Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the input/feedback!

We've packed for 4 adults doing a week of backpacking which the 2-door would do just fine with that gear (mostly because it has to be a single pack per person). But since camping with a vehicle nearby is essentially Glamping, i'm trying to sort out how to have some fresh meats for 5-7 days to do BBQ every night. while also Tetris-packing for 4 adults and some kit.

Have been looking at the Yeti 24 and 35 as well since the Rtic 45 is out. I already have commercial sized coolers for salmon fishing in Alaska. Carrying one of those would be brutal in the Bronco.

Appreciate both your feedback and @yippeekiyay contribution as well!
@Rick Astley

Ask, and you shall receive. This is my 52qt. Rtic Ultralight. Had to go grab it to find out myself. Fits just fine and door closes. It can be full right or centered in back, just not full left due to the tailgate bulge.
Ford Bronco Living with 2-doors 1642545669618
Ford Bronco Living with 2-doors 1642548029705
Ford Bronco Living with 2-doors 1642545886260

1642545723027.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm actually going to delete the rear seats with the Goose Gear Stealth Sleep Package.
Interesting. Couple questions for you . .

On the 2 door - if you delete the rear seats and install the Goose Gear Stealth Sleep package - does a 6ā€™0 person fit in the back with the back door closed? Or are your feet hanging out the back? What is the length of that area?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm coming from a 1998 Land Cruiser built for overlanding, so pretty good sized rig, very mechanical, and 24 years old. I bought the 2 door Badsquatch 2.7 because my kids are in/about to be in college and wanted something more fun for me, so totally expected to have less space. I thought I'd share thoughts and a couple pics to help anyone on the fence about whether 2 or 4 doors is for them.

Some basic recovery gear for a quick blast up Coyote Butte (pronounced bYOUt, a volcanic cinder cone, I live in Central Oregon)

Ford Bronco Living with 2-doors 1642545723027

I knew it would be less storage, but had hoped the maxtrax would at least lay flat... nope! That's fine, will figure out a rack strategy for them and other stuff.

The back seats - very comfy for adults, very happy there. Getting into the back, not so much. Seat doesn't come very far forward so it is awkward to do. Oh, and at least on mine the front seats are tough to slide forward so it is a bit of shoving match to get them forward - going to grease the rails and see if it helps.
Ford Bronco Living with 2-doors 1642545723027

What makes it worse to get in are the lack of good grab handles up top. I get why that's tough with the Air Cushion but hoping an aftermarket solution comes out.

Turning radius - damn good! Best in the household fleet except maybe the daughter's Element.

2.7L & Sasquatch - *plenty* quick and torquey, but I REALLY want the Sport mode to help shift points and lag off the line (not offered on Badlands). Hoping/waiting for a Forscan remap of the Eco mode (which I can accomplish by just not using the go pedal : ) I've engaged traction control punching it on dry pavement while turning and can be up to freeway speed in nothing flat, so I'm not complaining and can live with as-is, just annoyed since I know it's just some different settings.

Any other pics/questions I can answer just holler!
Just installed these paracord grabhandles they make them in dozer yellow which matches the badlands orange interior pretty good

EB632F5B-04A5-45C2-971F-C9BA356475C1.jpeg

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've packed for 4 adults doing a week of backpacking which the 2-door would do just fine with that gear (mostly because it has to be a single pack per person). But since camping with a vehicle nearby is essentially Glamping, i'm trying to sort out how to have some fresh meats for 5-7 days to do BBQ every night. while also Tetris-packing for 4 adults and some kit.

Have been looking at the Yeti 24 and 35 as well since the Rtic 45 is out. I already have commercial sized coolers for salmon fishing in Alaska. Carrying one of those would be brutal in the Bronco.

@Rick Astley not sure if this helps you but measured from the back seat to inside of tailgate at hight is just under 18"

Ford Bronco Living with 2-doors IMG_0619

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, asking for longitudinal orientation instead of lateral to the vehicle center line.

Ie: if you rotate your Engel 35 by 90 degrees, will she fit between the seatback and tailgate?
Rick, are you asking about a 2dr or 4dr? There's no way a 26 1/2" cooler would fit long ways behind the rear seats of a 2dr. Not even close.
I think that is why everybody is posting up pics of the wrong orientation.
Now, on a 4dr , I'd have no idea.

As shown in the pics I posted and linked to earlier, using an 16 x 16 x 28 1/2 cooler there is 18" of space from the seat back to the tail gate as measured 16" up from the cargo floor. Regardless of how the cooler is orientated or identifies itself, the measurements still stand.
The cooler you posted up is 26 1/2" long, so NO, it won't fit long ways.
Looks like you could install it as shown, flip it on to it's front or back, or probably even stand it up on end.
But it won't fit with the handles facing fore and aft.
;)

Through a series of vicious PM's ... fellow member @Rick Astley guilt shamed me into taking these pics.
Cooler is approx 16 x 16 x 28 1/2

Here ya go Rick, now I'm off to see my counselor .... thanks pal.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XFuXZCbsSzzs5QQk9

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting. Couple questions for you . .

On the 2 door - if you delete the rear seats and install the Goose Gear Stealth Sleep package - does a 6ā€™0 person fit in the back with the back door closed? Or are your feet hanging out the back? What is the length of that area?
I've never measured but I think someone said a 6' person could sleep on an angle, probably a tight fit on the 2dr. I don't plan on sleeping back there, just want the extra room and flat floor.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

right on! I have been doing desert/car camping so I had been bringing a pretty swanky 10x14 kodiak canvas tent. Between the cooler and the tent almost 70% of the rear cargo is eaten up. I may look at a hitch mounted carrier that I would then detach at camp, but I think I'd prefer some kind of roof rack.

OP
OP
yippeekiyay

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never measured but I think someone said a 6' person could sleep on an angle, probably a tight fit on the 2dr. I don't plan on sleeping back there, just want the extra room and flat floor.
Had to take a pic to convey how not level that back is, and just how cramped anyone would be trying to sleep back there with seats folded down. Tough to see in the photo but roughly 48" straight and 60" diagonal, at best, to where the door would close.
Ford Bronco Living with 2-doors PXL_20220119_032951678

If a 6' person wants to sleep in a 2 door I'm going to suggest yoga, or removing the 2nd row seat and front passenger seat, then building a platform to even it all out, before adding your mattress. Or a RTT (which is my plan once we switch from the LC)

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have any 2-door owners tried removing the rear seats and the rear seat brackets? I used to do that in my old CJ to get a flat floor with no obstructions. Granted it only required removing 4 bolts for the brackets. I wonder how difficult it is to remove the Bronco rear seat brackets, and if the floor would then be completely flat.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have any 2-door owners tried removing the rear seats and the rear seat brackets? I used to do that in my old CJ to get a flat floor with no obstructions. Granted it only required removing 4 bolts for the brackets. I wonder how difficult it is to remove the Bronco rear seat brackets, and if the floor would then be completely flat.
It is not flat which is why you need to either build a platform or get something like the Goose Gear package.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had to take a pic to convey how not level that back is, and just how cramped anyone would be trying to sleep back there with seats folded down. Tough to see in the photo but roughly 48" straight and 60" diagonal, at best, to where the door would close.
Ford Bronco Living with 2-doors PXL_20220119_032951678

If a 6' person wants to sleep in a 2 door I'm going to suggest yoga, or removing the 2nd row seat and front passenger seat, then building a platform to even it all out, before adding your mattress. Or a RTT (which is my plan once we switch from the LC)
I do sleep in the semi-fetal position. :)

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for taking the time and posting these pics/measurements.

Looks like Iā€™m not throwing out my tent any time soon.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update and pics from our 4 person trek from NY to VT today in our 2dr OBX - just under 5 hours with a few short stops.

My sons are older - 20 & 23 and large. There was ~475 lbs worth of human in the back seats and they didnā€™t complain once. They said it wasnā€™t the most comfortable ride theyā€™ve had but wasnā€™t bad.

MPGs - I was worried that the way I had it loaded up weā€™d have really bad gas mileage. I went in eco mode and was around 70-75 most of the way and we were at 18mpg until we hit Vermont. We ended at 15.9mpg by the time we got to the mountain.

Noise - with the roof box and skis on top it was pretty loud in there. When the boys had their ear buds out it was a struggle for them to hear us from up front and I had to repeat myself many times to my wife who was right next to me.

Comfort - I was pretty comfortable in the drivers seat for almost 5 hours. My wife has trouble getting in but thinks itā€™s great once sheā€™s seated.

Trailer hitch platform and storage bin - I borrowed the platform/bin from my brother in law and bought an extender with a sway control attachment (that I can use with this and my Thule bike rack). The extender allowed for reasonable access to the back for packing but I could not open the back glass. I would not have been able to do the trip without it. All the ski equipment besides skis was in the bin.

Overall - everyone was happy we took the Bronco instead of my wifeā€™s 4 door Audi SUV.
Ford Bronco Living with 2-doors FD447F6C-0522-495F-B804-30A62BCF50AC
Ford Bronco Living with 2-doors 1AD2D258-E30C-47A3-A844-2A12F1241568
Ford Bronco Living with 2-doors 916AB90E-3BAF-4A97-BCDA-69DC70A14B8D
Sponsored