Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murano and 08 chev Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No line in the sand for me, actually not getting till 22 is fine. I would like Ford to have an opportunity to resolve issues that are becoming evident. Silver lining, bought some Ford stock 7/20 when I thought I could get X plan, did not get X plan but stock has doubled! guess I am ok... :)
Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still in the pool, both feet in. But I'm closer to the edge of the pool than I used to be. When I let my '72 go 25 years ago, I promised I'd get the new one the day it came out, and well, I'm still trying for it.

I'm a day 2 early am res, day 2 order, top ten in allocations at my dealer. But Ford has to build a quality product and make promises they can keep in my mind. If they can't build it right now, say so. If I can't have my '21, say so. It's frustrating, and embarrassing, to having to shrug and explain the delays and failures to friends and coworkers who keep asking where my Bronco is.

But I'm also warily watching what these first Bronco's are doing, some with seizing engines, axle issues and then there's all the electronic stuff too. Then there's the damn top. If my 2 door shows up with the piece of shit for a roof on it like the dealers mannequin; which looks like it was cut from a form by a meth head with a butterknife and the shakes and the already has the honeycomb/snakeskin on the driver's side. Do I walk? Demand $3k deduct? Because the current 2 door hardtop looks temporary at best. Haven't seen the 4 door hardtop yet, so I can't attest to that.

I did take the dealer's rig for a spin (2 door, 2.3 squatched outerbanks) and did like it alot, the power is good, interior is ok, it's got some cheap spots, but it's gonna be a wheeler. But the standard stereo (which I'm getting) sounds like something out of a '84 base Corolla, I'm not looking for premium system, but man, it's bad. And why the hell didn't they make the analog gauge the tach? What idiot decided that?

I want this Bronco bad, it's been my dream, but I've also not just had my head in the sand. I really like the Jeep 4xE, it makes a lot of sense, especially as a daily rig. The Defender is nice, we went and drove some. My wife even traded her JK on a new Velar for her, and man that's nice. Chevy screwed up bad and missed on the Blazer. I doubt Yota will ever build a proper FJ, but at this rate, who knows. But I still want my Bronco, and I hope, that someday whenever mine is built, I won't have crossed that line in the sand.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'ma hold out until I either need to replace my car, or the bronco cometh. I'm fairly tempted by a potential lime green 2022 4runner, although I believe that path will lead to buyers remorse once I see broncos rolling around more often.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll have a better idea after my 2 day loaner.

As it stands I've started to simply check out jeep. But I'm not making any moves.

If after my 2 days with the bronco I'm in love with it I'll wait to the end. My current car is great. I don't need the bronco.

If I like it but don't love it I'll start test driving some Rubicons and see where it takes me.

If I like the Jeep equally to the bronco then I'll probably by a jeep first Q of 22 if my bronco is still pending (I'm a day 2 res but have a BL. Sasq. 2dr. 2.7. Lux)

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Obviously there are still a ton of us without Broncos. Many with early reservations & official orders. Being the $hit show this has become. Is everyone holding on until the end @ this point ? Being who the hell knows when this is actually going to be tangible. 2021 if you are super lucky. 2022 most likely. Dreadful 2023. Or do you have a final line in the sand ?
My paid-off 2012 Focus hatchback is still holding me, 80k miles and I work mostly from home, so I can afford to wait Ford out. They won't get rid of me that easy 😂😂

Sponsored

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i • Toyota 4Runner Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My line was the test drive. I drove a 4dr Badlands 2.3, manual, and a 4dr Wildtrack 2.7 auto.

- It wasn't comfortable. That's what truly did it in. I was on the fence for 3500lb towing limit, the delays, and the "unfinished" stuff (hard top, soft top rubbing already), but the test drive sealed it. I don't need a convertible 4x4... I may still want one someday - it's just not this one.

Brian803

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I went to another dealer, who i've given a $1,000 deposit to last Saturday and they keep telling me that Ford's system "has a glitch in it" which they have until next Monday or I'm getting my deposit back and I'll just wait until 2023.
Same situation here, made a reservation and placed my order at the dealer with a $500 deposit on 7/23/21 and I'm still showing as a reservation on Ford's site. Was told last week that Ford told them that their reservation to order system is down, called today for an update and my dealer said they will email Ford again about it. I feel your pain.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm an 8/22 res and will not waver from getting a hard top and sasquatch. Ever since we heard they were delayed from spring to summer for production, I figured I'd be a my2022 anyways considering there are 70k+ reservations converted to orders ahead of me (I'm super jealous I didn't hear about the new bronco until August 2020 or I would be a day 1 res). I just hope I have it before July 2022.

My current car (09 VW rabbit) does have 245K miles on it and climbing fast (driven a lot for work making me extra mileage $$), and while it has a very slow oil leak (like a quart every 5k miles on average for the past 30k miles), it drives well and is reliable. I just have to check the oil every now and then and top if off if it starts to run low. But given the car has that many miles on it, I don't know when it will die. And if it dies before I get the Bronco, hopefully by the end of Q2 2022, then I'll have to give up and get something different. (I'll pay for minor repairs and wear and tear maintenance, a lot of which I do myself for cheap, but not if it needs an engine rebuild or new transmission). However, if my car dies while I have a build date and less than two months till expected delivery, I could get by splitting my wife's wrangler and my motorcycle for around town.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone else would make a 2 door body on frame 4x4, I would ditch getting a Bronco. Been a ford guy for 30 years but it's just nuts and bolts. I don't really care who puts it together.

Jeep is my next options but everyone around here has one.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand a lot of the frustration and anger from many people here. They've got leases ending, cars breaking down, and really just need a new ride, thinking it should have been their Bronco.

I'm very fortunate in the sense that I've got no time constraints. My Fusion is not only paid off, it's low miles for it's age, and running just fine.
We've also got a minivan for hauling the family around, and it does amazing in the snow.

I've almost got half of the Bronco paid off, before I even take delivery. Would I absolutely love to go drive it off the lot today? HELL YEAH!! Will I keep waiting and saving for a bigger down payment? Yup, works for me. I'm disappointed that I don't have it yet, but I'm personally okay.

1740cc14ac55df2a3a9c839900388fd5.gif
Same boat, different paddle.

I am thinking about repainting my 2011 F150. That paint was thin as heck.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why can't more folks be like you ?!
You know this is the vehicle for you and know you can also buy anything else currently being made. Thanks for not bringing a pitchfork and torch to Ford on here
Why can’t more folks only be interested in a single vehicle? That’s a weird thing to want.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
My line was the test drive. I drove a 4dr Badlands 2.3, manual, and a 4dr Wildtrack 2.7 auto.

- It wasn't comfortable. That's what truly did it in. I was on the fence for 3500lb towing limit, the delays, and the "unfinished" stuff (hard top, soft top rubbing already), but the test drive sealed it. I don't need a convertible 4x4... I may still want one someday - it's just not this one.

I hear you. I test drove a 4 door Big Bend. It was cool. I liked it. But, I didn't feel that burning gotta have it. I surmised that the 2-door I ordered will be different. I do think it will. My line is slowly being drawn by the complete crap show of problems cropping up. The MIC top's are looking like the junk we've all been expecting. But, it's much more. And for me, getting a Ford fixed under warranty has turned into a buying constraint. We had two really good/great 16' Fords. Followed by a ho hum semi problematic 19' and now 20' that I can't get fixed and my wife wants to trade in after only 6 months. I know I am probably further ahead punting this Bronco and moving on. I know a truck is more practical for me. But damn it, I want the Bronco. I just want it to be great and early indications are saying the build quality or possibly engineering is anything but. I just don't have any good Ford service departments close. So, I'm really on the fence. I have a car to drive, so the balls in my court. Gonna see what new crops up and what gets resolved while I wait. I am not expecting my build until early next year anyhow. I'll likely buy a truck instead and come back for my Bronco when I semi retire in 4 years. Unlike many, a Jeep isn't even on my radar. I owned 2 JK's that were good vehicles, but I just grew tired of the whole Jeep thing. It's either wait on the Bronco or buy a full size truck at this point.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you. I test drove a 4 door Big Bend. It was cool. I liked it. But, I didn't feel that burning gotta have it. I surmised that the 2-door I ordered will be different. I do think it will. My line is slowly being drawn by the complete crap show of problems cropping up. The MIC top's are looking like the junk we've all been expecting. But, it's much more. And for me, getting a Ford fixed under warranty has turned into a buying constraint. We had two really good/great 16' Fords. Followed by a ho hum semi problematic 19' and now 20' that I can't get fixed and my wife wants to trade in after only 6 months. I know I am probably further ahead punting this Bronco and moving on. I know a truck is more practical for me. But damn it, I want the Bronco. I just want it to be great and early indications are saying the build quality or possibly engineering is anything but. I just don't have any good Ford service departments close. So, I'm really on the fence. I have a car to drive, so the balls in my court. Gonna see what new crops up and what gets resolved while I wait. I am not expecting my build until early next year anyhow. I'll likely buy a truck instead and come back for my Bronco when I semi retire in 4 years. Unlike many, a Jeep isn't even on my radar. I owned 2 JK's that were good vehicles, but I just grew tired of the whole Jeep thing. It's either wait on the Bronco or buy a full size truck at this point.
Agreed on the warranty being a buying constraint. Not that this warranty problem is just a Ford thing, but this will be my first second Ford product in 25 years. We bought a new RV with the new Ford F-53 chassis. It finally it went in to get some original/initial issues from our shakedown run buying it 11 months ago... but that's just the RV "house" stuff, they won't touch the Ford stuff- gotta take it to a Ford dealer for that, but no Ford dealers around here want to touch the RV's. Then my Dad's F-150, 4 years old, is still waiting for the dealer to take care of some seatbelt recall for over two years, but they haven't had the parts available. And with the supply chain the way it is, I don't need to make another big purchase if it's just going to be a headache.

I want my Bronco, but I also don't want it to be a dealership/warranty queen.

Quality seems to be a scarcity anymore. (cough, cough, WEBASTO). I'd rather rather wait, and get a good product, whether it be the Bronco or anything else. Than get a rushed, thrown together piece of garbage.

Ford, if you're listening, be honest, just tell us it's gonna be another 6 months, year, whatever. Build it right, and deliver your promises. That's all I ask.

I'm tired of staying Pumped.

Last edited:

CSRedDragon

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hang in there brothers and sisters. I was one of the lucky ones because I ordered a BB with soft top. I can only imagine how much better that SAS package would have been, but I can promise you it will be worth the wait. Amazing vehicle…fun, functional, and a looker! Approaching 1k miles and no issues! ….and the 2.7 has plenty of giddyup!!
Sponsored