Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey!

I installed the LOBO Off-road front aluminum skid plate. Its called the HNT for High-N-Tight and that's defiantly true. In the comparison pictures below you can see the difference when next to the factory steel front skid. This skid completely replaces the intercooler mounts to allow the skid to be mounted higher and narrower than the bulky factory mounts can allow. From what I can find it's one of the only skids that actually does this and makes be question if this is possibly one of the highest clearance front skids on the market? The Install was relatively straight forward. Take the old skid off, replace the brackets and put the new skid on. Overall I'm happy with the fit and finish, I think it gives more of a desert racing "Baja" type look to the front end. LOBO also bakes it in textured black if you don't like the raw aluminum look and a hidden winch version that could be a solution for people that need a winch. Check out some of the Install and Comparison pictures.

Ford Bronco LOBO Off-Road HNT Aluminum Front Skid Plate vs. Factory Front Skid 1515
Ford Bronco LOBO Off-Road HNT Aluminum Front Skid Plate vs. Factory Front Skid 22
Ford Bronco LOBO Off-Road HNT Aluminum Front Skid Plate vs. Factory Front Skid 1212
Ford Bronco LOBO Off-Road HNT Aluminum Front Skid Plate vs. Factory Front Skid 99
Ford Bronco LOBO Off-Road HNT Aluminum Front Skid Plate vs. Factory Front Skid 88
Ford Bronco LOBO Off-Road HNT Aluminum Front Skid Plate vs. Factory Front Skid 1111
Ford Bronco LOBO Off-Road HNT Aluminum Front Skid Plate vs. Factory Front Skid 1010
Sponsored

mikej

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Badlands, JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the side profile pictures! I like how well it works with the mod bumper. What are the other skids you have?

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like it đź’Ş The only thing is it exposes the lower a-arm brackets more than the stock bash plate.
And you’ll bash the F out of them too. Every single f150 bumper goes for this look too and they’re surprised when the lca is off

Sponsored

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just installed the Foutz Motorsports Skid plates this weekend. The rear plate on the Foutz appears to have stiffened the frame up a good bit. Beefy thick and also built by guys with a proven race heritage, down here in Arizona.

I didn't do the bash plate, but it will get the hideaway tucked up winch in the near future.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Screenshot_20230311_171448_Chrome.jpg

I think I'm gonna go with this setup on mine.
That's my setup. Just received the front skid today after waiting nearly 4 months for it to be in stock. This skid also replaces the factory bash plate/intercooler mount with a much beefier set. One downside, it really exposes the hideous crash bar/body mount bracket - remedy JKS tire clearence kit.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey!

I installed the LOBO Off-road front aluminum skid plate.
Looks good on there! Thanks for posting your pics :)

I like it đź’Ş The only thing is it exposes the lower a-arm brackets more than the stock bash plate.
Yes this skid by itself doesn't do anything for the LCA pivots but our product development roadmap includes something to address this: a separate pivot skid kit that integrate with the HNT Skid and the rest of our planned undercarriage skid components. We planned to do them as a separate component because we really like the pre-runner look of the skid as-is. And we intend them to be somewhat sacrificial and replaceable without having to replace the entire skid if they get banged up. We'll post info about the pivot skid kit once we've ironed out the details..

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would love to see some more photos of this with the OEM Mod. Bumper. I would like to see how they fit together.

Gilmerky

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good on there! Thanks for posting your pics :)

Yes this skid by itself doesn't do anything for the LCA pivots but our product development roadmap includes something to address this: a separate pivot skid kit that integrate with the HNT Skid and the rest of our planned undercarriage skid components. We planned to do them as a separate component because we really like the pre-runner look of the skid as-is. And we intend them to be somewhat sacrificial and replaceable without having to replace the entire skid if they get banged up. We'll post info about the pivot skid kit once we've ironed out the details..
Are you guys close to releasing a solution for the LCA bracket coverage. I’m running the HNT skid and it’s been great but my LCA brackets are getting hammered being so exposed.

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you guys close to releasing a solution for the LCA bracket coverage. I’m running the HNT skid and it’s been great but my LCA brackets are getting hammered being so exposed.
Yes, I will be releasing them in the next couple weeks. They are in production now!!

Gilmerky

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I will be releasing them in the next couple weeks. They are in production now!!
Awesome, keep me posted. I’m definitely interested in whatever you come up with!
Sponsored