Sponsored

Likelihood of new colors for 2022 Bronco?

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe a better question- what color could be offered to make you seriously consider switching from your currently selected color?
Mistichrome! but realistically, Jalapeno Green
Sponsored

BroncoBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with many that a good green is missing from the original color choices. My hope is that they leave the more popular colors alone and replace low volume colors with some sort of green option. I ordered Cactus Grey and will be concerned if they do away with that color as it is the closest thing to green.

Since I am now a MY22 (black painted ModTop) maybe Ford can add some rear air vents for the MY22 as well. No matter what though I am excited about my Bronco!!

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don’t underestimate the power of the Ford....

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am generally not excited about the current colors:

Base Colors (worst to best, in my, and presumably only my opinion)

Black: what madman orders a black car? In Phoenix it's a sure sign of an out-of-stater. When it's 118 in the shade the last thing you want is a black vehicle.

Carbonized Gray: Almost black with a hint of gray. Best thing about it it it's not actually black.

Antimatter Blue: Almost black with a hint of navy blue. Kind of pretty in the sun, but dear lord it's going to be hot.

White: what am I a landscape company? Bleah. Everyone here drives a white car (see aforementioned 118 in the shade)

Iconic Silver: the color of every F-150 that isn't a landscape truck. Actually looks pretty good with the MIC top. Just boring. 2nd most popular color in AZ after white.

Velocity Blue: ok this one is pretty. Gives nice contrast to the MIC top. But, the wife's car is velocity blue, and matching would be kind of dorky.

Rapid Red: Photo's don't do this one justice. It's very 3D, and VERY metallic. $295 upcharge.

I'm waffling between Rapid Red and Velocity Blue for my 2-Door.

Premium (higher trim) Colors:

Race Red: AKA "Ticket me twice" red. Saw this on a Ranger last weekend. It's... let just go with attention getting.

Cactus Grey: Grey in shade, baby puke green in the sun. I wanted to like it, but it is just too green to be gray, and to gray to be green.

Lightning Blue: Really not that different from Velocity. Really, it's not.

Area 51: Cool looking grayish Teal. Most popular color for a reason.

Cyber Orange: Really nice color, $595 upcharge in addition to having to buy an expensive trim.

I have a late reservation, probably won't get to convert until the MY22 bank opens. So good chance I will go with "mystery color to be named later"

Also, I think a lot of these colors are going to look much nicer with a white top once that is finally available. I could probably do antimatter blue with the white top.

What colors would I really like?
Coyote Tan/Desert Tan
Late 70's Ford Yellow
Whatever orange color Subaru uses on the Crosstrek
Nonmetallic lightish Gray (Toyota's "Cement")
Blue Jeans Blue Not as dark as Antimatter, not as bright as velocity.

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cactus Gray isn't that green... have you looked at it in person?
I agree, when I saw it in person it's not green at all; just light grey. It must be the cameras that make it greenish.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford - if you're listening. Maybe you can put this out there again. (photo from Icon4x4)

Ford Bronco Likelihood of new colors for 2022 Bronco? Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 6.44.15 AM

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How is space white not like the navajo white of car paint? 96% percent white, and a little tiny bit of not white? I like it, it's better than Oxford White, but its still...white?
Because it's another one of those Ford colors that changes colors based on the light lol. I have seen it now where it looks grey, white, metallic white and even grey blue depending on the lighting

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree, when I saw it in person it's not green at all; just light grey. It must be the cameras that make it greenish.
definitely the cameras. When I saw it in person, you can see the greenish hue to it... but really slightly. For the most part, it's a flat gray. The camera's for sure bring out the green.

Ford - if you're listening. Maybe you can put this out there again. (photo from Icon4x4)

Ford Bronco Likelihood of new colors for 2022 Bronco? Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 6.44.15 AM
split pea soup??
Sponsored