Sponsored

Likely no pricing until late October and a good portion of the dealerships aren't apparent Granger Ford quality....Just a Hunch...

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to guess that Ford isn't going to release a Build and Price tool until after the October Bronco Super Celebration East event.

There has been a fair amount of people chatting about and trying to get dealerships competitive against each other and it seems many are upset. They aren't happy about smart buyers and our ability to communicate. I am assuming a benefit that big wigs at dealerships may or may not be pushing for is to hold out on a Build and Price tool until after or Just before the deadline of when we can change dealerships so we are stuck with the higher prices many want to push.

I have been banned from a local dealerships Private face book group, Larry H Miller Ford Draper in Utah. This occurred after I was trying to encourage a more competitive market and speaking to other group members on how to do that. Some of which was with sharing posts from Granger Ford from this forum, or exploring options about neighbor states that have generally lower prices only hours away. Needless to say the money leeches didn't appreciate that and have sent me packing from their group.

After reading many forums and threads on here, I believe there is a good amount of people that seem not strapped for cash and don't have a need to be thrifty with their money and could care less about this issue. If that's you just move on from commenting about how we poor folk just need to suck it up. For those of us that aren't as well established in that regard we need to be looking out best we can.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How does releasing the prices later do anything? The good dealers have already said what they will do based on MSRP, invoice, X-plan, etc. So how does knowing the exact price change anything? If your dealer is giving you the runaround now, knowing the exact price won't change anything, will it? Those who have said $1000 below invoice, or MSRP or whatever will still be $1000 below, won't it?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Again, what changes? If they won't commit to a price now, how does the B&P change that? You already know they won't commit to a price. If your dealer is trying to screw you now, the B&P won't change that and if your dealer has committed to X amount below MSRP or invoice, the B&P won't change that either.

Staying with or leaving a bad dealer is not based on the release of the B&P. You already know what quite a few are offering. If your dealer isn't and you want that deal, switch. You don't actually place the order until December (or later). When the B&P tool is released isn't going to make anyone commit to a price structure that doesn't want to.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
When is the last day we can switch? We have good info here on the forums about which dealers are honoring Xplan and are some what informed to really informed. To me the problem is I’m on the hype train and want a bronco already! Maybe ford released all these teasers a little too early. But it gives others time to save?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No dealer is committing to any price right now. Not even Granger. They don't know the price. They are committing to a certain amount below MSRP or invoice or X-plan, or whatever. Knowing the exact dollar amount doesn't change that.

If your dealer won't commit to MSRP or less now, they aren't going to after the B&P tool either. If you feel your dealer is going to screw you, change. Why wait? Do it now. You know what the offers are, so if you don't have what you want at home, switch. Or don't and then complain about your dealer.

Sponsored

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Again, what changes? If they won't commit to a price now, how does the B&P change that? You already know they won't commit to a price. If your dealer is trying to screw you now, the B&P won't change that and if your dealer has committed to X amount below MSRP or invoice, the B&P won't change that either.

Staying with or leaving a bad dealer is not based on the release of the B&P. You already know what quite a few are offering. If your dealer isn't and you want that deal, switch. You don't actually place the order until December (or later). When the B&P tool is released isn't going to make anyone commit to a price structure that doesn't want to.
If I can build what I want, print it out, take it to the dealer to sign before 10/31, that makes a world of difference for me in December.

By delaying the B&P tool, Ford’s doing the dealers a favor by ultimately having less time for more people to do exactly that. Meaning more people end paying the dealers more in December because they didn’t figure it out or get there stuff together before 10/31.

If we had two months of B&P, everybody and their mama would figure it out. But by only allowing a week or two, the number of savvy buyers not getting screwed in December is greatly reduced.

Edit: The “floor sales manager” committed to honoring my X-Plan in writing to me personally already, but I’m still going to get them to sign a printout of the B&P asap because I used to sell Ford’s and I’m not naive enough to think they won’t try to screw me if they can. That’s literally what they all do for a living. They even screw their own salesmen sometimes by rolling money to the backend or hiding money on the trade-in, even from salesmen not just customers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
11Bronco1776

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does releasing the prices later do anything? The good dealers have already said what they will do based on MSRP, invoice, X-plan, etc. So how does knowing the exact price change anything? If your dealer is giving you the runaround now, knowing the exact price won't change anything, will it? Those who have said $1000 below invoice, or MSRP or whatever will still be $1000 below, won't it?
Here is a real life example to help you better understand what I mean. With a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon I did a build and price between 2 dealerships. One dealer was in my hometown the other about 3 hours away located in a smaller town. The exact same vehicle and specs was priced almost 10k different just based on which dealership I selected. So knowing the exact price and being able to select between the two changes a lot. Likely 10k worth if not more. So dealers getting the chance to not have to compete in pricing because there is no build and price tools available until the deadline to pick which dealer you want potentially can screw the thrifty consumer.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright, I hope y'alls crappy dealers become great after the B&P tool is released. Thankfully I'm happy with mine or I'd change now. I wouldn't wait. You don't actually place your order until December, so good luck. Really.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, what if you're wrong and they release B & P next week? People will be panicking for nothing. That being said, now is the time to be talking to your prospective dealer and decide if you want to stay with them or not. Only about 7 weeks left to make a change. That's what I'd be doing if I didn't trust my dealer.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Remember the build and price is not gospel. It's just an online tool to estimate price. I have seen many instances of people using a manufacturers web based build and price tool then going to the dealer to order and finding out that option prices were different. Or some options aren't actually able to be ordered together. Or maybe even there are choices at ordering that don't show up on the build and price. I have had one of these situations happen to me when I special ordered a Wrangler. Bottom line you won't know the exact cost of what you want to order until they spec it out for you at the dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
11Bronco1776

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember the build and price is not gospel. It's just an online tool to estimate price. I have seen many instances of people using a manufacturers web based build and price tool then going to the dealer to order and finding out that option prices were different. Or some options aren't actually able to be ordered together. Or maybe even there are choices at ordering that don't show up on the build and price. I have had one of these situations happen to me when I special ordered a Wrangler. Bottom line you won't know the exact cost of what you want to order until they spec it out for you at the dealer.
So lets get that option to get it spec'd out at the dealers so we can price shop I guess. Thanks for the insight.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not strapped for cash, but that doesn't mean I don't want to save money on my bronco. If a dealer is not willing to talk about price and plans now I doubt that will change after b&p comes out. I don't trust dealers and sorry, but not even Granger.
Sponsored