Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coilovers are for the front though. The long travel i was talking about is for the rear. Or are they coilovers front and back?
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Coilovers are for the front though. The long travel i was talking about is for the rear. Or are they coilovers front and back?

4 Coilovers.

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 18 Jeep JKU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just a technicality, but to be accurate the Bronco has coilovers which are the coil and shock in a single unit, and can or not include the bump stop. Technically, a strut is an integral part of the suspension links, where the shock is combined with a link/links to locate the axle.

And yes, coilovers are going to be more expensive than a separate coil and shock. A benefit though is better packaging. Also, with a coilover there is always a bit of preload on the spring so the spring doesn't unseat, where with long shocks and a separate spring the spring can unseat when the axle droops out all the way. Really, while a bit more expensive, the coilover is a better way to do it.
I prefer to refer to coilovers to the ones you can adjust, for reference to what i have in my 14 RAM 1500 crew cab truck
50847428377_3d5876005c_h.jpg
2021-01-17_06-17-50 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

But yes you're right i guess technically i need to refer to the Bronco suspension setup as factory coilovers though secretly i'll call them quick struts , at least in the front as the strut is connected to the LCA :)

Aftermarket adjustable coilvers have more benefits as you have indicated no doubt, way more expensive than conventional shocks with separate springs, little more expensive than race shocks + separate springs, but if you're looking for performance the race coilovers is where is at.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I prefer to refer to coilovers to the ones you can adjust, for reference to what i have in my 14 RAM 1500 crew cab truck
Ford Bronco Long travel rear suspension 50847428377_3d5876005c_h
2021-01-17_06-17-50 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

But yes you're right i guess technically i need to refer to the Bronco suspension setup as factory coilovers though secretly i'll call them quick struts , at least in the front as the strut is connected to the LCA :)

Aftermarket adjustable coilvers have more benefits as you have indicated no doubt, way more expensive than conventional shocks with separate springs, little more expensive than race shocks + separate springs, but if you're looking for performance the race coilovers is where is at.
Every vehicle with IFS has the coilovers attached to the LCA. Like side by sides and Trophy Trucks and Class One buggies and Ultra4 cars and....and...and...

A coilover is a coilover. :)

Sponsored