Sponsored

Livestream to discuss tops at 5:00 Eastern today!

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So to all the "no VIN" whiners on here, add a soft top and its yours. Us with pushed back VINs are absolutely F CKed. We get to sit back and watch literally everyone else jump the line. I would probably switch to soft top now but ...oh well
That was the biggest disappointment to me. It's a double-edged sword for sure, you know you're basically first in line for a hard top Bronco. But it's still a guarantee that you're still at least 3+ months out from it being in your driveway. A lot of people either can't or won't swap to a soft-top though. So you're in a better spot than them at least!
Maybe I haven't seen it in the video yet, and if it exists (I started way late), I'm not going to see it because so far this video is nothing but smoke up our ass!

If Ford WANTED to make this right, they should've just come out and said: Ford will ship all orders with soft tops. If the customer wishes to get a hard top later down the road, there will be a heavy discount. Think something like the same $695 it is to upgrade currently in B&P. Anything less then that is total bullshit on Ford's part.

The only part I liked about the video so far, was in the beginning when Tim said... It's embarrassing (talking about the stupid B&N timeline) (like we're in grade school and had no clue).

Other then that... a waste of time. But thanks for trying Nick.
Ford isn't interested in creating larger problems down the road. It's just not a realistic solution.

Not sure if you play video games, but that's the equivalent of Cyberpunk 2077ing things. We'll throw something out now with plans to fix it down the line. You gotta get things right out of the gate.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So put your self on my shoes and others
We that are in the purgatory are getting set back till October for them to get the new tops +what ever time it takes to swap them out + delivery
So for someone in California it takes 15 to 20 delivery time
So for most of us we will be paying for a 21 and probably getting it till late November or mid December
Now that is b.s. and ford don't see a problem with that????
I'm sure many of us do

The thing is, they said they expect to START replacing tops in October. That doesn't mean they will or at what rate. The replacement tops will be excess for what they need on the line to build the MY21 MICs they are already committed to building. I doubt it's going to be a quick process, but at least they said it would be first built, first replaced.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really wish the issue of soft tops rubbing on the roll bars would have been brought up since they will be mass producing soft tops while the hard tops get figured out.

Medhass

Black Diamond
First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 F100, Fairlane, 1991 Bronco excursion f250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe I haven't seen it in the video yet, and if it exists (I started way late), I'm not going to see it because so far this video is nothing but smoke up our ass!

If Ford WANTED to make this right, they should've just come out and said: Ford will ship all orders with soft tops. If the customer wishes to get a hard top later down the road, there will be a heavy discount. Think something like the same $695 it is to upgrade currently in B&P. Anything less then that is total bullshit on Ford's part.

The only part I liked about the video so far, was in the beginning when Tim said... It's embarrassing (talking about the stupid B&N timeline) (like we're in grade school and had no clue).

Other then that... a waste of time. But thanks for trying Nick.
Did we see the same video???
What did he try? He was like a school girl shy when her crush talks to her
Nick you shouldn't be representing bronco6G
At the end of the day I hope bronco6G ain't owned by ford

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really hope the green isn't attached to a special edition.
I've been told green is wide availability. Possibly not base(It may even be on the base just not sure) but most if not all other trims!

Babyzak

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro,2022 4 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So to all the "no VIN" whiners on here, add a soft top and its yours. Us with pushed back VINs are absolutely F CKed. We get to sit back and watch literally everyone else jump the line. I would probably switch to soft top now but ...oh well
And if your a 2 door..your screwed...

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did we see the same video???
What did he try? He was like a school girl shy when her crush talks to her
Nick you shouldn't be representing bronco6G
At the end of the day I hope bronco6G ain't owned by ford
What would you have preferred I do? "This is Bronco6G's demands, if we don't get them then we are going to be very angry and go buy a jeep instead?"

As I said in the stream, Ford has decided the path forward. Our goal was to get clarity, answer some questions, and help people plan out what needs to happen. Everyone knows what category they're in at this point, and you know what options you have. Practical answers are what I was looking for. Pragmaticism is a virtue.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So for those of us with a 2 Door VIN that will likely get built in late November or Early December and delivered sometime in January/February, can we officially call them "2021 1/2" model year Broncos? Sort of like those "1964 1/2" Mustangs except backwards?

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford isn't interested in creating larger problems down the road. It's just not a realistic solution.

You gotta get things right out of the gate.
They are basically telling us if you want your Bronco switch to a soft top. So by what I said how does that not fix their problem? It's getting what they want us to get. The only problem for Ford is it'd cost them money to give us an upgraded top later at a discount!

Obviously Ford fucked up getting it right, out of the gate, a month ago huh?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wish the issue of soft tops rubbing on the roll bars would have been brought up since they will be mass producing soft tops while the hard tops get figured out.
It’s a pretty easy fix… just cut yourself a strip of the paint protection film and stick it where the soft top rubs. That film should be installed at the factory in my opinion, but I personally am not going to make a big deal about something that easy to fix myself.

The weird part is they have paint protection film on other parts of the Bronco body to prevent scratching when taking off or putting on the tops. But they didn’t put a strip on that area between the C/D pillar.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are basically telling us if you want your Bronco switch to a soft top. So by what I said how does that not fix their problem? It's getting what they want us to get. The only problem for Ford is it'd cost them money to give us an upgraded top later at a discount!

Obviously Ford fucked up getting it right, out of the gate, a month ago huh?
... I mean that's the answer. If you want it sooner, and you don't have a VIN, that is literally the only practical way. Me telling Ford what a "better" idea is isn't going to change that.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So no email today and zero information learned from this video. Can a human hibernate? I think I should just hibernate through fall and maybe next years spring will yield better news.