Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good news!!! talked to my contact at the dealer, He said that even if I cut or modify the trans oil lines, the warranty would still be valid, ford would have to provide data that the modifications caused the failure. Obviously if the package kinked the lines etc it would void the warranty, but package provided would not create that situation. I am pursuing 2-3 routes for the end user to choose from.
1) cheapest, but most labor intensive for the install. Utilizing the oem heat exchanger, but will need to modify the transmission oil lines by cutting the crimp collar, cutting or re-clocking line and hose clamping back to fitting, same would go for the water line, cutting the mounts off the intercooler, mounting a bracket to the crossmember to saddle the heat exchanger and remount the water pump and some misc little things.

2 and 3) More expensive but simpler install and less overall junctions. Aftermarket heat exchanger that would allow us to cut the oil lines in the rubber section and go straight onto the heat exchanger and same would go for the water lines. would still need to relocate the water pump. I would like to incorporate the mounts into the heat exchanger to directly mount in its new location. Possibly two heat exchanger options, would create option 2 and 3.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone got pics of this thing mounted with the modular bumper?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang. That looks great. I’ll be upgrading to this one day. It was released only weeks after I ordered the RC which is already starting to rust.

The Badland winch is 12,000. Do you foresee that being an issue?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dang. That looks great. I’ll be upgrading to this one day. It was released only weeks after I ordered the RC which is already starting to rust.

The Badland winch is 12,000. Do you foresee that being an issue?
I have not test fitted that particular winch personally and did not find dimensions of it to compare to the zeon. The skid is based off the zeon, however had a healthy amount of room on the front and sides. Just like the zeon, I would recommend relocating the solenoid pack, if it is to close to the brake line above the lower a arm crossmember.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, it should fit then. I know the Zeon is slightly wider.

I’ve been meaning to relocate the solenoid….the brake line is certainly sitting on it. Albeit with a rubber foam padding.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I’ve been meaning to relocate the solenoid….the brake line is certainly sitting on it. Albeit with a rubber foam padding.
My solenoid relocation option will be released in the next week or so as well

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not test fitted that particular winch personally and did not find dimensions of it to compare to the zeon. The skid is based off the zeon, however had a healthy amount of room on the front and sides. Just like the zeon, I would recommend relocating the solenoid pack, if it is to close to the brake line above the lower a arm crossmember.
They are relatively cheap and very popular. I would recommend picking up the Badland and test fitting it.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took the solenoid box apart, got the solenoid itself and mounted it directly to the winch right above the cable lugs, then made my own cables to wire it all together. Picked up some really nice caps for all the terminal ends to keep it insulated, then added a small plastic box over the solenoid itself to act as a splash guard (that's all the housing is too, none of the connections there are waterproofed on the Apex 12K). That allowed me to mount the winch with plenty of clearance and not have to worry about finding a spot to remote mount the solenoid box somewhere in the engine bay along with a ton of huge cables to route.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Here are a couple pictures that I have. Waiting on a couple things before I can come up with the final cost and eta. I should have them ready to ship by the end of May. The solenoide pack is relocated passenger side above the frame rail on the core support, and the controller plug, passenger side, in the pocket under the headlight on the core support. You can access with a bumper on. The goal was to find a hidden/ protected area to plug in without having to pop the hood. Factory warn zeon winch plug cover fits ( of course warns evo series is different and warn is being stingy with the plug covers.

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
UPDATE: I have talked to a couple different suppliers on a aftermarket heat exchanger, that they are working on. In the mean time, I am working on the ECO kit that utilizes the OEM heat exchanger. Unfortanalty, I have to put the project on hold, as Im going to the Moab bronco safari and can not continue until I have more allotted time for the shop bronco to be down.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let us know when there is more info on the solenoid relocation bracket.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let us know when there is more info on the solenoid relocation bracket.
I pulled mine down to rewire the on off switch to the upfitter #3. No wear on the brake line although i bent the brackets up when i originally installed it.

ON REINSTALL I also cut some fuel line and sleeved it. There should be no vibration wear that allows it to rub, or rub through. Ive done similar on some resto-mods and never had an issue.

i originally was going to move the solenoidpack, but i see no reason in this configuration

i am running a zeon platinum 10000s

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any updates?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any updates?
Have not had enough downtime to tear into the shop bronco lately. I hope to be tearing it down Sunday and completing the R&D of the first article and have at the SoCal Big Bear Bronco Bash next weekend.
Sponsored