Sponsored

Likes and Dislikes About Rekgen and Rokblokz Mud Flaps Only?

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have narrowed down my decision to purchase either Rekgen or Rokblokz mud flaps. I will have a Badlands with sasquatch built in April. I prefer the look of the Rekgen over the Rokblokz, but like the quick removal feature of the front flaps of the Rokblokz. I am looking for experience and or "things to think about" in helping me a decision.

On a second note, I don't want any longer of a flap than is needed to protect the paint. If you feel strongly that a "long" flap is needed, let me know!

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't have my Bronco yet, build date 6/8 but mostly in same boat. Been doing mud flap research and think I have landed on the Rekgen trophy's. Like the look a little better and how they install. Probably going the XL route to save the paint as much as possible.

I have narrowed down my decision to purchase either Rekgen or Rokblokz mud flaps. I will have a Badlands with sasquatch built in April. I prefer the look of the Rekgen over the Rokblokz, but like the quick removal feature of the front flaps of the Rokblokz. I am looking for experience and or "things to think about" in helping me a decision.

On a second note, I don't want any longer of a flap than is needed to protect the paint. If you feel strongly that a "long" flap is needed, let me know!

Thanks

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the Rekgen XL, and I'm happy with them. Install was easy and they look good with my Havoc Trailcrawler steps. The only thing I prefer about the Rokblokz is that the rear flap has a bracket that connects to the vehicle, rather than screwing it into the plastic of the rear bumper, where it could just pull out and leave a hole.

Still, I'd choose the Rekgen over the Rokblokz.

JR

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with Rokblokz XL Long for my ‘22 Badlands w/ sasquatch. The selling point for me was the ability to easily remove them. They can be removed quickly with a thumb screw or if you used the “permanent” screw set then a fee minutes longer with an allen key. Other than that I think they look very similar.
Ford Bronco Likes and Dislikes About Rekgen and Rokblokz Mud Flaps Only? D38433CC-E816-4600-B949-CEED0D373960
Ford Bronco Likes and Dislikes About Rekgen and Rokblokz Mud Flaps Only? 3FB10E6F-2AF5-4BB0-859E-392C824B9523
Ford Bronco Likes and Dislikes About Rekgen and Rokblokz Mud Flaps Only? 74562800-DB6C-4EB6-B769-C5B7156BBA36

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Think I might have changed my mind from RekGen's to RokBlokz's. Just like how they mount to a bracket

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me too!! Am waiting for a sale or discount code.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have rokblokz and I think they saved my vehicle from lots of dirt being flung down the sides. They don't stop it all, but it's a day/night difference. What I don' like about them is the price.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with Rokblokz XL Long for my ‘22 Badlands w/ sasquatch. The selling point for me was the ability to easily remove them. They can be removed quickly with a thumb screw or if you used the “permanent” screw set then a fee minutes longer with an allen key. Other than that I think they look very similar.
Ford Bronco Likes and Dislikes About Rekgen and Rokblokz Mud Flaps Only? 74562800-DB6C-4EB6-B769-C5B7156BBA36
How do the perform with keeping rocks and dirt off the side of your Bronco?

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have RekGen, the front are not XL because that wasn't an option when I purchased mine in 2021. I have been thinking of switching to the Rokblokz for two reasons. First, I live in Alaska and drive on rough roads half the year. The rear mudflaps are constantly losing bolts. The mounting set up for the rear isn't the best. It mounts into the bumper through a bracket. But driving on rough icy roads all winter loosens all the hardware and then the hardware falls out. Then the mudflap sits at at angle cause it's not secure. Second, I have the one with the American Flag, which is awesome, eccept due to sand on roads all winter it's always covered in dirt and difficult to clean.

Due to these reasons I am leaning towards the Rokblokz. I saw an install video and they mount directly to the vehicle without using the bumper. My only concern is if they'll work with my AMP steps.

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do the perform with keeping rocks and dirt off the side of your Bronco?
They definitely do help a lot with keeping debris off the side of the vehicle. I haven’t seen any rock chips on the side but then again I do not drive down gravel roads that you may encounter more so in Alaska.

I did notice in the winter it kept a considerable amount of snow, ice and slush off the rear door and fender which made it easier to open the door. It didn’t keep all of it off but then again I don’t know what would. This was before I had the sliders put on.

In regards to the hardware coming loose, I did lose a thumb screw at some point. I do not know when or how and maybe it was my own fault as the others have been good. I replaced the one with the included “permanent” screw set.

Adjustment and mounting of these are simple. The front attaches to where your crash bars would be and the rear attaches to the body mount. I don’t know what the AMP steps look like but if they don’t extend past where your fender comes down then you will be fine. I have no issue with my Metal Tech sliders.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They definitely do help a lot with keeping debris off the side of the vehicle. I haven’t seen any rock chips on the side but then again I do not drive down gravel roads that you may encounter more so in Alaska.

I did notice in the winter it kept a considerable amount of snow, ice and slush off the rear door and fender which made it easier to open the door. It didn’t keep all of it off but then again I don’t know what would. This was before I had the sliders put on.

In regards to the hardware coming loose, I did lose a thumb screw at some point. I do not know when or how and maybe it was my own fault as the others have been good. I replaced the one with the included “permanent” screw set.

Adjustment and mounting of these are simple. The front attaches to where your crash bars would be and the rear attaches to the body mount. I don’t know what the AMP steps look like but if they don’t extend past where your fender comes down then you will be fine. I have no issue with my Metal Tech sliders.
Awesome, thanks for the info! When driving through snow and slush my back door and fender flare have a pile of snow on them. I had a lot of rock chips in the rocker panel/lower door area.

The AMP steps drop down so I had to move them back a bit cause they were pushing on the front flaps. So I am sure they will be fine in the position I have them in.
Sponsored