Sponsored

Likely no pricing until late October and a good portion of the dealerships aren't apparent Granger Ford quality....Just a Hunch...

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still not sure why ford arbitrarily made October 31 a date to finalize a dealer. Really in the grand scheme of things until one needs to place actual order why would Ford give two shits what damn dealer someone chose...
You’re saying the quiet part out loud.

Ford knows exactly what they’re doing. And the delayed B&P tool is all about pressure from big dealerships not wanting it released yet.
Sponsored

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess what I am saying is be cool and remember your salesperson is doing their job to earn a living.
Of course be cool, but did you know the salesmen get a $100 “mini” regardless of whether the dealership makes any money and sometimes moving the unit is worth it for monthly numbers.

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does a buying group offer?
Strength in numbers.

Look at it this way. I go to multiple dealers, I say what can you do for me? In return I hear... "This is a new release..... This is the Bronco... This is (whatever else they can think of) ..... We are selling at MSRP.
OR...
I contact multiple dealers and I say (granted this is short version and not exactly how I'd say it)
I'm part of a group of future Bronco buyers, we are reaching out to see if your dealership would offer any incentive for choosing your dealership, currently we have 30+ that are looking to switch.... And from what I've seen, not all dealers but a handful have been trying to earn our business.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does a buying group offer?
If you are unable to take advantage of the Granger or Stephens Ford $1,000 below Invoice deals on this forum the next best thing is a Group Buy. The idea is a bunch of people get together and find a dealer willing to sell at a lower price. This gives the dealer higher volume and profit in the end.

The next best deal is to get signed up for the Ford X-Plan, details at this post:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...vs-invoice-and-below-invoice.2319/#post-76441

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The continued logic and argument that the B&P is relevant to which dealer you choose has become laughable.

If you can justify reserving outside of your local market change your reservation to @StephensAutoCenteror or @Granger Ford and quit worrying about it. Otherwise, get an MCA membership for xplan or accept your dealers stance and quit worrying about it. The B&P will not change anything.

Edit:

maybe the B&P logic makes sense when trying to decide against a bad or worse dealer. Maybe it will tellyou who is screwing you the least. I luckily have not had to contemplate that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The continued logic and argument that the B&P is relevant to which dealer you choose has become laughable.
Just a thought here, because to be honest, B&P to me basically just helps me to figure out WHICH model and options I want... but on the flip side...

We've seen so many dealers state "We won't say anything until we have pricing!" So in that regards, at least if we have a B&P (which doesn't necessarily equate to 100% accurate pricing from what I've read), at least we have something to go back at the dealer with.

Now countless members do have x-plan already (myself included). That doesn't stop anyone from trying to do better?

Lastly, Ford says you can change reservation up to end of October. So time is running out for people chasing a better deal. Therefor, B&P is playing a significant role in this conversation.

And to close it out, taking a page from the "Maybe a Bronco isn't right for you" Playbook (god those people annoy the shit out of me!!), Maybe the B&P threads are something you should avoid. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist being a dick. Just don't tell @JAGSarge about it... thanks ?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a thought here, because to be honest, B&P to me basically just helps me to figure out WHICH model and options I want... but on the flip side...

We've seen so many dealers state "We won't say anything until we have pricing!" So in that regards, at least if we have a B&P (which doesn't necessarily equate to 100% accurate pricing from what I've read), at least we have something to go back at the dealer with.
What do you think these dealers that won't say anything until B&P are going to say after? Some kind of deal? Doubt it.

There are many dealers that have made their stance on pricing. I'd rather choose a dealer that has been open than one that won't give out pricing. Not like the Bronco is the first vehicle they've ever sold. They know what the margins will likely be.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What do you think these dealers that won't say anything until B&P are going to say after? Some kind of deal? Doubt it.
I have NO IDEA what they'll say because the B&P isn't out yet.

Once again, I noted what dealers have said to myself and many others. We won't do anything until we see pricing. So who knows, just maybe if B&P was out, just maybe they'd have a different response and just MAYBE we'd have more dealers to choose from. A lot of maybe's in there, but I'd rather have a maybe than the FLAT OUT NO's we are getting now.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not like the Bronco is the first vehicle they've ever sold. They know what the margins will likely be.
90% of dealers play games, this will unlikely change in the foreseeable future.

It is our job as consumers, to become educated on the car buying process, and flip the game right back on them.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have NO IDEA what they'll say because the B&P isn't out yet.

Once again, I noted what dealers have said to myself and many others. We won't do anything until we see pricing. So who knows, just maybe if B&P was out, just maybe they'd have a different response and just MAYBE we'd have more dealers to choose from. A lot of maybe's in there, but I'd rather have a maybe than the FLAT OUT NO's we are getting now.
That's a big maybe. Not worth waiting to me.

I did the legwork before reserving. Found my dealer. That was two months ago. I don't understand why people are still scrambling looking for a dealer and hoping for some sort of magic deal. You have a few dealers in the US giving great deals. You have lots giving pretty good deals. You have lots giving MSRP and X Plan. Get rid of some stress and just choose now. You're not going to find much (any?) better in the next 6 weeks regardless of B&P. If a dealer isn't trying to earn your business now they're not going to try much harder once you find out how much a white roof is going to cost.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think B&P will be released by this week. Don't forget that by = including.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are unable to take advantage of the Granger or Stephens Ford $1,000 below Invoice deals on this forum the next best thing is a Group Buy. The idea is a bunch of people get together and find a dealer willing to sell at a lower price. This gives the dealer higher volume and profit in the end.

The next best deal is to get signed up for the Ford X-Plan, details at this post:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...vs-invoice-and-below-invoice.2319/#post-76441
Thanks! This is good to know. Now to find one in Washington...

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't believe Ford is doing anything to try and "get over" on anyone.
Oh, Ford would never do that, would they? You mean like selling 1.5 million cars with a DCT transmission they already knew was problematic and defective before the first one was ever sold? And then telling their customers "It's supposed to act like that."? No Ford would never do that! ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

cactus_jack

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford is coming off three consecutive quarters of losses. They're laying off people by the thousands. I'm afraid the new CEO coming in next month, realizing the bronco is popular, will take the opportunity to price gouge every penny possible out of us. Does anyone have any theories to suggest otherwise?
Sponsored