List of things I look forward to learning about

Bronco_99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 2 series convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
-explanation on how the hard top and soft top work.
-airbags/safety. Do rear passengers get side curtain?
-how can rear seats be configured?
-how waterproof is the interior?
-how easy is it to remove doors?
Sponsored

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

-explanation on how the hard top and soft top work.
-airbags/safety. Do rear passengers get side curtain?
-how can rear seats be configured?
-how waterproof is the interior?
-how easy is it to remove doors?
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1128852_how-to-remove-the-ford-broncos-doors-roof

This had a good breakdown of how to remove the top and doors.

Door removal

Want onlooking drivers to see your cool board shorts while driving the 2021 Ford Bronco? Take off the doors. Begin by opening the windows of the doors to be removed, then fold the mirrors forward to keep them out of the way. Open each door then open the wire connector door on the jamb to release the wire connector. Place the optional door storage bags on the doors. Remove the lower hinge bolt then the upper hinge bolt with the included M10 hex tool (from the Bronco’s tool kit). Lift each door vertically and remove. The Bronco is now doorless, and the doors of the four-door model can be stowed in the cargo area.

Roof Removal

With the release of the Bronco, buyers now have another convertible SUV to join the Jeep Wrangler. To go topless, begin by removing the driver’s side front panel (it sits on top of the passenger side panel’s rubber gasket) by unlatching the flip latch at the outboard side of the front header. Twist the three remaining latches a quarter turn and lift off the panel.

Next, remove the passenger side front panel by releasing the flip latch at the outboard side of the front header, then turning the remaining latches a quarter turn, and lifting off the panel.

To remove the mid panel, unlatch the flip latch on both sides of the vehicle before giving the three rotating latches a quarter turn each. Lift off the panel.

Finally, remove the rear panel cap by first disconnecting the electrical and washer hose connectors, which are located on the inside the swing gate on the driver’s side. Next, remove the fastener at the top center of the roof using the included TP30 and socket wrench. Last, remove the eight fasteners along the beltline using the TP50 driver and socket wrench and lift off the rear panel. The Bronco is now completely roofless and doorless.
As far as I undersood, airbags are in the seat sides and the rollcage. I presume the same would be true for back seats.

Waterproof seems to depend on what trim - some have rubber floors that you can hose out, others have carpet.

OP
OP
Bronco_99

Bronco_99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 2 series convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome this is helpful. I look forward to seeing some videos of this. Hopefully soft top info will come soon too.

Seeing as the wrangler doesn’t have rear airbag curtains, surprised they haven’t mentioned it if the Bronco indeed does lol. That’s a selling plus for me!

Edit* Appears it does when reading another thread
Ford Bronco List of things I look forward to learning about 1594757726227
Sponsored

Last edited: