First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd prefer to have an extra tank with a transfer switch. But... there's no room for one. I think the Rotopax are ridiculously small. Two gallons? To me that's why bother. There are many places in the Western US where gas stations are either too far apart, not open when needed, or no longer open no matter what your off road app says. I've seen many YouTube videos where people have to detour off their planned route for such reasons.

We may get 15-17 mpg on pavement with our Broncos, but that can easily drop to 10 mpg or less when overlanding.

I bought a Trailrax rack with the Pax Rax kit. The Pax Rax will hold 70 pounds on each side. A full NATO can weighs 51.5 pounds. I'll either put two NATO cans on top or mount one on each side on the Pax Rax. One advantage is I can then use a syphon hose when the time comes.
Sponsored

bellboyfab

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22Bronco ‘93 C3500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As Stated previously you would need to make a custom one and put it where the stock muffler is. I believe you can get a decent size tank in that space if you also remove the cargo area cubby in the floor. This is gonna require a custom exhaust from the axle back.