Sponsored

Livestream to discuss tops at 5:00 Eastern today!

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is my understanding this revision/fix has already been implemented. The inside members of the frame are purported to now have felt tape to guard against scratches.
Correct, my 7/22 build has it

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nick, do you think it's safe to assume the green gas can is going to be the green?
Hey, there is a good question that COULD have been asked!

But all we got was Esteban saying a green was coming (which we already knew) and NOTHING as a follow up.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am keeping my no vin status there are too many pans in the fire plus we are only a month out for MY22. Ford is pushing ahead on their master plan it's not gonna change

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bah I’m not reading through all this. Thanks Nick, glad you got the invite and glad you can share.
I’m a 2 dr diehard, and it appears we are left to die. Hard. No soft top option, no choice. Barely even addressed. Pretty grim outlook, chummy.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vehicles sit outside for months on dealership lots. As I said in the stream, our goal is to get answers. If Ford says they need to wait, they're going to wait. Just part of the gig.
Lot rot is also part of the gig but to me, that is not acceptable. Especially for my new $60k rig that I've had reserved for over a year and SPECIAL ORDERED.

Ford needs to come up with a better solution for us 2,000-3,000 built vehicles sitting out in the Michigan elements. Degradation of paint, plastic dash, seals, etc is a real issue, especially when the vehicle is stored outside in the sun in very hot and humid (and in a few months very cold and humid) temperatures.

I understand and can empathize with the waiting, constraints, and pandemic impacts... but @Ford Motor Company choosing the cheap and lazy solution with our built rigs is bullshit. Just send them to us and let us deal with the recall process when it is available.

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vehicles sit outside for months on dealership lots. As I said in the stream, our goal is to get answers. If Ford says they need to wait, they're going to wait. Just part of the gig.
Lot rot is also part of the gig but to me, that is not acceptable. Especially for my new $60k rig that I've had reserved for over a year and SPECIAL ORDERED.

Ford needs to come up with a better solution for us 2,000-3,000 built vehicles sitting out in the Michigan elements. Degradation of paint, plastic dash, seals, etc is a real issue, especially when the vehicle is stored outside in the sun in very hot and humid (and in a few months very cold and humid) temperatures.

I understand and can empathize with the waiting, constraints, and pandemic impacts... but @Ford Motor Company choosing the cheap and lazy solution with our built rigs is bullshit. Just send them to us and let us deal with the recall process when it is available.

Last edited:

notlimahttocs

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question that some of us have that really hasn't been addressed (I think)

Will Ford allow those with VINs to make changes to thier order (soft top, change to MY22, etc...)?
If you do NOT have a schedule date yet, then it sounds like you might be able to. If you have a VIN AND a schedule date, then I think you are SOL.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you do NOT have a schedule date yet, then it sounds like you might be able to. If you have a VIN AND a schedule date, then I think you are SOL.
LOL yeah Ford basically threw a bag of "hotdogs" at the VINers and told us to eat up

c94z99nhntfcf76suk2cv0ktgsikojdyucwgk297&rid=giphy.gif

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No your point is well taken. But my guess is that even if those questions were asked we got all of the information we were going to get. Obviously, another release of info is set for September when they know if they can produce the re-designed tops efficiently.
They should already know whether or not they can produce tops efficiently, if they have not even completed the redesign and testing, then they are more incompetent than I ever imagined possible.
Sponsored