First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just drove out to Caruso Ford in Long Beach to admire the 4 door Bronco demo they have parked outside - its a lovely beast but I'm sure glad I ordered a 2 door.
The salesman with the keys took off for lunch so we didn't get to start'er up - Can't wait to hear it rumble - My reservation is back in Longmont Colorodo, waiting patiently - Should be a fun roundtrip back to LA.
That's all.
Ford Bronco LONG BEACH HAS DEMO IMG_2533
Ford Bronco LONG BEACH HAS DEMO 64823692476__157C17F1-3D25-4AF0-ABF7-2E80D004CEE1
Ford Bronco LONG BEACH HAS DEMO IMG_2529
Ford Bronco LONG BEACH HAS DEMO IMG_2531
Sponsored

cryptyk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! Can't wait to see one in San Diego!

OP
OP
dinkdonk

dinkdonk

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@dinkdonk - Any idea if they are allowing test drives? Would love to check it out tomorrow
Oh yes. I actually went up there last weekend and test drive it. no questions asked. they were super cool about it. it’s their demo and there to be test driven. no appointment necessary. just show up and take it for a spin. let me know your thoughts after.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yes. I actually went up there last weekend and test drive it. no questions asked. they were super cool about it. it’s their demo and there to be test driven. no appointment necessary. just show up and take it for a spin. let me know your thoughts after.
Thanks for the tip! Going to head there tomorrow am!

Sponsored

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well... how did the test drive treat you?
So, overall I'm super happy! The dealer told me i could only drive it to the end of the block and back, which was disappointing, but much better than the Torrance Ford dealer that I went to afterwards, who wouldn't even let me open the door and sit inside of their ugly badlands mannequin.

Still, to actually be able to drive it, even down the road and back was great. The 2.7 engine had more than enough power and the turning radius was good too.

I would have liked to taken it on the highway to gauge road noise with the soft top... and to really give the radio a proper test... but otherwise, I was happy to find a dealer that would actually let me take it for a spin, which is more than i can say for any of the dealers in the south bay.

Thanks again for the tip!

PS - Here's the mannequin with the optional flares at the Torrance location. The salesman was even reluctant to show me where the car was, much less let me sit in it to check ou the MGV seats.

IMG_5158.JPG

OP
OP
dinkdonk

dinkdonk

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, overall I'm super happy! The dealer told me i could only drive it to the end of the block and back, which was disappointing, but much better than the Torrance Ford dealer that I went to afterwards, who wouldn't even let me open the door and sit inside of their ugly badlands mannequin.

Still, to actually be able to drive it, even down the road and back was great. The 2.7 engine had more than enough power and the turning radius was good too.

I would have liked to taken it on the highway to gauge road noise with the soft top... and to really give the radio a proper test... but otherwise, I was happy to find a dealer that would actually let me take it for a spin, which is more than i can say for any of the dealers in the south bay.

Thanks again for the tip!

PS - Here's the mannequin with the optional flares at the Torrance location. The salesman was even reluctant to show me where the car was, much less let me sit in it to check ou the MGV seats.

Ford Bronco LONG BEACH HAS DEMO IMG_5158.JPG
personally not a fan of the flares
glad you were able to take the demo from Caruso for a spin - i too wanted to hop on the freeway to hear this 'whistle' that everyone has pointed out - the radio seemed fine to me as well - its a fun little 'fun' car at the very end - enjoy!

Byrd-Burb

Black Diamond
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban LT (Camper), 2017 Hyundai Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took a look at this demo last night just before the dealership closed. The 4-Door is nice and roomy inside. The build quality looked nice. The soft top was not impressive; looked like it wasn't stretched over the frame enough to make a tight fit, could just be the model I saw. Either way, they noted this was their demo mannequin and that they had approximately 12 models scheduled for delivery next month. I didn't ask too much, but the sales associate made it sound as though they weren't pre-orders being delivered and were rather sales floor models. I'll have to check back as the month goes on to see what they get off the train.
Sponsored