indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't believe they got that for $19k what a steal. Thing will clean up beautifully.
I don't know, I've a hunch that Bronco had more corrosion than might be noticed on first blush. (And mud/gunk wasn't helping to clearly view some areas.) Why the metal plate patch on the passenger side door striker area. Also the frame had rust through in some areas, which might not bode well for other internal areas (an unfortunate problem with box frames). But 20k for something in that condition is an unfortunate reality of the EB hobby these days. Between the scammers, flippers and gentrification - I don't like what's happened to the EB scene. Another reason I'm rooting for Ford to have a success with the new Bronco, in the way Jeep has done building on lineage with the JL.
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't know, I've a hunch that Bronco had more corrosion than might be noticed on first blush. (And mud/gunk wasn't helping to clearly view some areas.) Why the metal plate patch on the passenger side door striker area. Also the frame had rust through in some areas, which might not bode well for other internal areas (an unfortunate problem with box frames). But 20k for something in that condition is an unfortunate reality of the EB hobby these days. Between the scammers, flippers and gentrification - I don't like what's happened to the EB scene. Another reason I'm rooting for Ford to have a success with the new Bronco, in the way Jeep has done building on lineage with the JL.
Unfortunately nostalgia drives a lot of these car markets in to the stratosphere. You have to go REALLY obscure these days to find something old and cool that's in good condition and doesn't need a lot of work. Good luck finding a classic like an EB in good condition (or even in bad condition) these days without inheriting it, winning-the-lottery level luck, or bags of cash.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted elsewhere that black cars are not normally my thing, but here lately, my mind has been seeing a lot of these renders in black ....so when the leak pics came out, I'm kinda hooked on that....for now LOL ...We've only got a year left to go! Uggh... :(

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I won't own a black vehicle again. It's beautiful when it's clean. Which lasts until I pull out of the driveway
beautiful when its clean ……. best part

dirty the minute you drive it ...………….. worst part

But ………………… I will always own black. every Ford I have is black.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of my favorite stories ever, and it’s about a black truck partially so I’ll just leave this here:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately nostalgia drives a lot of these car markets in to the stratosphere. You have to go REALLY obscure these days to find something old and cool that's in good condition and doesn't need a lot of work. Good luck finding a classic like an EB in good condition (or even in bad condition) these days without inheriting it, winning-the-lottery level luck, or bags of cash.
Jeep hobby is still a lot of fun with reasonably priced older vehicles you can drive as beaters or fix up. I'm considering picking up a CJ5 in the 4k range. That cash would probably buy a pile of rust EB. :(

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Jeep hobby is still a lot of fun with reasonably priced older vehicles you can drive as beaters or fix up. I'm considering picking up a CJ5 in the 4k range. That cash would probably buy a pile of rust EB. :(
That's fair. I still see wranglers going for more than I'd expect, but I did get two ZJs for $400 and $700 and build one good ZJ that has taken us all over the east coast in comfort and does pretty well offroad, all things considered.

TexMex

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Colors similar to Flat Dark Earth and OD Green would be nice, like the Toyotas have but I bet Fighter Jet Gray and Area 51 will look awesome.