Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know if there is something out ( would be surprised ) or in development a Long Travel suspension for the rear ? I have an Icon Suspension Long Travel from Metal Tech Icon , on my FJ Cruiser and just Love it. From what i have seen of the rear suspension of the Bronco, it looks similar to the FJ , but i am not a pro or a mechanic at all, so i am not sure about all the details.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Fun-Haver Confirmed they are going to have a full long travel kit. I'm going full long travel on mine.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would love to see this. More important than front LT.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fun-Haver Confirmed they are going to have a full long travel kit. I'm going full long travel on mine.

Camburg is another one who has stated long arm on the way. 😁

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Long travel rear suspension 10648E47-437E-4479-A353-CECF3A1F8468
Ford Bronco Long travel rear suspension 10648E47-437E-4479-A353-CECF3A1F8468

just by looking at the fender flarees I’d assume your gaining around 6” of width.
Right. I’d want to see a rear LT option without the additional width.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right. I’d want to see a rear LT option without the additional width.
I’ve never had any kinda desert runner or long travel rig before. I always wanted to do the total chaos kit on my old 4Runner. But I thought any long arm travel increases width? Again no expert.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never had any kinda desert runner or long travel rig before. I always wanted to do the total chaos kit on my old 4Runner. But I thought any long arm travel increases width? Again no expert.
I think you’re right when it comes to front, IFS LT. Rear, maybe not since it is SA.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Metal-Tech is on here. I am betting they have plenty in the works for the Bronco. I also ran their suspension and sliders on my FJ.

Reactions: JPG

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 18 Jeep JKU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The difference is the FJ rear setup features the spring independently from the shock, whereas the Bronco has a full rear strut assembly. with the FJ you get for example Toytec longer spring which are made by Eaibach if i remember correctly, then you can get for example OME longer shocks, the bumpstop is also a separate item. The Bronco features the shock, spring and bumpstop in one single assembly. It'll prob be more expensive to upgrade this way and you're limited in the springs you can run, i'm sure the aftermarket will design something with longer struts and springs but it won't cheap.

OP
OP
JPG

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The difference is the FJ rear setup features the spring independently from the shock, whereas the Bronco has a full rear strut assembly. with the FJ you get for example Toytec longer spring which are made by Eaibach if i remember correctly, then you can get for example OME longer shocks, the bumpstop is also a separate item. The Bronco features the shock, spring and bumpstop in one single assembly. It'll prob be more expensive to upgrade this way and you're limited in the springs you can run, i'm sure the aftermarket will design something with longer struts and springs but it won't cheap.

Good explanation, thanks

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just a technicality, but to be accurate the Bronco has coilovers which are the coil and shock in a single unit, and can or not include the bump stop. Technically, a strut is an integral part of the suspension links, where the shock is combined with a link/links to locate the axle.

And yes, coilovers are going to be more expensive than a separate coil and shock. A benefit though is better packaging. Also, with a coilover there is always a bit of preload on the spring so the spring doesn't unseat, where with long shocks and a separate spring the spring can unseat when the axle droops out all the way. Really, while a bit more expensive, the coilover is a better way to do it.
Sponsored