Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
watched the video a few more times, back and forth, found a closer up shot of this..........

1642117396944.png

What is the purpose of the bolt with washers on it, connected to what????. I am really confused.o_O
Saw that, control arm almost looks damaged.
Sponsored

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You guys keep talking about this driver mod. Do you really not hard core rock crawl in rain, snow, and mud?
I'm in sSouthern California so snow is not always easy to come by and it doesn't rain much. But watching him just stay in it without backing off is what I mean. It took me a good long while to get decent enough to go around a track fast with my last few fast cars. I wasn't super good or anything. But I could stay out of someone's way. Knowing the limit of the machine and how hard to push is part of the skill of being a good driver. I mean, that said, I don't think broncbuster is optimized for slick rocks in its current configuration. But that's just my untrained eye here. So just hammering the skinny pedal doesn't always end well. As my old man would always try and caution me "sometimes discretion is the better part of valor"

Edit to add: my last quick-ish car was a 2004 CTS-V that I built a 650hp L76 stroker for. I did beef up the rear end in it during the build. But I also did not treat the stock diff easy. But I knew to keep it out of wheel hop. Deflection caused by hoping kills independent suspension components. I was very careful when I would get on it, but I also would huck that thing around a track and get near 1 lateral G. My best score with with was STOCK rear end and stock motor was 1.06 lateral G load. So I did get in it.

Last edited:

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

watched the video a few more times, back and forth, found a closer up shot of this..........
What is the purpose of the bolt with washers on it, connected to what????. I am really confused.o_O
By looking at the angle of the lower ball joint and the smashed edge of that nylon locking nut, I’m guessing it’s a home brew steering stop.

Ford Bronco Lite Brite Bronco Crawls Fawlty Towers 1CB90210-2304-477A-A3DD-320F280397B6

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another great video, thanks @LiteBrite! I've been doing something similar but at the other end of the spectrum, seeing how far and hard I can wheel the bone stock Cheapest Bronco You Can Buy (no lockers, no nothing LOL). While I've been impressed with the stripper model, those Badlands/Sasquatch rigs are truly amazing, and I love seeing you guys wring everything you can out of them.

My favorite thing about these videos is that it pretty much debunks the whole "IFS can't rock crawl" argument. Yeah, it doesn't flex quite as well as the straight-axle Jeep, but Ford has done enough with the suspension and drivetrain tuning that it still seems relatively stable and controllable when a tire is lifted, so that you can still work your way through most of the same obstacles as the stock Rubicon. And for the other 90% of the time, it simply outshines the Jeep (I also have a JK Rubicon so I'm not just fan-boy talking).

Keep the content coming!

Oh, I wanted to ask if you guys will be at the United By Bronco event at Sand Hollow in March?
When In March. That’s quite possible

Sponsored

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LiteBrite How much do you feel like the Badlands helped on this trail? For example, could a blackdiamond with sasquatch (35's, lockers) do this trail, or do you feel the swaybar disconnect really made it possible?

Thanks!
Well you can manually disconnect the way bars so the only benefit is convenience

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LiteBrite thanks for the videos. It appeared that you dropped it pretty hard on the sliders a couple of times. How have they held up? Obviously they're not ideal being body mounted, but have they at least done a reasonable job of limiting damage? TIA!
Whole video coming on that. They have held up ok but definitely needs aftermarket ones. We just designed a set abs are testing them. Also body mounted

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure if he has modified the RPG steering kit or not. However it appears that the outer steering ball joint is higher in relation to stock geometry. He probably needs a rack drop with the lift he has. But theres too much leverage on the outer ball joint "bolt" or "taper" as shown. It needs a double shear to be run how he has it

BroncoLover

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Really good content in this one. Great work on the rack and tie rod upgrades too..
Just looks like a great day on the trail....

If the winch doesn't come out at least once, you're not pushing hard enough...

...and cudo's to Brittany as a spotter. She's really quite good...
LITE AND BRITE! WELL DONE! WOW!

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Knowing the limit of the machine and how hard to push is part of the skill of being a good driver. I mean, that said, I don't think broncbuster is optimized for slick rocks in its current configuration. But that's just my untrained eye here. So just hammering the skinny pedal doesn't always end well. As my old man would always try and caution me "sometimes discretion is the better part of valor"
I guess that is where I differ with many on this board. The "abuse" that BB is applying to his bronco so far is VERY mild compared to how you many times have to get around when there is zero traction.

I've been on a rock face, not moving at all (trying to decide what I want to do next), and the entire rig just slides backwards, brakes locked, like you are on ice. I very rarely see that in most of the vids from out west.

But yes, if BB is going to get into and spin a lot. the rig has to be optimized to not porpoise or wheel hop and so far it does not appear that it is.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess that is where I differ with many on this board. The "abuse" that BB is applying to his bronco so far is VERY mild compared to how you many times have to get around when there is zero traction.

I've been on a rock face, not moving at all (trying to decide what I want to do next), and the entire rig just slides backwards, brakes locked, like you are on ice. I very rarely see that in most of the vids from out west.

But yes, if BB is going to get into and spin a lot. the rig has to be optimized to not porpoise or wheel hop and so far it does not appear that it is.
Yea I get what you are saying. The rock stuff we have out here is a bit different. More like rock "gardens" and stuff. It sounds like you're talking more like slick rock perhaps, we have stuff that is somewhat similar but not a direct comparison. I'm about an hour away from Johnson Valley, and that terrain is pretty typical of most of the region I'm in, and trails with large ruts/holes. I've had some situations where the top layer of dirt is slick and I'm sliding backwards down, but if I'm in that, I'll grab reverse and I'll already be in 4 Low so, once the clutch is out, the wheels roll and I'm in control again. Then I'll try and find a better line.

I'm all for him abusing his ride so I can hopefully learn from his experience. My last few 4x4s have been IFS GMs so I guess I'm a little more used to the bit of care required with those kind of components.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My hope is that the '22 or '23 model year will have upgraded tie rods and/or steering rack..
Sponsored