First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I assume the glovebox and/or center console will have a lock on it. Does anyone know how this would work without a physical key? All of the Broncos have a wireless key fob, it would be great if the glove box/ center console locked and unlocked with the exterior doors. I am hopeful that we would not have to use the emergency key in the fob or carry an extra key for this purpose. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I assume the glovebox and/or center console will have a lock on it. Does anyone know how this would work without a physical key? All of the Broncos have a wireless key fob, it would be great if the glove box/ center console locked and unlocked with the exterior doors. I am hopeful that we would not have to use the emergency key in the fob or carry an extra key for this purpose. Thoughts?
My money is on emergency key.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They have mentioned in several different videos that both the glove box and the center console lock, but they haven't actually shown how they work, as far as I have seen. My guess is that you'll have to use the emergency key.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They have mentioned in several different videos that both the glove box and the center console lock, but they haven't actually shown how they work, as far as I have seen. My guess is that you'll have to use the emergency key.
If it’s anything like the front license plate deal it’ll be a combination lock.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They both lock with the physical key that is located inside of the keyfob.

You have to have the fob with you anyway, and the key is easily slid out.

Ford Bronco Locking Glove Box Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 09.26.11

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yup, here are the shots of the locks on the center console and the glove box
Ford Bronco Locking Glove Box 1614869266323

Ford Bronco Locking Glove Box 1614869333393

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The locking glovebox and console are plastic. It won't even slow down a thief let alone deter them. Invest in a console vault if you plan to leave any of value in your Bronco.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The locking glovebox and console are plastic. It won't even slow down a thief let alone deter them. Invest in a console vault if you plan to leave any of value in your Bronco.
Agreed, but it tends to keep honest people honest. Read valets... Not useless, but not to be relied on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Allfun

Allfun

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree with this, but the Ford factory supplied Bronco tool kit is stored in the glove box....dont want that walking away!

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the center console locked with the doors then all a thief would have to do it cut your soft top plastic and unlock everything with the button. Lol

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Read vallets
What the hell is a vallet?

Oh, you mean valet.

That's what the key that @ZackDanger is referring to is called anyway. You slide that key out along with the keyring that is attached and keep it in your pocket. You then give the FOB without the valet key to the valet. That way they only have access to the car and nothing else that would have been locked with the valet key, or your house keys, office keys, etc.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What the hell is a vallet?

Oh, you mean valet.

That's what the key that @ZackDanger is referring to is called anyway. You slide that key out along with the keyring that is attached and keep it in your pocket. You then give the FOB without the valet key to the valet. That way they only have access to the car and nothing else that would have been locked with the valet key, or your house keys, office keys, etc.
Oh my, did you find a typo, the chupacabra himself is on his way to award you your new unlocked G.O.A.T. mode! Happy trailing! Don't worry I corrected it so you don't have to have a heart attack.

What are you telling me for anyway, I know about the lock/unlock key, I assume you might mean to others.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Conversation about key fobs are making me nervous about owning a modern car. I have a flat compact key chain with about 13 keys on something the size of these fobs you all have. Im hoping that maybe I can just bury it somewhere in the interior panels and just use a key to open the doors. I only need to lock it when I go on hikes, to the beach, or at stores. So the alarm stuff isnt necessary where I live. Maybe I could just put it in my wifes purse and always take her with me.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
key chain with about 13 keys
What the hell are you needing all of those keys on you all the time?

I carry my Fob and that's it. We don't lock our door from the garage to the house except at night, so I don't need a house key. Even when I worked full time, I used a card key for the office, that I kept in my car, when away from the office. Any other keys (storage units, various padlocks, roof racks etc.) are kept in a box in my dresser for when I need them.

With the Fob it goes in the pocket, if I leave the house and stays there until I get home. No need to take it out ever.
Sponsored