is confidence inspiring, and there are F-150’s already racking up tons of miles on them. I’ve even heard that it has the least warranty claims of any engine Ford makes at this time.

That’s what I want.
Sponsored