Bingham23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just recently crossed over 3k miles which is when the rear window rattle started. It has gotten consistently worse over the last month. 4 door MIC badlands non-Sasquatch.

It seems to be coming from where the lift glass and tailgate meet; I drove around with the lift glass open and tailgate closedā€”no rattle.

I reached out to my local Ford dealer and they said they have no service appointments until early March. Iā€™m really hoping this can get resolved as itā€™s made driving the Bronco around quite annoying. Iā€™m sure that I could reduce some of the noise by rigging up some weather stripping, however, Iā€™d rather have it fixed under a warranty claim. Has anyone else run into this issue?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Us soft top folks have rattles, period.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmmā€¦ this is interesting. Iā€™m currently on a trip out to Death Valley and have started to hear similar rattling from somewhere in the cargo area, I suspected the tailgate itself, but might have to test that by rolling with the rear window upā€¦ kinda cold for that right now though

Rickperry

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bdusa.co
Vehicle(s)
2021 SAS Badlands / 2022 BaseSAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve had success with cleaning the weather seals of the tailgate and rear windows, then applying a generous amount of silicone lubricant (WD-40, careful with what google shows you šŸ˜‚)
with a paper towel. If it keeps squeaking try even more. overtime it will attract dirt/dust and start to squeak again youā€™ll have to clean and reapply.

I recently took off my mid panel and got it was very dusty and dry. When I put it back on I got a lot of squeaking so Iā€™ll have to clean those and give it a pass with the silicone lube.
Good luck!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know you said lifting glass stopped the rattle, which is interesting. But I just fixed this noise over the weekend and gonna do a post on it. For me it was the stupid bracket that mounts to the roll bar. Not an easy fix, but my Bronco is finally quiet, except the other squeaks and rattles lol.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just recently crossed over 3k miles which is when the rear window rattle started. It has gotten consistently worse over the last month. 4 door MIC badlands non-Sasquatch.

It seems to be coming from where the lift glass and tailgate meet; I drove around with the lift glass open and tailgate closedā€”no rattle.

I reached out to my local Ford dealer and they said they have no service appointments until early March. Iā€™m really hoping this can get resolved as itā€™s made driving the Bronco around quite annoying. Iā€™m sure that I could reduce some of the noise by rigging up some weather stripping, however, Iā€™d rather have it fixed under a warranty claim. Has anyone else run into this issue?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? Iā€™d like to look into this concern on my end.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had this issue. I took it to my local Ford dealer yesterday. They applied lubricant to the rubber seal that's between the back window and the tailgate. That silenced it.
Sponsored