Sponsored

Likely no pricing until late October and a good portion of the dealerships aren't apparent Granger Ford quality....Just a Hunch...

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that B & P needs to happen soon, but that's a separate issue from people wanting to change dealers but are still putting it off. The deadline for that change is weeks away and ordering is months away.
Disagree. Buyers understanding pricing of product allows them leverage in selecting dealers.
We all love the bronco, that’s evident. But most of us as consumers would not ever purchase a product this way. Go into a business and put down a “deposit” and have the business say we can’t tell you what said price of said product will be yet but here soon no matter what you will be locked into buying this product from us. That’s just stupid and most of us would not do that. But yet we as consumers are allowing ford and certain dealerships to handle the buying experience in this weird non traditional way.
I’m glad I have a dealer I can trust and work with but unfortunately a lot of people do not.
So yes pricing- and selecting the business you want to do business with goes hand in hand, not two different issues..
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm starting to believe Build and Price is ready and has been ready for a while. But Ford isn't releasing in hopes to lesson the reservation transfers. Who knows maybe they're getting pressure from their dealers about how they'll loose reservations. Especially with the discounts offered by Granger and Stephen's. Just a theory I came up with.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to guess that Ford isn't going to release a Build and Price tool until after the October Bronco Super Celebration East event.

There has been a fair amount of people chatting about and trying to get dealerships competitive against each other and it seems many are upset. They aren't happy about smart buyers and our ability to communicate. I am assuming a benefit that big wigs at dealerships may or may not be pushing for is to hold out on a Build and Price tool until after or Just before the deadline of when we can change dealerships so we are stuck with the higher prices many want to push.

I have been banned from a local dealerships Private face book group, Larry H Miller Ford Draper in Utah. This occurred after I was trying to encourage a more competitive market and speaking to other group members on how to do that. Some of which was with sharing posts from Granger Ford from this forum, or exploring options about neighbor states that have generally lower prices only hours away. Needless to say the money leeches didn't appreciate that and have sent me packing from their group.

After reading many forums and threads on here, I believe there is a good amount of people that seem not strapped for cash and don't have a need to be thrifty with their money and could care less about this issue. If that's you just move on from commenting about how we poor folk just need to suck it up. For those of us that aren't as well established in that regard we need to be looking out best we can.

Thoughts?
People need to let dealerships run their business and stop telling them what other dealers are offering. Anyone here can basically get xplan with no negotiations. Everyone should be more than happy with invoice pricing. And yet they are still wanting dealers to do better? It's already invoice pricing and people want a better deal. The money dealers make on invoice isn't a lot and they still have families to support. It's not really appropriate to be sharing one dealer info on anothers group. If you don't like what they have to offer then move on to another dealership. I'm sure most people don't have deep pockets but it's going to be a $40k vehicles and nitpicking over a few hundred dollars or so under invoice is petty. I

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad as a Canadian I managed to pick a great dealership to handle my reservation right from the get go. I'm getting excited I can feel the shit winds of the B&P tool coming.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Disagree. Buyers understanding pricing of product allows them leverage in selecting dealers.
We all love the bronco, that’s evident. But most of us as consumers would not ever purchase a product this way. Go into a business and put down a “deposit” and have the business say we can’t tell you what said price of said product will be yet but here soon no matter what you will be locked into buying this product from us. That’s just stupid and most of us would not do that. But yet we as consumers are allowing ford and certain dealerships to handle the buying experience in this weird non traditional way.
I’m glad I have a dealer I can trust and work with but unfortunately a lot of people do not.
So yes pricing- and selecting the business you want to do business with goes hand in hand, not two different issues..
I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. If you think you have a sketchy dealer, they'll still be sketchy after you know the price. I've worked with the same dealer for a long time, so I'm not concerned on that aspect.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think one of the Texas dealers offered free shipping.
Several do, actually. You just need to contact your dealer and ask if they ship for free, and whether it is driven to you or shipped on a truck. All the free shipping I have been quoted by Texas dealers involved having it driven to you. But it's important to clarify what the shipping method is going to be. They may offer both, but one is free and another is definitely not.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People need to let dealerships run their business and stop telling them what other dealers are offering. Anyone here can basically get xplan with no negotiations. Everyone should be more than happy with invoice pricing. And yet they are still wanting dealers to do better? It's already invoice pricing and people want a better deal. The money dealers make on invoice isn't a lot and they still have families to support. It's not really appropriate to be sharing one dealer info on anothers group. If you don't like what they have to offer then move on to another dealership. I'm sure most people don't have deep pockets but it's going to be a $40k vehicles and nitpicking over a few hundred dollars or so under invoice is petty. I
Are you a dealer?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. If you think you have a sketchy dealer, they'll still be sketchy after you know the price. I've worked with the same dealer for a long time, so I'm not concerned on that aspect.
Nope if u would’ve read my post clearly I state I have a dealer (granger ) that I trust.
So this doesn’t affect me but many buyers do not have the same luxury or have the ability to switch to a dealer 1000s miles away...

but thanks for the advice I guess?

Sponsored

Scorprob

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you think about it, we are buying a car without trying it, hey, we haven’t even see it in person, It is a risk on this, Ford or its dealers should recognize this and not play with the customers with reservations or it can fireback to them. If this car becomes a lemon, things will go south very fast for us and them especially if the haven’t treat their customers the right way.

OP
OP
11Bronco1776

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see the release of B&P being anywhere near that late. It would just be bad PR for Ford to do so with the 10/31 dealer change restriction. I'm definitely not someone you could describe as a "glass half full" kind of guy but I feel confident that B&P will drop "soon"®.
I hope you're correct....

OP
OP
11Bronco1776

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not remotely shocked that a private FB page for a specific dealership didn't like you posting things for another dealership.
Nor am I....I am looking for the dealerships that arent that way and I know there is far fewer of them out there. So, many times in life you gotta stand up to the plate and call um out to see how they will react. Gives you insight and protection in the choices you make about the kind of people you will stand with and support.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, 3 pages will take me a few minutes to get thru, so maybe it's already been said. But here's my suggestion.

Get eligible for x-plan if you aren't already. Confirm that your dealer will accept x-plan (assuming Ford makes Bronco eligible). Now you are covered for the most part, you'll get a price slightly over invoice. Then either look for a buying group out your way, or do some legwork yourself looking at nearby dealers (couple hour drive).

I do take a similar stance though as in I'd like to see B&P sooner rather than later so I can decide what I'm getting based on price. My possible builds are all within $5k of each other (if I had to guess).
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does a buying group offer?

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get eligible for x-plan if you aren't already. Confirm that your dealer will accept x-plan (assuming Ford makes Bronco eligible). Now you are covered for the most part, you'll get a price slightly over invoice.
Dealers have more ways to screw your over than you realize.

The only way to fully protect yourself is, get the X-Plan, get the B&P, print it out, get a manager’s signature on the price and a commitment to whatever fees you agree on (before 10/31), when it’s time trade/sell your old car at CarMax, and get your own financing at a local credit union.

Otherwise you’re going to get caught with your pants down. I guarantee it.
Sponsored