First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Subaru Forester, Dodge Ram Van
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got back from a Local Dealer, that just marked up all their Big Bend 4 Doors an additional $15,000.00 Market Adjustment Fee and their 2 Door Base Squatch an Additional $20,000 Market Adjustment Fee. That included their 2 Mannikins…even the one someone had been waiting 5 Months for, with a $5000.00 Deposit on…
They received three 4 Door Big Bends, this morning, and sold one, already, with the $15,000.00 Markup…
Friggin’ Craziness!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Good luck on this conversation😂

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco for now seems in large part a vehicle for keyboard warriors who reserved early and big spenders. My son visited his rich friend, and the father already has two Broncos! Bummer situation for such a nice off-road vehicle. Thought I'd already be exploring mountain trails in one, not watching my rich neighbor and his wife driving to the grocery store, lol. Situation is what it is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rk105rider

rk105rider

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Subaru Forester, Dodge Ram Van
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am guessing it may be good, that all these Dealers follow along, with these crazy Markups, and have all of these Simple Build Broncos collecting Dust and Rust, sitting unsold, on their Lots.
Economics will catch up with them, especially as more Customer Orders get delivered, and Prices should return to normal.
Anyone that pays these ridiculous Markups, is going to be pretty unhappy, in a couple years, when the Value of their Vehicle tanks, because there are plenty of Broncos sitting on Dealer Lots, unsold.
It‘s not like the Bronco is a “Special Vehicle,” like a Gt 500 Shelby Mustang, that appreciates in Value…

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I am guessing it may be good, that all these Dealers follow along, with these crazy Markups, and have all of these Simple Build Broncos collecting Dust and Rust, sitting unsold, on their Lots.
Economics will catch up with them, especially as more Customer Orders get delivered, and Prices should return to normal.
Anyone that pays these ridiculous Markups, is going to be pretty unhappy, in a couple years, when the Value of their Vehicle tanks, because there are plenty of Broncos sitting on Dealer Lots, unsold.
It‘s not like the Bronco is a “Special Vehicle,” like a Gt 500 Shelby Mustang, that appreciates in Value…
I am sure if you are willing to pay a huge mark up the last thing you care about is resale value-- it just doesn't matter. If you a buying a vehicle worrying about resale value really shouldn't really be a big consideration since we all know vehicles are just not investments.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not trying to defend the dealerships, but we are seeing some screwy market conditions right now due to lack of inventory. In this market every new car has ADM. My folks were able to purchase a 2022 Highlander a couple weeks ago, dealer had a $10K ADM (I was able to negotiate back to MSRP while still getting them a ridiculous value for their trade) but only had 4 new cars on their lot for sale (Big store that would usually have 400+ new stock units). Some people might be doing ok with a $5-10K ADM because the used car values are nuts. My folks got $26,500 in trade for their 4 year old Camry that they paid $30,000 for, in an average market that would be a $16,000 trade in value vehicle.

I agree that the extreme ADM’s on Broncos will subside, but until inventory in general normalizes there will be the lower $3-10K ADM on everything on the lot.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You assume prices are elastic and will snap back to prepandemic "normal", making these high prices seem foolish.

I don't know that I agree with your base assumption. Will labor prices go down? cost of production? cost of supply chain? etc. Maybe, some, but not others.

We need to accept that prices have increased, not just on cars, but economy wide. There is no "going back".

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you seen the markup of K95 / N95 masks this week? That is what you should be angry about

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No problem with the ADM on abandoned orders or stock units. For reservation/order holders it's a different story...
Ford Bronco Local Dealer adding $15,000/$20,000 Market Adjustment Fee 1642079293566

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand people who type like this.
Sponsored