First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it possible to get a base model with the 7 speed and option lockers? It's been posted that there will be no manual transmission with the Sasquatch package and I didn't bring care for most of what the Sasquatch package offers but I would at least want a front locker and rear Posi. Preferably front and rear lockers. Does anyone know if posi/lockers will be available on a 7 speed base model?
Sponsored

bsb78

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don’t think so. You’d have to go Badlands if you wanted that, no Sasquatch.

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the base model, the only way to get the Front and Rear Lockers is with the Sasquatch package.

The Black Diamond is the lowest trim level that comes with a Standard Rear Locker

Badlands is the lowest trim level that is Standard with both a Front and Rear Locker.

If you want a Front and Rear Locking Dif with a manual, based on the info right now, you have to get a Badlands.

Source: https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m interested in knowing about a posi as well. I understand the base is suppose to be featureless so that people move up trims but I mean they’re not putting open differentials on an off-road vehicle? Two completely open axles on a 4wd is about worth the same as a locking axle on a 2wd.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm crossing fingers the base Bronco allows the customer to order optional differential gear ratios. One of the documents (can't find it now) indicated that might be the case.

Optional diff gears would be a nice plus for persons ditching the stock 30" tires for 33"s. It would avoid the hassle and expense of later having to change the diff gears, or living with less than ideal gearing.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it possible to get a base model with the 7 speed and option lockers? It's been posted that there will be no manual transmission with the Sasquatch package and I didn't bring care for most of what the Sasquatch package offers but I would at least want a front locker and rear Posi. Preferably front and rear lockers. Does anyone know if posi/lockers will be available on a 7 speed base model?
The Ford website shows front and rear lockers as “optional” for the Base model.
Not sure if they are referring to the Sasquatch package, but it doesn’t say that.
We won’t know for sure til the build page is up.

OP
OP

Legit_Delirium

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Ford website shows front and rear lockers as an add on for the Base model.
Not sure if they are referring to the Sasquatch package, but it doesn’t say that.
We won’t know anything til the build page is up.
See that's what I saw and I'm hoping you can get lockers as an option because you can't get a manual and the Sasquatch package :/

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

See that's what I saw and I'm hoping you can get lockers as an option because you can't get a manual and the Sasquatch package :/
Yep, you’re seeing everything that everyone else sees. Nobody can answer that question until the build page is up

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I asked a similar question of Ford on their twitter account today, but I went all the way. I asked if ford would offer a 2.7L TT V6, manual transmission, Sasquatch, and minimize the electronic fluff. I'm guessing no. Jeep stopped offering it too. I'm glad I got my Rubicon without any other options when I did.

wolf2600

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m interested in knowing about a posi as well. I understand the base is suppose to be featureless so that people move up trims but I mean they’re not putting open differentials on an off-road vehicle? Two completely open axles on a 4wd is about worth the same as a locking axle on a 2wd.
Not completely open... from what I've read it sounds like there will be electronic traction control (brake activation), which isn't a true LSD, but it's something.

Being a D44 rear, there's plenty of aftermarket options too.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not completely open... from what I've read it sounds like there will be electronic traction control (brake activation), which isn't a true LSD, but it's something.

Being a D44 rear, there's plenty of aftermarket options too.
Every passenger vehicle sold in the U.S. in the past 15 years has brake-based traction control, so that's also nothing special.
Sponsored