Sponsored

Lodging recommendations for Austin Off-Rodeo?

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I apologize in advance if I have missed this already discussed, but I perused the Off-Rodeo topics and didn't see anything. I will be bringing my 13-yo daughter with me to Austin, and we will be driving (our new Bronco, which should be delivered by then!!!!) from Tennessee. I have looked into AirBnB's, and have found a few that look appealing.

Any suggestions on areas I should look/avoid? Some I found were in the Kingsland area. I am looking at the Horseshoe Bay general area rather than Austin. Is this right?

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Stay in the Kingsland/Marble Falls/Horseshoe Bay area. I would avoid Austin for obvious reasons.

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes to this. Austin is no bueno.
You and the poster above you describe Austin as no Bueno and "for obvious reasons." As someone not familiar with Austin, what are these obvious reasons? I've lived in Memphis, so I know crime. I visit Nashville often, which is tame. I've stayed in Atlanta.

I'll certainly avoid it; you just piqued my interest lol.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You and the poster above you describe Austin as no Bueno and "for obvious reasons." As someone not familiar with Austin, what are these obvious reasons? I've lived in Memphis, so I know crime. I visit Nashville often, which is tame. I've stayed in Atlanta.

Traffic!

Marble Falls has a great small lake town vibe.
Horseshoe Bay is a bit more upscale but still a great vibe and if you like golf they have three courses.
Austin is just the largest airport to the venue, but it should be titled as being in Marble Falls.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TylerTexas

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Traffic!

Marble Falls has a great small lake town vibe.
Horseshoe Bay is a bit more upscale but still a great vibe and if you like golf they have three courses.
Austin is just the largest airport to the venue, but it should be titled as being in Marble Falls.
1.25 hours from Austin. You’re looking in the right area.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Austin is awesome, but the traffic is some of the worst in the country. Event isn’t actually very close to Austin either.

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the input everybody! We will look to stay in Marble Falls, Horseshoe Bay or Kingsland areas. Can't wait to take my Bronco cross-country and be a part of the Off Rodeo!

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fredericksburg is another great option and only 60 miles away. We live there and will drive over to Off Road daily. What dates are you going? We will be there 7/2-3.
We signed up for July 29-30

Sponsored

Bd2008

Big Bend
First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7 dodge Ram Merc cls500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Marble Falls has a couple of big box hotel/motels and great local atmosphere. And is probably 10 minutes from the site. I live in the area and will be driving daily (June 29 / 30). Try not to drive through Austin, but it us a great place to visit!

San Antonio Airport is probably a quicker drive to the site fir those that are flying in.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Be sure to grab a meal and a pie at Blue Bonnet Cafe is you find yourself in Marble Falls.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the input everybody! We will look to stay in Marble Falls, Horseshoe Bay or Kingsland areas. Can't wait to take my Bronco cross-country and be a part of the Off Rodeo!
You know you don't have to wait to get your Bronco to go to the Off-Roadeo right? In registration they ask for your VIN so I think you may need to be production scheduled, but that's it. They have program vehicles they use for the Off-Roadeo so even if you drive your Bronco there you won't drive it for the event.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Austin is a lot of fun (I live just north of Austin,) and the drive from downtown to Horseshoe Bay is actually pretty easy. If you've never been here, it may be worth staying downtown to check it out and enjoy some of the best food in the country. There will also be a lot more hotels, and a lot nicer hotels, in Austin proper than out by the Off Roadeo.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fredericksburg is another great option and only 60 miles away. We live there and will drive over to Off Road daily. What dates are you going? We will be there 7/2-3.
+1 to this. It has a kinda kitschy, yet wonderful and delicious German restaurant, and a hot sauce store, where I think I almost died. The National Museum of the Pacific War is there (odd, I know, but Nimitz lived there).
Sponsored