Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Has anyone considered putting spray-on bedliner on their MIC top or fender flares? I want a white top and white flares and was wondering if maybe a sprayed bedliner material in white would accomplish that and improve the long term durability. It seems there is some doubt about paint holding up long term. Bedliner would definitely hold up better against chips on the flares if it adheres. I think I’ve seen bedliner sprayed over plastic before.
Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was going to do that and the line x person said it would be no problem.
you can do any color you want. If you add the sun protection it will not patina I personally like the patina effect that line x does over time but if you do the UV coating it will stay nice and bright.

OP
OP
bodie_38

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks! Did they give you a quote?

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I worked at a Line-X shop a long time ago. If you want something sprayed, they'll spray it. It will add a little weight but they won't spray it as thick as a bedliner so it won't be too bad. Also, a lot of Line-X shops are pretty notorious for making deals on projects they've never done.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was going to do that and the line x person said it would be no problem.
you can do any color you want. If you add the sun protection it will not patina I personally like the patina effect that line x does over time but if you do the UV coating it will stay nice and bright.
This guy did the flares on a Raptor.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone considered putting spray-on bedliner on their MIC top or fender flares? I want a white top and white flares and was wondering if maybe a sprayed bedliner material in white would accomplish that and improve the long term durability. It seems there is some doubt about paint holding up long term. Bedliner would definitely hold up better against chips on the flares if it adheres. I think I’ve seen bedliner sprayed over plastic before.
I looked into this very thing. Same company, white top, everything. Guy said he could do it, but wouldn’t stand behind the work because the white tends to yellow over time.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I looked into this very thing. Same company, white top, everything. Guy said he could do it, but wouldn’t stand behind the work because the white tends to yellow over time.
Send it to Dave Sinclair Ford and have them paint it. He's done a few of them and seems to have process down.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I havent taken delivery yet, but I was considering this very thing. I am glad I am not the only one. If anybody else has tried this yet I would love to know how long the white would stay looking good, with the UV protection applied, and regular cleaning with a power washer? I live in AZ (obviously) and the sun beats down pretty hard here, so I was just looking to go full white with the MIC top, but I would rather apply line-x or something than have it painted like the body, and be more fragile due to being plastic basically.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just curious....I believe Line-X goes on (applied) hot. The MIC top has had it's issues and do we even know if applying hot Line-X to it will not cause catastrophic break down of the MIC material?
I was personally curious also to those that have painted the MIC. Seems that painting it may cover any of the snake skin effect we have seen and even "seal" the MIC material even better and from the elements. Comments from any that have painted it???

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bad_Bronco has LineX'd his MIC top, fender flares, and grill - It looks awesome. He can likely add some light to this conversation.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I LineX'd my whole top, fenders, and front grille. Easy to keep clean (pressure wash), and no issues. As soon as I did it, it was quieter on the inside due to the Line-X on the top. It was my plan from day one, and I don't regret it at all. With the advancements they have now, you can get it many colors, and they can color match.
Ford Bronco Line-X/Rhinoliner on MIC top? image1 (26)

Mine on the left, you can see the color difference from the stock one on the right. Both exact builds.
Ford Bronco Line-X/Rhinoliner on MIC top? image0 (30)

Ford Bronco Line-X/Rhinoliner on MIC top? image2 (18)

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you look at the website for line-x they show that the company is able to due a smooth finish and it looks really good, I was thinking of doing top and fenders..

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dream (aside from actually taking delivery) is to do the top, flares, rock rails, and fenders.
Sponsored