Sponsored

Local test drive starts with dealer saying I should’ve paid $1000 for my order?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a local dealer wonder why another dealership would sell below MSRP...that dealer has seen ONE Bronco order come in so far this year. 99% of dealerships are money grubbing halfwits.
Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I have experienced if you made an online reservation and then go to convert it to an order you will have to do it on Ford.com. It seems that once you place the reservation online you are stuck in their system. Then when you go to convert to an order you are required to place a deposit with your dealer. From what I have saw it can vary from $500 to 1500.
NOW if you just walk in the door and place an order (without a prior reservation) placing a deposit with the dealer isn't required unless the dealer requires it. So because I made a reservation I had to pay a deposit.. Thanks Ford..........

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing as how your employees are a direct reflection on you, and should know more about their role than the owner, no differentiation between the two here.
Yes, that all sounds good... sort of... but the owner would only know IF the customers tell him.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I have experienced if you made an online reservation and then go to convert it to an order you will have to do it on Ford.com. It seems that once you place the reservation online you are stuck in their system. Then when you go to convert to an order you are required to place a deposit with your dealer. From what I have saw it can vary from $500 to 1500.
NOW if you just walk in the door and place an order (without a prior reservation) placing a deposit with the dealer isn't required unless the dealer requires it. So because I made a reservation I had to pay a deposit.. Thanks Ford..........
Nope. I made 2 reservations online and Ford then asked what dealer I would like to order from. I chose 2 different dealers- one asked for $1000, the other asked for zero. One was before the chaos, the second after they realized that Bronco inventory is golden.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If he didn't know the difference in trims or that it had aftermarket lifts, etc, he obviously is an idiot.

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. I made 2 reservations online and Ford then asked what dealer I would like to order from. I chose 2 different dealers- one asked for $1000, the oth
er asked for zero. One was before the chaos, the second after they realized that Bronco inventory is golden.
When I made my original reservation I picked the dealer then. So no choice after that of changing dealers

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to have to find out how much I can put down with my Amex bus card.
Good point, my $500 deposit plus my reservation was on a CC that gives rewards, 5% on retail of this sort.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not a FE but had the same scenario. However, dont have my Bronco yet.
Same, although my FE is in Ford limbo. 10/25 blend, no email updated but an ETA on the pizza tracker of 11/19. Which still shows "in production" 🤷‍♂️

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told the same thing by my dealer and I actually paid the $1,000 when I ordered (March 2021). However, it was credited (deducted) from the final selling price. Which I negotiated prior to ordering.

I took delivery October 24, 2021 with no issues. I’d suggest paying the $1,000 and negotiating your buying price at the same time. Gives you leverage and shows that you’re serious about buying.
That is exactly what I did. I felt like the $1k down told the dealer I was serious—especially since I had found a dealer with an open order that was dropped by the original reserver. I negotiated slightly over MSRP (not the craziness we are now seeing, but I was happy to lock in a price). My 4 DR Badlands soft top was built late October and I am waiting to see it get on a transport for pickup by XMAS. Then I will sell it when my 2 DR from my local dealer reservation comes in sometime in the distant future.

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi A6, 2002 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered my new Badlands Bronco on Monday, no deposit required. My sales guy told me that it I didn't end up purchasing it, they would just sell it off the lot.
Sponsored