First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I get that slow and steady works best out there, and that BB might do better with less throttle.
But would love to know the "slow, technical line", I was supposed to take here?
Unfortunately, that is just where the IFS looks to be most vulnerable. Either from finally 'jumping' past the obsticle and hitting something that forces the wheels to turn thus snapping a tie rod, or cranking the wheel back and forth while spinning the tires -quickly grabing and losing traction- putting excess strain on the CV joints. That's what happened to BB's white rig when he exploded his CV joint. To be fair, that's also how you break solid axles as well, but they can take more abuse before they let go...

Another view of that same obsticle - starts @ 9:30

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there any reason why jeeps guys at least (since they have been open top for a LONG time), don't design a "tree rail" along the upper door surface? I use the trees all the time to keep from rolling
Because rubbing against trees is the opposite of Tread Lightly and should be avoided if possible
🤷‍♂️

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because rubbing against trees is the opposite of Tread Lightly and should be avoided if possible
🤷‍♂️
LOL!!, you know as well as I do they clear cut major portions of Rausch all the time.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I seriously had no other answer.
:ROFLMAO:

Now that I think about it, We do have a solution,
It's a rear sway bar.
:ROFLMAO: :p :D

Sponsored

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was ripped pretty hard from people on this board when I suggested that terrain near me is super slick. Comments like, "oh, I'm sure your wet terrain is so much different than ours".

What I've been trying to say is the "abuse" done to BB's rig, is entry level of what is needed to make the really hard stuff sometimes, unless you want to winch all day long.

I get that slow and steady works best out there, and that BB might do better with less throttle.
But would love to know the "slow, technical line", I was supposed to take here?
A lot of people can be douchebags about what they perceive as their "skill level" I've offroaded quite a bit, both solid and independent front ends. I'd give myself a solid 7/10 skill level. Just because I've not really been into it heavily in the last 10 years, got back into fast fare, now I'm circling back to offroading. I'm not trying to be a dick in my posts or anything. But I've offroading my stuff and GOVs and have learned the hard way how to break shit and not break shit lol. I've done my share of both

Offroading out in the southwest deserts is really a huge mixed bag to be honest. You can have soft sand, few feet later a rocky water crossing. Followed immediately by a rock climb, followed by 4 foot+ deep ruts that would swallow up most normal vehicles, and then rock faces that have a thin layer of powdered sugar dirt that you get zero traction. Do it in the rain or snow and it's a challenge.

It's a forum, take it all with a grain of salt, but hammer down when you're wheel hopping like crazy is not a recipe for success in any vehicle, even solid axle front ends. With big 40s with water in them, that's a ton of weight to just bounce around. Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't break quicker.

That video is cool. But he didn't even have enough traction to wheel hop like the broncbuster did.

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I seriously had no other answer.
:ROFLMAO:

Now that I think about it, We do have a solution,
It's a rear sway bar.
:ROFLMAO: :p :D
Going to straighten out that bar and mount it along the roof?? mini-exo??:p

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A lot of people can be douchebags about what they perceive as their "skill level" I've offroaded quite a bit, both solid and independent front ends. I'd give myself a solid 7/10 skill level. Just because I've not really been into it heavily in the last 10 years, got back into fast fare, now I'm circling back to offroading. I'm not trying to be a dick in my posts or anything. But I've offroading my stuff and GOVs and have learned the hard way how to break shit and not break shit lol. I've done my share of both

Offroading out in the southwest deserts is really a huge mixed bag to be honest. You can have soft sand, few feet later a rocky water crossing. Followed immediately by a rock climb, followed by 4 foot+ deep ruts that would swallow up most normal vehicles, and then rock faces that have a thin layer of powdered sugar dirt that you get zero traction. Do it in the rain or snow and it's a challenge.

It's a forum, take it all with a grain of salt, but hammer down when you're wheel hopping like crazy is not a recipe for success in any vehicle, even solid axle front ends. With big 40s with water in them, that's a ton of weight to just bounce around. Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't break quicker.

That video is cool. But he didn't even have enough traction to wheel hop like the broncbuster did.

Well if you have vids out there of super low traction areas and people getting after it, would love to see them. **crawling** may be the way to go for you, but it's ridiculously boring to watch. :D:D

Hopefully soon I get to see locals near me with at least the stock Sasq getting after it a bit, without breakage. I'm really on the fence of whether I need a 13th vehicle, but a rig I can have some decent fun in without trailering, would be nice. .

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm always up for a day at RC and AOAA.
I'd love to do some Black Trails with SAS Bronco's

But I will have to insist that everyone has their own winch. I can't pull a stuck 4 door fatty out with my lil 2 door TJ
:sneaky:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm always up for a day at RC and AOAA.
I'd love to do some Black Trails with SAS Bronco's

But I will have to insist that everyone has their own winch. I can't pull a stuck 4 door fatty out with my lil 2 door TJ
:sneaky:
HAHA, I can. Only true advantage of being 6200 lbs. I had to drag this out to the emerg exit at Rausch once. Thank got it was leaf (kind of a mini-sled) and everything snow covered (and even then, had to hook two built FSB's together here and there, at tougher spots).

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02281.jpg

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OUCH!!!