Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, asking for longitudinal orientation instead of lateral to the vehicle center line.

Ie: if you rotate your Engel 35 by 90 degrees, will she fit between the seatback and tailgate?
At that 15" height there's only 15" door to seat on the left (hump side) and maybe 19-20" on the right (did not measure, guesstimating) so no way even close to rotating the cooler 90* unless you fold a seat down.
Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only ones I have seen here were self made from watching youtube videos. He said it took a few attempts to get the length right.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nco-badlands-build-journal.33835/post-1126461

1642533613922.png
Ordered a pair of these Bartact handles. Very stout. And, I’d be more likely to accidentally hang myself with the paracord before I could ever manage to make a pair myself.

https://www.bartact.com/products/ro...de-in-usa-bartact?_pos=3&_sid=31b86e09a&_ss=r

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. Shadow Black has a very light Blue Pearl when the sun hits it just right. AMB was my second choice đź‘Ť
Oh, was that Shadow Black? So hard to tell sometimes. Looks great either way.

I saw a Shadow Black 4-door Wildtrack with the MIC top at night. It looked so great I considered switching (I'm Eruption Green 2-door Badlands).

OP
OP
yippeekiyay

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been driving my 2 door Black Diamond since October 18th. Access to the back seat can definitely be tricky, especially if your Bronco is a Sasquatch or lifted. I removed the factory rock rails and installed the Ford step bars which make it much easier, with an additional lower surface to stand on when climbing inside. I also installed the Bartact grab handles for all 4 seats. They bolt right on in minutes and make climbing into the Bronco easier for both driver and passengers.

See link below,

https://www.bartact.com/products/gr...o-2021-2022-front-or-rear-made-in-usa-bartact

10D3E59C-4588-450A-AD98-5CF7403E4B1F.jpeg

Gorgeous rig! Did you get the ceramic coating to keep it so shiny?

Handles look perfect, thank you for the link, any sense of what will happen if the air bags ever deploy? ie does that air curtain shoot down then out then up, or does it pierce the plastic along some internal score line right where that handle is, or is it above around the roof/door interface???

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
At that 15" height there's only 15" door to seat on the left (hump side) and maybe 19-20" on the right (did not measure, guesstimating) so no way even close to rotating the cooler 90* unless you fold a seat down.
Dang, thanks for your solid assist!

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2.7L & Sasquatch - *plenty* quick and torquey, but I REALLY want the Sport mode to help shift points and lag off the line (not offered on Badlands). Hoping/waiting for a Forscan remap of the Eco mode (which I can accomplish by just not using the go pedal : ) I've engaged traction control punching it on dry pavement while turning and can be up to freeway speed in nothing flat, so I'm not complaining and can live with as-is, just annoyed since I know it's just some different settings.
Recommend either Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster for your use case; no need to remap.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Serious question: Cooler possibilities in cargo area

Could you put this cooler longitudinally behind the passenger rear seat or would there be interference and you would have to have the rear seat folded down?

The cargo depth measurements i've seen are all at the floor and not 15 7/8" above the floor.... Will 26 1/2" fit in the cargo area with the seat up? In only 1 of the recline positions or possibly fit in either back-rest position?

1642527244476.png

Still don't have a VIN, so i'm a ways away, but I absolutely want to have the cooler sorted out before she arrives so I can head out for the first weekend of camping without having to take the beastly-large Yeti 160.
I'm sure it's not entirely helpful here as this is about two door broncos and I have a four door, but I have that exact RTIC cooler, and when stowed on top of the cargo area security drawer longways with it up right up against the back row, my swing gate closes cleanly but there is close to zero space between the cooler and swing gate. I'll snap a pic if I can. I've gone camping now twice with just my daughter, both times attempting to pack the car as if I'd have four people with me and both times I failed and had to use the passenger seat and drivers side rear seat full of gear. I'm continuing to minimize, but its pretty cramped and its made the case for me procuring a hard top long term so I'd have a roof rack.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Make sure to let everyone know how that goes assuming you do follow through. There was a poster that did a self install and it looked like there were a bunch of issues with the design, or at least the set he received.

See here.
I'm on that thread, was following broncorik with his adventures in getting one installed. Sounds like he had a good talk with owner of Goose Gear and they are aware of the issues and he was told they have been addressed and will ship out with all new orders. He seemed pretty confident after his talk which gave me the confidence to pull the trigger. I'm going to have the dealer install it, it's about a $250 install and I figure if there are any issues the dealer is probably better equipped to deal with Goose Gear.

Looking at a mid-March arrival for the kit but I'll keep the forum updated on how well it goes.

Sponsored
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21- Bronco 2 door, 19- Armada SL, 14- Cobia 201cc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. No ceramic coating I use a couple of products by P & S Detail products Bead Maker and Dream Maker. They work great. As far as the handles are concerned I saw pictures of a wrecked Bronco with all of the airbags deployed. I believe these would not interfere with their performance. I could be wrong however Bartact is a large manufacturer and I would hope they have given consideration to your valid concern.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm on that thread, was following broncorik with his adventures in getting one installed. Sounds like he had a good talk with owner of Goose Gear and they are aware of the issues and he was told they have been addressed and will ship out with all new orders. He seemed pretty confident after his talk which gave me the confidence to pull the trigger. I'm going to have the dealer install it, it's about a $250 install and I figure if there are any issues the dealer is probably better equipped to deal with Goose Gear.

Looking at a mid-March arrival for the kit but I'll keep the forum updated on how well it goes.
Oh? That's great news! I hadn't seen that he spoke to GG and they've improved the kit.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Serious question: Cooler possibilities in cargo area

Could you put this cooler longitudinally behind the passenger rear seat or would there be interference and you would have to have the rear seat folded down?

The cargo depth measurements i've seen are all at the floor and not 15 7/8" above the floor.... Will 26 1/2" fit in the cargo area with the seat up? In only 1 of the recline positions or possibly fit in either back-rest position?

1642527244476.png

Still don't have a VIN, so i'm a ways away, but I absolutely want to have the cooler sorted out before she arrives so I can head out for the first weekend of camping without having to take the beastly-large Yeti 160.
Not the same but here’s an old post of mine. May give you some perspective
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/some-perspective-photos-on-2-door-cargo-area….18855/

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm sure it's not entirely helpful here as this is about two door broncos and I have a four door, but I have that exact RTIC cooler, and when stowed on top of the cargo area security drawer longways with it up right up against the back row, my swing gate closes cleanly but there is close to zero space between the cooler and swing gate. I'll snap a pic if I can. I've gone camping now twice with just my daughter, both times attempting to pack the car as if I'd have four people with me and both times I failed and had to use the passenger seat and drivers side rear seat full of gear. I'm continuing to minimize, but its pretty cramped and its made the case for me procuring a hard top long term so I'd have a roof rack.
Thanks for the input/feedback!

We've packed for 4 adults doing a week of backpacking which the 2-door would do just fine with that gear (mostly because it has to be a single pack per person). But since camping with a vehicle nearby is essentially Glamping, i'm trying to sort out how to have some fresh meats for 5-7 days to do BBQ every night. while also Tetris-packing for 4 adults and some kit.

Have been looking at the Yeti 24 and 35 as well since the Rtic 45 is out. I already have commercial sized coolers for salmon fishing in Alaska. Carrying one of those would be brutal in the Bronco.

Appreciate both your feedback and @yippeekiyay contribution as well!

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

have a link where I can find some? I'm looking at the airbag locations and not sure how to attach anything without either a) risk drilling somewhere bad, or b) getting int he way of a deployment...?
Look at bartact
Sponsored