Sponsored

Labelle (Florida) Ford is demanding a $32,000 markup to my 2 door base - With Sasquatch - UPDATE - Will Not Negotiate.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1 star review left. Good luck, OP.
Sponsored

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think your missing that this small Ford dealer doesn't know about integrity and customer service. I have four cars now and have negotiated multiple purchases over the last 10 years. I have never been treated poorly before this. Don't blame the victim.
If there isn't a Sales agreement, with the negotiated price, signed by both parties, (not an order form) they haven't technically done anything wrong.

Is the markup absolutely crazy? Yes. Are you a victim? No. It sounds like you ordered a car without finalizing the deal.

OP
OP
JoJo911

JoJo911

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 911 S, 2022 Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
If there isn't a Sales agreement, with the negotiated price, signed by both parties, (not an order form) they haven't technically done anything wrong.

Is the markup absolutely crazy? Yes. Are you a victim? No. It sounds like you ordered a car without finalizing the deal.
Well I guess based on your statement they lied when they said "lets wait to after the new year to finalize the deal with trade in and financing". I do believe Ford should have had better rules in place to make yo sign a deal sheet before placing a customer order.

BroncoInMD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

YES! the dealer ship should have the standard Ford form. Signed by both you and the Dealership manager. When I got price for my Bronco in July of 2020. I got a in writing order form signed by the sales manager and my self. This order form listed model and all options I wanted. it gave total price including tax and lic. This document was signed by both me and company.
Can you post a copy of your order form? Obviously, please block out any identifying information. Thanks

OP
OP
JoJo911

JoJo911

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is the build sheet I agreed to in writing back on January of 2021. Ironically the actual MSRP wend down $495 because Ford decided to give away the Sound Deadening Headline!

Please don't blast the dealer at this point because I am waiting to hear back from corporate. I am being patient.

Attachments

Sponsored

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is the build sheet I agreed to in writing back on January of 2021. Ironically the actual MSRP wend down $495 because Ford decided to give away the Sound Deadening Headline!

Please don't blast the dealer at this point because I am waiting to hear back from corporate. I am being patient.
Their out is that at the bottom is says it is not an invoice.

One of my complaints in general is that there isn't a standardized form that should be required at time of order that holds dealer accountable for the price of the vehicle. Ford should have their own form that they require dealers to provide with every order so there is no confusion.

No one has an issue with ADMs on dealer inventory, but hitting consumers with an ADM on a custom ordered vehicle with no mention of it at time of order is just dishonest and slimy and should not be legally allowed.

OP
OP
JoJo911

JoJo911

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Their out is that at the bottom is says it is not an invoice.

One of my complaints in general is that there isn't a standardized form that should be required at time of order that holds dealer accountable for the price of the vehicle. Ford should have their own form that they require dealers to provide with every order so there is no confusion.

No one has an issue with ADMs on dealer inventory, but hitting consumers with an ADM on a custom ordered vehicle with no mention of it at time of order is just dishonest and slimy and should not be legally allowed.
I agree of course. This is on Ford not thinking it through. They took the deposits to build excitement but did not protect the the customer!

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree of course. This is on Ford not thinking it through. They took the deposits to build excitement but did not protect the the customer!
It is really surprising they don't already have this in place. I suspect they are working on it. This has been a disaster for Ford in terms of brand. Consumers don't care about the inner workings of dealer franchise laws and that cars are sold to dealers and then to the consumer by the dealer. All the average consumer knows is they reserved a Ford and was screwed by a Ford dealer even if that dealer is a privately owned entity.

Ford can easily demand that all car sales include a standardized contract and hold dealers' accountable for open and honest disclosure.

If they want to charge an ADM, it needs to have been disclosed at time of order so the consumer can look for other dealers if Ford is going to require you to "pick a dealer".

I'm really surprised the CFPB or other regulatory agencies have not gotten involved. Given how much it is going on now though, all it takes is to get the attention of a regulatory bureaucrat.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I signed an order sheet with my dealer and paid an additional $400 to confirm the order, and was provided an order confirmation. They did call me and try to add an additional $5,000 but I rejected it and told them I was moving it to another dealership. They quickly told me they didn't want to lose me as I was a valued customer (even though this was my first Ford vehicle purchase ever). suggest you try to move your order to another dealership.
Was this the shady Future Ford, or is there a new offender in the Sacramento area? And when did they hit you with the phone call... right after your order, or a lot later?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm really surprised the CFPB or other regulatory agencies have not gotten involved. Given how much it is going on now though, all it takes is to get the attention of a regulatory bureaucrat.
Dealers have more political pull than Ford itself does. They are major donors in local races. Don't expect the government to ride to the rescue on this one.

Sponsored

JTRescue

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 JDM 77-series Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was this the shady Future Ford, or is there a new offender in the Sacramento area? And when did they hit you with the phone call... right after your order, or a lot later?
It was Folsom Ford and they hit me literally right after I signed the order! To be fair, they immediately backed off once I told them there was no way in hell I was paying one cent more than MSRP.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was Folsom Ford and they hit me literally right after I signed the order! To be fair, they immediately backed off once I told them there was no way in hell I was paying one cent more than MSRP.
OK, if it was right up front (albeit after the order goes in), that's not quite so bad. Folsom Lake is on my radar because they are going buck wild with ADM amounts, but at least they aren't waiting until the Bronco is under production to spring the nasty surprise.

Sleevs

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a little nerve wracking for me. I placed an order at the end of December and the dealer mentioned they finalize financing and such 30 days from delivery. I asked the guy over email directly and he mentioned they don’t add any additional ADM fees. Only a $900 dealer doc.

Time will tell - hoping for the best for you OP.

AZbronco1

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a little nerve wracking for me. I placed an order at the end of December and the dealer mentioned they finalize financing and such 30 days from delivery. I asked the guy over email directly and he mentioned they don’t add any additional ADM fees. Only a $900 dealer doc.

Time will tell - hoping for the best for you OP.
If there’s anything to learn from this thread- Get it in writing! If they won’t put No ADM in writing, cancel the order and find a dealer that will. Don’t trust emails. Get it on the order form by the dealership GM.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Before I ordered I called all of the dealers within 70 miles, (4) and asked about there Bronco pricing strategy. Two said they hadn't decided how they were going to price them, one said they would use adm (not how much) and one said msrp. They were the one I chose to order from. I sat down at the dealership, spec'ed it out and got a price and signed a purchase order with down payment. They admitted that any Bronco's for retail on the lot would have adm but orders would be msrp and they honored that with question when I picked my BD up.
Sponsored