Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the tires I’m considering are offered in both load range E and load range C for the sizes I’m interested in.

It seems like the lighter tire is the better choice since I’ll never be towing but I’m confused about what the Bronco actually needs.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

C is all it needs, but I’ll have E on mine. I like a thicker sidewall off-road.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

E tends to ride more harshly, all things being equal. Typically has a harder tire compound and almost always has stiffer sidewalls. This can making “airing down” less effective in terms of widened footprint and increased off road traction. As mentioned above E rating tends to be more durable, especially if you use them in rocks or other terrain hard on tires. Again this is all things being equal in terms of similar size and tread pattern. I have always been biased for the lower load rating that covers my expected use.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

E tends to ride more harshly, all things being equal. Typically has a harder tire compound and almost always has stiffer sidewalls. This can making “airing down” less effective in terms of widened footprint and increased off road traction. As mentioned above E rating tends to be more durable, especially if you use them in rocks or other terrain hard on tires. Again this is all things being equal in terms of similar size and tread pattern. I have always been biased for the lower load rating that covers my expected use.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
this is true, But for me load range E it's best. My expérience with load range C is bad with K02 and lot of gravel road and pothole after 2 years of use and 20k the sidewall come to be soft and cause flat . I change for load range E and evrything stay perfect no soft sidewall = no more flat. with F150 FX4 for me no more buying load range C. I RUN 50 PSI
TRACKTOY
Sponsored