Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several things you can make yourself to make the tie rods stronger.
1. Get a piece of heavy wall pipe, cut it length wise and place over the tie rod. Take three or four hose clamps to hold it together. Hose clamps are a lot stronger than you think
2. See if a piece of square tubing that will fit over the tie rod. If so cut it length wise. Weld some tabs on each half, then drill holes through the taps. Place bolts through the tabs and bolt the halves together
3. If you don't have tools and/or no skills get a piece of angle iron and some Gorilla brand duct tape and use that.
Sponsored

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another good one. There were a couple of times I had to look away but in the end Kevin navigated the stock Bronco through the minefield.
Waiting for episode #3!

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another great video, thanks @LiteBrite! I've been doing something similar but at the other end of the spectrum, seeing how far and hard I can wheel the bone stock Cheapest Bronco You Can Buy (no lockers, no nothing LOL). While I've been impressed with the stripper model, those Badlands/Sasquatch rigs are truly amazing, and I love seeing you guys wring everything you can out of them.

My favorite thing about these videos is that it pretty much debunks the whole "IFS can't rock crawl" argument. Yeah, it doesn't flex quite as well as the straight-axle Jeep, but Ford has done enough with the suspension and drivetrain tuning that it still seems relatively stable and controllable when a tire is lifted, so that you can still work your way through most of the same obstacles as the stock Rubicon. And for the other 90% of the time, it simply outshines the Jeep (I also have a JK Rubicon so I'm not just fan-boy talking).

Keep the content coming!

Oh, I wanted to ask if you guys will be at the United By Bronco event at Sand Hollow in March?

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those Mickey Thompson tires are worthless. Should be in a landfill.
Aren't these the tires he has. Seem to work pretty good here.
Check out 11:07

Also, would love to see the rig that "crawls" through trail @ 3:48
(locals who've gone through "Crawl Daddy" when the stream is running hard know
what I speak of).

Last edited:

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty impressed with the GYs.

chaseshort24

Black Diamond
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 4runner, 1995 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@LiteBrite How much do you feel like the Badlands helped on this trail? For example, could a blackdiamond with sasquatch (35's, lockers) do this trail, or do you feel the swaybar disconnect really made it possible?

Thanks!

Rocket4X4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas, M/Cs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@LiteBrite thanks for the videos. It appeared that you dropped it pretty hard on the sliders a couple of times. How have they held up? Obviously they're not ideal being body mounted, but have they at least done a reasonable job of limiting damage? TIA!

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another great video, thanks @LiteBrite! I've been doing something similar but at the other end of the spectrum, seeing how far and hard I can wheel the bone stock Cheapest Bronco You Can Buy (no lockers, no nothing LOL). While I've been impressed with the stripper model, those Badlands/Sasquatch rigs are truly amazing, and I love seeing you guys wring everything you can out of them.

My favorite thing about these videos is that it pretty much debunks the whole "IFS can't rock crawl" argument. Yeah, it doesn't flex quite as well as the straight-axle Jeep, but Ford has done enough with the suspension and drivetrain tuning that it still seems relatively stable and controllable when a tire is lifted, so that you can still work your way through most of the same obstacles as the stock Rubicon. And for the other 90% of the time, it simply outshines the Jeep (I also have a JK Rubicon so I'm not just fan-boy talking).

Keep the content coming!

Oh, I wanted to ask if you guys will be at the United By Bronco event at Sand Hollow in March?
You put out great vids for the base model! No lockers really makes it difficult as I found that out this past weekend in mine. Wish it at least had a limited slip rear lol.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Loved this video! And really enjoy your content @LiteBrite (Drift Week was SICK!) The Bronco absolutely nailed it, I think the Jeep seemed more "poised" at times but the Bronco didn't seem the tire squeel as much.

Maybe I'll get my Bronco some day and could wheel with you guys or see you in the trail

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You put out great vids for the base model! No lockers really makes it difficult as I found that out this past weekend in mine. Wish it at least had a limited slip rear lol.
Thanks! Yeah the addition of a locker just in the rear will open a whole new level of possibilities for us cheapskates who bought the stripper :)

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks! Yeah the addition of a locker just in the rear will open a whole new level of possibilities for us cheapskates who bought the stripper :)
After a long night of drinking there is absolutely nothing wrong with a cheap stripper.
Sponsored