Sponsored

Livestream to discuss tops at 5:00 Eastern today!

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was a nice solid maybe on the colors. '22 color pallette - 50 shades of grey.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A lot of people either can't or won't swap to a soft-top though.
Switching to a soft top guarantee's nothing though, as a lot of members here can attest to. It's mighty stinky of them to ask of customers.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That was a nice solid maybe on the colors. '22 color pallette - 50 shades of grey.
Say what you want about Dodge and Jeep, but they might be the only major manufacturers consistently putting out fun, unique, and varied color options across their lineups. So tired of greyscale with a couple business casual dark blue options thrown in the mix always.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Switching to a soft top guarantee's nothing though, as a lot of members here can attest to. It's mighty stinky of them to ask of customers.
It's not a guarantee but it is a way to jump the line ahead of where keeping the MIC top will put you.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Itā€™s a pretty easy fixā€¦ just cut yourself a strip of the paint protection film and stick it where the soft top rubs. That film should be installed at the factory in my opinion, but I personally am not going to make a big deal about something that easy to fix myself.

The weird part is they have paint protection film on other parts of the Bronco body to prevent scratching when taking off or putting on the tops. But they didnā€™t put a strip on that area between the C/D pillar.
Fair enough, but it would have been great to point out this issue to the Ford reps. If this issue keeps popping up we don't want to start seeing a bunch of soft top Broncos sitting at MAP waiting on PPF, essentially repeating the same hard top fiasco.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I like that they said if you have an issued VIN you will be getting a 2021MY. I was really beginning to doubt that. If I didn't have a VIN I would definitely be switching to a soft top right now and then buy the MOD top in 2023.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love how they deleted all of the comments on the video and how in the hell is an arm of Ford marketing (aka Bronco Nation) doing PR on this before Ford even sends a single communication directly to owners? I think Iā€™m even angrier about that than all of the delays.

Theyā€™ll be teaching this at Harvard Business School as ā€œhow not to launch a productā€ 10 years from now.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally I like that they said if you have an issued VIN you will be getting a 2021MY. I was really beginning to doubt that. If I didn't have a VIN I would definitely be switching to a soft top right now and then buy the MOD top in 2023.
Bingo. As Brittany from Light Brite said about Solid axle vs. IFS, everything is give and take. Bronco is the same way, at least we all have a general idea of the future now.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Nickp Can you clarify the ā€œgroupsā€ that were mentioned in the livestream? For example, my Bronco/MIC build date has moved 3 times, what group does that put me in and what do those groups mean?

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does seem like they're working on an estimate/pricing for an aftermarket hard top. I'd pay for one today if it's reasonable.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Nickp Is there any chance another Live Stream could be scheduled in one/two month(s) from now? If "speed bumps" occur along the way, a course correction might be needed. Of course, if the plan is going well, it might be important to hear that. Ford has a lot of balls up in the air now and an update down the road might serve us well.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Fair enough, but it would have been great to point out this issue to the Ford reps. If this issue keeps popping up we don't want to start seeing a bunch of soft top Broncos sitting at MAP waiting on PPF, essentially repeating the same hard top fiasco.
Its gonna happen. During the video they revealed the plan was 80% hard top 20% soft. Which leads me to believe soft top production wonā€™t be able to keep up. They also nixed dual tops because they couldnā€™t build as many soft tops. Theyā€™re creating a commodity constraint where no Broncos will be built.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bingo. As Brittany from Light Brite said about Solid axle vs. IFS, everything is give and take. Bronco is the same way, at least we all have a general idea of the future now.
Nick, Thanks for putting up with all of the grief you are getting on this thread. When I was watching the live stream I was like "where are all of those Woodward and Bernstein hard hitting questions that everyone wants answered" But you have done a good summary as to why the questions needed to be a bit more Andy Rooney like.

One question though, did Ford give you any rules of engagement for the livestream before it started? Like avoid asking the technical questions or avoid questions that could involve answers revealing things that would impact investor relations?
Sponsored