First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I researched other options (cars I was interested in) but most are similar in nobody has stock, don’t know when they’ll get more, no allocations (Raptor) or asking crazy ADMs for items available now.
Car buying sucks right now
Sponsored

Moabbob

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t plan on getting my Bronco until late 22 or early 23. I have a Land Cruiser to drive and the Bronco is an addition for rock crawling and shorter trips. I am lucky to not be in a hurry and it has to be hell on all of the folks who jumped on the order first day and have already put a year into it. It’s not just Ford that is having a hard time, it’s most industries and we will just have to wait for it to sort itself out.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I needed the Bronco, like if it was replacing an aging daily driver, expiring lease, or we were down to a single car waiting on it, I'd have canceled already. Since it's a 'fun truck' for me I'll still wait a little while longer. This has been a farce so far though

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No line for me. The Bronco is a third vehicle/toy that may replace our Tacoma when the lease is up in mid 2024. I just placed another reservation for a 2024 Mansquatc.

Bronco71

Badlands
First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1979 F250 Ranger Lariat, 1980 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This whole process has been frustrating I admit. I have looked online and built several Jeeps and 4runners only to delete the build. Neither one will give me the satisfaction of owning the bronco. I have grown up in a Ford family and own 3 old ones at the moment. One of my driving forces is to have 2 Broncos, one being my 71 and my 2021 (if my within 3 hour of debut reservation will get it for me.) Seeing other manufacturers have delays in builds and parts supplies has helped me realize it’s not just Ford. Could some things have been done differently? I am sure. For now I will refrain from contacting my dealer checking on build dates, because I know they will continue to change. It is also fewer times I have to feel disappointment. I will stay the course in hopes I can use it next year on some overlanding and fly fishing trips out west. If not I’ll drop some cash in the 71 as temp replacement.

Sponsored

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved within the first 2 hours and ordered a $60k sticker vehicle sight unseen, and Ford can't even tell me which year let alone which month or week I might expect to see it built. That's frustrating as hell. But I'm still here waiting... looking at alternatives more and more every week that this drags out. My line in the sand is probably December 1st to at least get a VIN and expected build date or I'm back in a Wrangler. I can't spend another year riding around in someone else's vehicle.

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not close to walking away just yet. I've wanted the Bronco since the reveal and have no desire to move on to something I'm not excited about (current vehicle works just fine). With that...I don't plan on dragging this ordeal out past Spring of 22, that's pushing it after having a day 2 reservation.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Obviously there are still a ton of us without Broncos. Many with early reservations & official orders. Being the $hit show this has become. Is everyone holding on until the end @ this point ? Being who the hell knows when this is actually going to be tangible. 2021 if you are super lucky. 2022 most likely. Dreadful 2023. Or do you have a final line in the sand ?

I don't think of this as a fixed timeline. I had to buy something as a DD to tide me over, but given how well used cars are doing, I don't think that will end up being a very significant cost.

The way I think about it is, I'll keep open the option of buying the BFE until (if ever) something else comes along that I like better. And the more Ford dithers, the more likely that is to happen.

Partially its because the BFE would suit my needs and wants, and the part of the country where I live, pretty well. Also partially its because, with inflation maybe picking up in a sustained way and governments trying like hell to kill off ICE vehicles, there's a decent thesis for being long a limited edition quasi-hot vehicle. Maybe you do OK if you flip it, maybe you just don't lose a lot. In any case, this is what I tell myself to justify continuing to wait. YMMV.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless Toyota comes out with a new FJ with removeable roof/doors, I guess I'll just wait - impatiently.
This is literally my plan, whichever shows up first the Bronco I ordered or a new Toyota FJ if they launch that and I can get my hands on one sooner. I'd probably prefer the FJ.

4X4XFAR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
The deposit gives me an "option" to buy a Bronco a year from now that is spec'd exactly the way I would want one.

I can decide to walk away without a penalty.

Meanwhile, I'm looking at the issues that arising with the early builds and how they're being addressed.

And I'm enjoying the drama too.

Sponsored

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in until the damn thing gets built and shipped to me. I've got time to wait so that is the plan.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is literally my plan, whichever shows up first the Bronco I ordered or a new Toyota FJ if they launch that and I can get my hands on one sooner. I'd probably prefer the FJ.
I'd pretty much HAVE to consider a new properly equipped FJ, provided it wasn't a let down like the new Blazer. That isn't to say the previous FJ Cruiser was a let down, it just doesn't call to me, if that makes sense.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd pretty much HAVE to consider a new properly equipped FJ, provided it wasn't a let down like the new Blazer. That isn't to say the previous FJ Cruiser was a let down, it just doesn't call to me, if that makes sense.
Totally agree. I had a deposit down on an Audi years ago, saw it at the Chicago auto show and was "meh" on it, walked over to BMW saw their comparable and ordered one on the spot. Vehicles have to do what you need them to do, beyond that it's about the warm and fuzzies.
Sponsored