Sponsored

Livestream to discuss tops at 5:00 Eastern today!

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Once MY 22 production starts, will MAP play catch up with 2-door orders since no more can be built for MY 21 and there will be a large backlog?
Sponsored

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does the “depending on build” language mean regarding upcoming communication?

Will the currently scheduled (and already more than twice delayed) 2dr non FE orders be delayed again?

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If production for MY22 does start in December, does that mean if we have a very early timestamp like Day 1, Hour 1 could we possibly get ours in January?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Nickp As previously asked… PLEASE ask if people with VINs will be able to adjust their order. At this point I’d take a soft top with a prep kit. I’ve had a VIN since May. Don’t want to end up with a last minute MY21 if there are changes coming in MY22 such as the backseat in MGV no longer being carpet, green color, MGV 2nd row cup holders

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

*Colors. Confirm 22’ colors, just tell us now and quit playing games.

*What is price protection. Enough being vague, if we ordered a 21 BD and decide we want a 22’ WT, we get the same MSRP? What about option changes? Packages? Etc. we need DETAILS

*Why can’t current vin holders switch to a soft top?

*Why can’t current built Broncos be given the choice of a soft top?

*What is being done to reassure current built Broncos will be in tip top shape after sitting for months? Extra QC? How much?

*What is being done to compensate those stuck in built purgatory as an apology?

*What is being done about 2 door order holders and WT holders getting the shaft? Tough luck is NOT a good response.
I will add to that PRICE PROTECTION question: So we are protected on MSRP from the factory....they won't increase it from the factory. BUT, if we have to cancel our 21 order and agreement with our Dealer, resubmit a 22 order....I could see some Dealers who previously agreed to no ADM to then (in a new order/new agreement) add ADM. That would basically be no price protection.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Nickp Thanks for the offer. Just one question. After things settle down will Ford be able to give reservations holders a ballpark date when we might expect our Bronco's to be built.

Reason being many of us will be traveling to pick up our Broncos. i.e. 1100 miles for me. A ballpark figure will maybe help us to make plans for the trip. I know Ford was going to try giving us a time before everything fell apart, and I'm hoping they still can.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you, @Nickp !

My questions if you can please fit these in. Both are related to those of us with "Produced" Broncos that are stuck as "In Production" in the tracker (and likely sitting somewhere in the huge dirt lot):

~ Instead of holding the Broncos hostage and letting them face the Michigan elements for several months without any protection, why can't Ford release them and let us follow the same MIC top recall process that is already planned for the delivered Broncos?
~ Along the same lines, if the above is not an option, can we request for our "Produced" Bronco be switched to a soft top and released for delivery instead of sitting and waiting for months in that lot unprotected?

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
1) If we switch to a soft top now, will the Bronco include the wiring for the hard top later or was that deal just through the people that made the switch a few weeks back?

2) Where can we find more information about dealership allocation? I tried asking dealer with no success....Meaning, if I make the switch to a soft top, who is to say I will get it any sooner based on my dealership allocation.
Allocation matters but at this point timestamp and commodities matter a lot more is the basic gist of what I've gotten.
I will add to that PRICE PROTECTION question: So we are protected on MSRP from the factory....they won't increase it from the factory. BUT, if we have to cancel our 21 order and agreement with our Dealer, resubmit a 22 order....I could see some Dealers who previously agreed to no ADM to then (in a new order/new agreement) add ADM. That would basically be no price protection.
IF we change our MY22 build from MY21 will it tirgger our dealers to try to adjust price on us. I know we have price protection, but if go from a BD down to a BB, or up to a WT will MY21 pricing still be honored regardless?
Price protection will apply as long as your order was placed by March. I'm sure the process will be addressed by Ford as we get closer to that time but I can ask. Dealer markup is between you and the dealer, so I would just make sure to talk to your dealer and get them to confirm they won't.

Sponsored

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One more please. Will the other constraints like 2.7 L, 4WD, and wipers (wink) be worked out before December production starts for 2022? It would suck if the MIC tops gets handled but then there are other issues that still cause problems. Let's get all of these things corrected these next 4 months while we wait!

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For FE owners can we get the dual top. Send FE with soft top and hard top prep and give us option to buy hard top when available at a discounted rate since we are getting charged for hard top now and will be receiving cheaper soft top.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Nickp One thing to ask is what is Ford's level of confidence in having the retooled MICs ready in October? My guess is, based on their history of gaffes, my July 13 build will not be delivered in 2021.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nick, Thanks for the opportunity. A couple of questions.

1. Will the new MIC re-design affect GVWR and Center of Gravity on the Broncos? E.G. Adding more weight to the top.
2. If the answer is yes to the above will that impact the planned 2022 roof rack availability?

3. I have a VIN for a 2 door (currently with an October 4 build week). Will Ford commit to building all of the VIN's they have allocated as 2021 models or is there a possibility that they will need to be re-ordered and built as a 2022 model? (I am expecting that if it gets built it will be more like a late November or early December build)

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm now more interested in getting a Mod top, even if having to wait until 2023. Any updates on the Mod top would be welcome.
Sponsored