First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
With all the stressing out over trim levels, options, packages, unavailability of this or that combination, etc., some small fraction of the population is going to purchase and enjoy "zero option" Base Broncos.

What demographic will go that route?
- Rental companies catering to an "off-road adventure experience"?
- Old tightwad curmudgeons?
- Parents giving one to their college kid?
- You?
- Me?
Sponsored

OP
OP
KH_59

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
People who want to build it into a monster from day one. If you know you want 37s or 40s and will replace everything to get there...I can see ordering a base.
Maybe...... if "everything" also includes the weaker front axle. And non-locker rear.....

Sponsored

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe...... if "everything" also includes the weaker front axle. And non-locker rear.....
That doesn't matter when you throw Dana 60s under both ends.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes people will replace those things too. s

I‘m going Basemansquatch because I think the squatch package is a good deal cheaper than aftermarket, if those are the upgrades you want to end up with.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To go 40s, you absolutely need to trash any of the stock ones anyway. Maybe 37s, not sure on that yet, but probably if you’re going to wheel them hard.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KH_59

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before this thread goes completely off the rails with the ultra-modders who are buying a Base as a platform to build a "super-Bronco"..... the original intent was to better understand who will "purchase and enjoy zero option Base Broncos".

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tightwad curmudgeons, which is me. I don't know what I'll get, as it changes by the hour.

I love all the add on stuff, and my latest build I sent to Dealer was BD/Mid/GPS/adv 4x4, but I don't need any of that. Hell I probably took my dad's 2wd 3/4 ton pick up with camper hunting on roads worse than my Bronco will see.

Base has more than my 2013 JKU sport (except the 30's), and honestly, I really like my JKU, and only wish it had nav or the ability to use Android auto.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just a 9-5 worker here with a family of 4. If Ford lets me have rear lockers on the base, that's what I'll go with. The rig will mainly be for family camping trips, so I don't need any of the more advanced stuff. And also because of that, the better on-road manners makes it much more appealing than a Wrangler.

I am not inclined to get sas package, it adds nearly 6k to the cost, and adds a lot of features I don't anticipate to need. Based on the way the B&P currently is, I will likely step up to Big Bend, just to be able to add rear lockers.

For me, adding lockers aftermarket is not something I want to deal with. Don't get me wrong, I have modified my share of vehicles, current one with a decent sized turbo slapped onto a factory NA station wagon. And I will be modifying the Bronco, likely adding steel bumpers, a winch, and likely lights, lots of lights. So I'm not against modding, but the thought of adding air lockers just puts me off for some reason...

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a BaseSquatch for the things that are more costly to upgrade later. After that, I will build it out like I want. For the cost of a package that includes a bunch of stuff I don't want, I can get just the options I want aftermarket. And with a better selection. In the end I can build the Bronco I want and it won't look like 1000 other Broncos out there.
Sponsored