First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have no line in the sand but find myself in a pickle. I reserved much later and then pulled the trigger on an order recently. OBX with a MIC Top, so no big deal, I was told it would be a 2022 Q2 or Q3 build, Ok with me, I called to confirm some details and it turns out it was turned into a 2021 WTH. So what happened?. Nobody can tell me anything. I really didn't plan for or even want 2021. I don't believe they could deliver it anyway, and it ruins my plans for getting it next summer or even next winter. Frankly, I don't even know what to do. What will happen if I pull out of the order etc. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, no rush. I came into this party late, but there's really only been 2 vehicles that I obsessed over once I saw them. First was the JKU as soon as it came out. Grabbed one in fall of '06, and have driven it ever since. This will be the 2nd, I plan on having it just as long if not longer than the JK (15+ years), so I'm in no rush. My JK is still running, not so much for long trips, but it's fine back and forth to the beach and around town.

So......no line, waiting to get what I want.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a toy not a daily driver for me. It will look good next to my 1967 Bronco and fill the gap between my Range Rover daily driver and the old bronco. I can use it off road with capability and comfort and still drive it to the trails without losing my hearing.

That said, a Rubicon will also fill the gap but not look as good next to the '67. There is a point where I walk away. If they start scheduling 2022 builds and I'm not in the first few weeks then I'll likely just buy a Rubi.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I just got bumped for the 13th time... 2 more weeks. Had started out June 14th.. then bounced around July... Landed on both shut down weeks... They both pushed. Then I landed on day of Aug 16...for about a month. Felt relatively secure till yesterday. Heard about the shut down...found out I landed on day of Aug 28th yesterday .. I called bullshit on that. Today again now to week of Aug 30. Now I've been super patient and keeping the faith... But moved 13 times now. I'm even starting to look at something else. 😐

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously there are still a ton of us without Broncos. Many with early reservations & official orders. Being the $hit show this has become. Is everyone holding on until the end @ this point ? Being who the hell knows when this is actually going to be tangible. 2021 if you are super lucky. 2022 most likely. Dreadful 2023. Or do you have a final line in the sand ?
No line. It's the only vehicle I really want. Considered a Defender but cost too much. Saw a Ranger yesterday at the dealer, but the damn roof wouldn't come off no matter how hard I tried 😳

So that leaves me with a jeep. I owned a Jeep in 2014 for 2 days. Bought it used from a dealer for $26K (4dr unlimited or something) It died on the highway the next day with my family in it in the middle of July in Hawaii. I got it fixed and drove it to the dealer the next day and made them take it back. Never again. Even when it was running it drove like crap... so I wait!

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously there are still a ton of us without Broncos. Many with early reservations & official orders. Being the $hit show this has become. Is everyone holding on until the end @ this point ? Being who the hell knows when this is actually going to be tangible. 2021 if you are super lucky. 2022 most likely. Dreadful 2023. Or do you have a final line in the sand ?
if anyone with a 2021 is unwillfully waiting for a 2023 there is a massive massive problem. that simply won't happen unless you're willing to holdout for a specific addon

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm going to wait it out. At least until I see what the 2023 Ranger is going to look like. I was late to the game with my reservation, so there's a bunch of people ahead of me awaiting their Broncos. There is not another vehicle that I want right now. I really like my Ranger and sometimes, when driving it, I wonder why I want something different! The delays mean my Bronco will be paid for on delivery, whenever that is.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will not go another summer without an off road vehicle. Yes I have a line in the sand and it is sept/oct. By that time both Jeep and Ford should have their 2022 details out, at that point, if I still have not been provided a timeline/VIN, I will most likely be a new Rubicon owner.

Fyi, first week reservation.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The line has been crossed….while I have 4Runner and Corvette both are paid for…so no real rush….however the 4Runner now has close to 90K miles on it and I’m ready for something new…. If Ford would communicate and give an estimated date range for delivery I’d be fine…..tell me the year and month….simple. The other side that’s a bit frustrating all the other dealers are pretty much in the same boat no vehicles.…they however can tell you if you order now figure 8 weeks or 12 weeks.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am going to wait it out and see if the Bronco delivers before the 2022 Raptor comes out. If I can use the Bronco as leverage with the dealer to get a MSRP 2022 Raptor I may take it.

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
True. However, he likely thought he was in a Bronco. Come on man!

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear you. I test drove a 4 door Big Bend. It was cool. I liked it. But, I didn't feel that burning gotta have it. I surmised that the 2-door I ordered will be different. I do think it will. My line is slowly being drawn by the complete crap show of problems cropping up. The MIC top's are looking like the junk we've all been expecting. But, it's much more. And for me, getting a Ford fixed under warranty has turned into a buying constraint. We had two really good/great 16' Fords. Followed by a ho hum semi problematic 19' and now 20' that I can't get fixed and my wife wants to trade in after only 6 months. I know I am probably further ahead punting this Bronco and moving on. I know a truck is more practical for me. But damn it, I want the Bronco. I just want it to be great and early indications are saying the build quality or possibly engineering is anything but. I just don't have any good Ford service departments close. So, I'm really on the fence. I have a car to drive, so the balls in my court. Gonna see what new crops up and what gets resolved while I wait. I am not expecting my build until early next year anyhow. I'll likely buy a truck instead and come back for my Bronco when I semi retire in 4 years. Unlike many, a Jeep isn't even on my radar. I owned 2 JK's that were good vehicles, but I just grew tired of the whole Jeep thing. It's either wait on the Bronco or buy a full size truck at this point.
Ugh a truck would make more sense for me too but not as fun
Sponsored