Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was wondering if any of you have used or currently use lock n roll hitches (or another one that has rotation). Would it hurt if I just bought it but used it mostly on pavement? Could too much articulation be a bad thing on paved roads? Just would like to hear your experiences using this hitch.
Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've used it for the past couple months. I haven't really thought about your specific questions while driving.

I love it. It feels sturdier while pulling. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be fine to just use it on pavement. There's nothing all that special about it other than different parts can twist if you happen to get in an angle.

One additional advantage is that not anyone can just hook up and pull your trailer away. I never thought of that as a risk but it seems it's fairly common for owners of teardrops.

Also they have a bunch of different styles and sizes so make sure to get the appropriate one.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adding link: https://locknroll.com/

I for one wasn't aware of this. Added the link for others who hadn't heard of these as well.

OP
OP
Trustable

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've used it for the past couple months. I haven't really thought about your specific questions while driving.

I love it. It feels sturdier while pulling. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be fine to just use it on pavement. There's nothing all that special about it other than different parts can twist if you happen to get in an angle.

One additional advantage is that not anyone can just hook up and pull your trailer away. I never thought of that as a risk but it seems it's fairly common for owners of teardrops.

Also they have a bunch of different styles and sizes so make sure to get the appropriate one.
Thanks! It looks like you have to get matching ones for the truck and the trailer, am I correct in thinking that or am I missing something?

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks! It looks like you have to get matching ones for the truck and the trailer, am I correct in thinking that or am I missing something?
I think it depends on the size of your hitch opening and what you're pulling. I just called them and chatted with them about what I was using it for and it's worked fine.
Sponsored