Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just released. Their remarks at the end surprised me. They said it’s the best stock vehicle off-roader on the market. Nice to hear after their initial review of the Badlands.

Sponsored

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just released. Their remarks at the end surprised me. They said it’s the best stock vehicle off-roader on the market. Nice to hear after their initial review of the Badlands.

Such a crazy video! Weird to see him so giddy about a Bronco. Astonished at the performance of the Braptor!!!

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Such a crazy video! Weird to see him so giddy about a Bronco. Astonished at the performance of the Braptor!!!
I agree! I kept expecting them to bash it but they just kept complimenting it. People can say they’re paid but I always like how they push their vehicles hard on the trails.

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh wait, I watched a different one. I'll have to check this one out too.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wait, if you out 37s on a Badlands, wouldn't it likely do the exact same thing?

I still can't wrap my head around the Raptor love, Badlands hate.

But I am glad they are speaking well of the Bronco finally.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why not? Seriously, wheel travel? Steering strength? I just don't get Lite Brite calling the Badlands junk and the Raptor almost perfect.

Sure the Raptor is more capable, but is not "that" much different than a Badlands rock crawling.. And the Badlands being narrower might be to advantage. Heck the Badlands is $60k less than what then paid...

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i think for some reason they ended up with a bad build on the blue one. i've chatted with kevin on messenger about it. they're brutally honest with opinions and that just doesn't sit well with most. i'm enjoying the braptor content just as much as all of their stuff. they're the reason i bought my JLUR (saw the beating it can take stock) which I'm trading in on a Bronco soon. But i'm buying the bronco cause I want to try it, not from any other video persuasion etc.

you don't have to like them, hell you don't have to like me. but i like all offroading videos, especially their no holds barred videos.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I’m a self admitted Lifebrite fan. I can understand the love/hate they have on the Bronco.

They build stupid extreme vehicles for KOH, drifting, etc and I think their Badlands Bronco was just too far from their extreme on delivery. Classic case of high, unmet, expectations

A stock badlands won’t come close to the step child, demon child, or the buggy, not even close. These are purpose built rigs.

his explanation of not wanting to sink the money into the rig made sense.

The bigger motor, better suspension, steering rack, tie rods, hard top is just a Better starting point. The Raptor just seems less cheap feeling out of the gate.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m a self admitted Lifebrite fan. I can understand the love/hate they have on the Bronco.

They build stupid extreme vehicles for KOH, drifting, etc and I think their Badlands Bronco was just too far from their extreme on delivery. Classic case of high, unmet, expectations

A stock badlands won’t come close to the step child, demon child, or the buggy, not even close. These are purpose built rigs.

his explanation of not wanting to sink the money into the rig made sense.

The bigger motor, better suspension, steering rack, tie rods, hard top is just a Better starting point. The Raptor just seems less cheap feeling out of the gate.
Oh I am not ragging on them, I watch all of their videos and I have chatted with Kevin about some issues I have had with parts that I have bought. A well built (From the factory) Hardtop Badlands with leather, isn't a world of difference away from a Raptor in the rocks.

If someone was to get a FPP steering rack and tie rod ends, 37" tires and a small lift, I can only see the Badlands being better than a Raptor in the rocks. Yeah there is more hp, but not that much. Same gearing etc. Maybe the upgraded axles will prove to be needed to avoid breakage....

I have Raptor envy, believe in what Lite Brite is doing, but I am in a bit of shock how it is a night/day thing with how they feel about it.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They need clicks

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why not? Seriously, wheel travel? Steering strength? I just don't get Lite Brite calling the Badlands junk and the Raptor almost perfect.

Sure the Raptor is more capable, but is not "that" much different than a Badlands rock crawling.. And the Badlands being narrower might be to advantage. Heck the Badlands is $60k less than what then paid...
Kevin is speaking from his own experience, but he's not far off. For what they do the Raptor is just way ahead of a stock badlands. I don't think it's realistic to expect to just put 37's on a badlands and expect it to be just as capable on the rocks.

37's and a comparable suspension setup (not just lift, needs comparable travel and correct geometry) + HD tie rods and steering rack will get you close I'm sure on a badlands. You'd still be short the bigger front and rear axle and beefier components that go a long with that.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Very impressive out of the box. The articulation on the rear axle is crazy to watch. Going well beyond what 95% of folks -me included- would subject their stock rigs to.
Sponsored