Sponsored

Likely no pricing until late October and a good portion of the dealerships aren't apparent Granger Ford quality....Just a Hunch...

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is coming off three consecutive quarters of losses. They're laying off people by the thousands. I'm afraid the new CEO coming in next month, realizing the bronco is popular, will take the opportunity to price gouge every penny possible out of us. Does anyone have any theories to suggest otherwise?
They'll sell a lot more if they competitively price them as opposed to selling them separately at high cost. If they come off as insanely overpriced, they won't last past the initial hype.
Sponsored

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford is coming off three consecutive quarters of losses. They're laying off people by the thousands. I'm afraid the new CEO coming in next month, realizing the bronco is popular, will take the opportunity to price gouge every penny possible out of us. Does anyone have any theories to suggest otherwise?
Ford makes the same amount per unit sold regardless of what the dealer charges the customer. Any price gouging will only benefit the dealers, not Ford.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We forum members tend to get hung up on the 300K reservations and think its rainbows and lollipops for Ford. But trust me Wall Street analysts have those (exact) numbers as well, and Still the stock is down 20% from a year ago.

I'm torn between the first model-year curse, financial disarray, pandemic, and new leadership....and the fact you never know just how long Bronco will be around.

Sponsored

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All dealerships are playing games. They are local entities that are for profit. Even Granger and the place in WV. They might be able to promise a deal, but they have to make money somehow. I still don't believe Ford is going to allocate builds purely on reservation number alone. So Maybe a "deal" dealership promises you a great price, but I bet at this point they can't promise a prompt delivery. Ford will allocate vehicles on some algorithm, and I would put money on them not taking allocation away from high volume dealerships who are their best "customers" across product lines to fulfill sales at low volume dealerships that have high bronco reservations. I think there is a trade-off between "deal" and risking delivery date.

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All dealerships are playing games. They are local entities that are for profit. Even Granger and the place in WV. They might be able to promise a deal, but they have to make money somehow. I still don't believe Ford is going to allocate builds purely on reservation number alone. So Maybe a "deal" dealership promises you a great price, but I bet at this point they can't promise a prompt delivery. Ford will allocate vehicles on some algorithm, and I would put money on them not taking allocation away from high volume dealerships who are their best "customers" across product lines to fulfill sales at low volume dealerships that have high bronco reservations. I think there is a trade-off between "deal" and risking delivery date.
Iā€™ll take that bet. Reservation number will determine delivery date with some margin of error for grouping similar configurations. Round of golf? Beers? Bottle of bourbon?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, what if you're wrong and they release B & P next week? People will be panicking for nothing. That being said, now is the time to be talking to your prospective dealer and decide if you want to stay with them or not. Only about 7 weeks left to make a change. That's what I'd be doing if I didn't trust my dealer.
My God, truer words .... stopping reading this thread with the above post.

if you guys can't trust your dealer now, what will B&P change ? Will it all of a sudden make them "Trusty"? Will knowing the base price of a Badlands/Base/Big Bend/ Outter Banks now, change the dealers habits after every single option price is known?

Look at their past and current sales practices.
My dealer, every car on their lot is listed on their website at well below X-plan as their discounted price BEFORE ANY incentives.
They have a long history of being highly ethical.
If you are in the Chicago-land area... https://www.fieldhouseford.com/

Am I going to sweat a few hundred if Granger is lower? NOPE
I prefer the piece of mind that , in the event of trouble, this dealer has always been reliable....and they are much closer than 11 hours away.

Have they committed to an absolute price? NO, but they said as long as there are no surprise forced pricing strategies from Ford , they will continue with their "considerably below invoice" pricing. But hey , they don't trust Mother Ford anymore than we do! LOL I'm OK with that.

I guarantee you, if Ford dropped a bomb on their dealers on Bronco pricing, even good Ol' Albert will have to make some changes. Nobody is going to sell that many Broncos at a loss due to Mother Ford doing something HIGHLY UNEXPECTED.

Do I have ANY fear that they will suddenly become greedy with the MASS PRODUCED Bronco?
NOPE, not a single iota of fear. (FYI, even their Raptors are getting discounted 6 or 7 grand right off the bat....these guys are legit)

Y'all need start researching "Trusty" dealers so you don't have to sweat all of this for the next few months.

B & P tool is NOT going to change a dealers past or current pricing habits!!!

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure why everyone is saying getting an x-Plan PIN takes 60 days, I just signed up with MCA, linked to ford x-plan, entered my info and got the PIN in 10 minutes. I have access to another plan as well but just covering all bases.

OK, found the small print, not 60 days to GET the PIN, 60 days until you can USE it at time of order, no problem.

Last edited:

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford makes the same amount per unit sold regardless of what the dealer charges the customer. Any price gouging will only benefit the dealers, not Ford.
Not necessarily true. If it's the packages and options that get the price hikes, it will be Ford getting the brunt of that money, not the dealers.

Sponsored

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not necessarily true. If it's the packages and options that get the price hikes, it will be Ford getting the brunt of that money, not the dealers.
Yeah, I guess I'm not really paying attention to the options prices since I have a reservation for an FE. I know what the price of that vehicle is. Price gouging on my car would only benefit the dealers.

flamingoezz

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XC60
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I normally don't comment on posts like this, but it seems a bit harsh to call dealers leeches. New cars don't have a huge profit margin, and this vehicle is in high demand. If you want to try to start a revolution by boycotting until local dealers lower their prices, I fear you may be waiting a long while for your bronco. There are tons of people out there who would gladly pay MSRP.

Steve Awesome

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2010 HD Softail Deluxe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here's my issue. Ford said they would have a Building and Pricing Tool by September. They unveiled the vehicle in July. We're 10 days away from October.

In contrast, the day Dodge unveiled the TRX, people were able to buy them.

This doesn't really bother me, but it's annoying. I'm probably looking at one in 2023, for 4 reasons.

1. my 2017 F150 should be paid off over a year by then.
2. All the rservations, allotments, flips, nonsense, over pricing, etc should be over.
3. Any bugs should be fixed. I never buy first year vehicles, I let someone else be a guinea pig.
4. There may be better colors, options, etc available as well.

I just think it's bogus that the vehicle has been unveiled for 2 months, and people can't look at options, colors, specs, this, that and the other thing.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So here's my issue. Ford said they would have a Building and Pricing Tool by September. They unveiled the vehicle in July. We're 10 days away from October.

In contrast, the day Dodge unveiled the TRX, people were able to buy them.

This doesn't really bother me, but it's annoying. I'm probably looking at one in 2023, for 4 reasons.

1. my 2017 F150 should be paid off over a year by then.
2. All the rservations, allotments, flips, nonsense, over pricing, etc should be over.
3. Any bugs should be fixed. I never buy first year vehicles, I let someone else be a guinea pig.
4. There may be better colors, options, etc available as well.

I just think it's bogus that the vehicle has been unveiled for 2 months, and people can't look at options, colors, specs, this, that and the other thing.
Ford seems to be having a hard time with build and price in general. Explorer job #1 is in 3 days and no B & P. F-150 job #1 is a month away and only early B & P. You can buy both of those, but you have to go to the dealer and waste your time and theirs doing something you could do from home.

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ll take that bet. Reservation number will determine delivery date with some margin of error for grouping similar configurations. Round of golf? Beers? Bottle of bourbon?
Will be interesting if we end up with sufficient information to decide who is right, but there is a great microdistillery in my neck of the woods here in Arizona that makes pretty darn good rye and bourbon whiskeys that I'd be willing to put up as stakes. Or once we take delivery of our new rides, we could meet for beers after an off road trip :)
Sponsored