Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The HNT Hidden Winch Skid is now available for 2.3L-equipped Broncos! We're now working on a version for 2.7L-equipped Broncos. If you're interested in that, please join our Waiting List for it HERE.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco DTS_1571X-2400w

The HNT Skid provides for a high clearance, low-obstruction winch mounting solution for the 6th-Generation Ford Bronco. The winch mount is incorporated into a heavy duty skid plate, which makes for substantial economy of weight, as the structure needed to appropriately brace the winch is shared with equally-brutal skid protection duties. As an added bonus, the weight of both the winch and it’s mounting apparatus are concentrated lower and rearward on the vehicle compared to bumper-mounted winches, contributing substantially to a lower center of gravity.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco DTS_1557X-2400w

The HNT Hidden Winch Skid Plate is designed to accept any planetary gear winch up to 10,000 lbs, that has a remote or relocatable solenoid pack. We designed it around the legendary Warn ZEON 10S winch, which has larger proportions than most other 10,000 lb. winches. The skid is designed to provide a factory-close fit to the Modular steel bumper that is factory equipment on many Broncos. We also designed it to be the perfect companion for our HNT Front Bumper, which extends the HNT Design Ethos into a compact, high-clearance front armor.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco DTS_1562X-2400w

This version of the HNT Hidden Winch Skid Plate is designed specifically to fit Broncos equipped with the 2.3L four cylinder engine. A version designed to fit with the 2.7L V6 is in the works and will be announced soon.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco DTS_0408X-w-scaled

The HNT Hidden Winch Skid Plate is made entirely of 3/16 thick mild steel plate, CNC laser cut, precision brake-formed, and professionally fixture welded for a consistent fit and finish. Premium hardware and detailed installation instructions are included. HNT Hidden Winch Skid comes standard with a durable multi-stage light-textured black powder coat finish.

The HNT Hidden Winch Skid pairs well with either our HNT Front Bumper or the factory steel modular bumper from Ford. Learn more about the HNT Hidden Winch Skid or place your order on our website HERE. Our initial production run is completed and there are still available units after our waiting list claimed theirs, so the first few orders will ship right away. And for those waiting for the 2.7L application, stay tuned!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In the search of the perfect front bumper setup, I am leaning on the ADD Front Bomber bumper and would like to add your Hidden Winch Skid for the 2.7l Bronco. Question, is there any clearance lost by adding this skid? Approach angle loss? Want at least OEM specs or better for ground clearance and approach angles for hard trail use.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other hidden winches on the market require cutting the front frame extensions to make clearance for the winch, does this require any cutting or modifications to the vehicle? What about the ACC and parking sensors, do those need to be relocated?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In the search of the perfect front bumper setup, I am leaning on the ADD Front Bomber bumper and would like to add your Hidden Winch Skid for the 2.7l Bronco. Question, is there any clearance lost by adding this skid? Approach angle loss? Want at least OEM specs or better for ground clearance and approach angles for hard trail use.
I have attached a couple images that show the winch skid to the OEM steel skidplate. In the picture of the rear view, I highlighted the OEM skid plate (blue) to decipher it from the bumper. The winch skid does provide more if not the same ( in some areas) as the OEM steel skidplate.

SW-LOBO-F6-11-2001 SKID TO STOCK SKID REAR VIEW OVERLAY.JPG

SW-LOBO-F6-11-2001 SKID TO STOCK SKID SIDE FRONT.JPG

SW-LOBO-F6-11-2001 SKID TO STOCK SKID SIDE.JPG

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Other hidden winches on the market require cutting the front frame extensions to make clearance for the winch, does this require any cutting or modifications to the vehicle? What about the ACC and parking sensors, do those need to be relocated?
Yes the horns off the front of the crossmember will need to be removed, as they are directly in the location of the winch. If you are using the modular bumper, the winch skid will fit without any modifications to the bumper itself. We closed the gaps between the skid and the bumper, therefore some minor trimming to the plastic shroud that the ACC is mounted in will need to happen, as they plastic hangs down on the backside of the bumper. If you were to Use our HNT bumper, the plastic shroud would be eliminated all together and the ACC would need to be relocated. We are working on our relocation bracket, but there are many on the market already.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes the horns off the front of the crossmember will need to be removed, as they are directly in the location of the winch. If you are using the modular bumper, the winch skid will fit without any modifications to the bumper itself. We closed the gaps between the skid and the bumper, therefore some minor trimming to the plastic shroud that the ACC is mounted in will need to happen, as they plastic hangs down on the backside of the bumper. If you were to Use our HNT bumper, the plastic shroud would be eliminated all together and the ACC would need to be relocated. We are working on our relocation bracket, but there are many on the market already.
are the installation instructions or installation pictures available?
i'm trying to figure out which horns need to be cut off when using the mod bumper.

unfortunately, still waiting for my 2.3L bronco, so i don't have the real thing to check.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
are the installation instructions or installation pictures available?
i'm trying to figure out which horns need to be cut off when using the mod bumper.

unfortunately, still waiting for my 2.3L bronco, so i don't have the real thing to check.
So far I have seen the horns on the front of the crossmember on all broncos, no matter the bumper and skid combo it came with from the factory. We are ironing out the last couple details on the instructions, prior to making public.

BluePonyGT

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in. My wife and I have been going back and forth on winches and front bumpers. She didn't want the factor front bumper to go anywhere. I wanted a winch solution she would tolerate. This seems like the perfect solution.

I'm not super crazy about permanently modifying the vehicle, but for a 10k winch tucked under the front bumper like that I'm willing to concede.

Sponsored

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far I have seen the horns on the front of the crossmember on all broncos, no matter the bumper and skid combo it came with from the factory. We are ironing out the last couple details on the instructions, prior to making public.
ETA on the instructions? Waiting to order pending instructions... unless you've got a Cyber Monday deal maybe?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ETA on the instructions? Waiting to order pending instructions... unless you've got a Cyber Monday deal maybe?
Hope to have the final instructions on the website by the end of the week. All customers that have placed orders should have received a rough draft of the instructions.

Function_7

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any chance this will work with the standard, plastic bumper?
If so, any images of how it might look?
If not, any chance you might be making a version that does work with the plastic bumper?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com