First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've not really heard much about the possibility of doing a Line-X or traditional paint job on the MIC tops.

Pros: You have a white top.
Possibly cheaper than the 2022 parts department white top.

Cons: Could turn expensive.
Linex could look bad (thickness and what time would do to color).
May cause margin and gap problem.
May have adhesion problems.

Please add to the base of knowledge about pros and cons of even considering this.
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Con: It will add weight to the roof. Not sure how much though.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lineX will over time collect dirt and grime due to its grit right? Its not glossy in that it can be sprayed clean?

If not , i would go with paint

Sponsored

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
lineX will over time collect dirt and grime due to its grit right? Its not glossy in that it can be sprayed clean?

It cleans like any other car wash in my experience. I use a car wash brush and rinse with a light pressure spray. I do not even have to dry it well, it dries without streaks or issues.

Black does not stay black as it gets dirty week after week, it appears to lighten to a dark grayish color until it is washed clean of dirt.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Line-X Ultra is a thinner version with fine texture and would work on the top.

The only thing is, I've been digging around and asking questions about adhesion to the polyacetal engineered polymer top and they aren't sounding positive at the moment.

Granted, there aren't any customer owned Broncos that are out and about that have tried the Line-X Ultra so we don't really know. But, every Line-X place I've messaged has come back with a similar reply. If the the MIC top acts like ABS plastic, which is commonly used for grills and wheel flares/side mouldings, the adhesion will be questionable even when properly prepped (sanding and/or adhesion promoter).

To offset the possibility of poor adhesion, they 'encapsulate' the part being coated so it has no tape or break lines to start lifting up and peeling.

If this is actually true, it doesn't bode well for the Line-X option unless you can completely strip the the windows and hardware off of it so it can be encapsulated in a cocoon of Line-X.

If I'm wrong and the places are feeding me a line of b.s, feel free to add any info to counter what I just mentioned above. I would like to consider this as an option if MIC top is the only thing going to be offered on Base when/if body color, white and black tops become available.

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for all the info. The Linex info is giving me second thoughts. The Line-X worker I talked to, said that they never guarantee white because it turns eggshell white.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It cleans like any other car wash in my experience. I use a car wash brush and rinse with a light pressure spray. I do not even have to dry it well, it dries without streaks or issues.

Black does not stay black as it gets dirty week after week, it appears to lighten to a dark grayish color until it is washed clean of dirt.
Yay! A dark grayish color...
?

Sponsored

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would wait to see it person. I saw an Orange one at lunch today and I thought it looked good with the grey top.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am interested in doing the entire Bronco in the Raptor Liner product once the paint starts to show it’s wear. Saw a video review of the product and how well it cleans up and was quite impressed.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can clear coat line-x, actually saw a youtube video of it
Sponsored