Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone watching this on Apple TV+?

It’s a four or five episode show with Ewen McGregor and his friend Charlie taking two Harley Davidson electric bikes from Tip of South America to LA in 100 days. Pretty cool so far. Great videography and scenery is awesome. If you have a 4k tv, it’s great eye candy.

Edit: Three episodes are out now. Seems they’re releasing an episode every Friday going forward
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmmmm, Easy Rider with no gas.

GK6G

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '16 Merc Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We've been waiting to start it. Road Fever is a book along the same lines by Tim Cahill (Outside Magazine, etc.). We've been watching the Expedition Overland Series most recently. All good stuff to light your fire for some vehicle based travel...

So much so that we are headed into the San Juans and Desert Southwest for the next 14 days in our 4x4 Sprinter Van. I'm looking forward to adding the Bronco for adventures where the van can't. go. The Van is only good up to trails that are ~2/10. I think we will access more 3/10 and 4/10 trails with the Bronco. I'm still more of an Overlander than an off-roader, so we'll see what the new capability brings to the equation next year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blitzinger

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
WE've been waiting to start it. Road Fever is a book along the same lines by Tim Cahill (Outside Magazine, etc.). WE've been watching the Expedition Overland Series most recently. All good stuff to light your fire for some vehicle base travel...

So much so that we are headed into the San Juans and Desert Southwest for the next 14 days in our 4x4 Sprinter Van. I'm looking forward to adding the Bronco for adventures where the van can't. go. The Van is only good up to trails that are ~2/10. I think we will access more 3/10 and 4/10 trails with the Bronco. I'm still more of an Overlander than an off-roader, so we'll see what the new capability brings to the equation next year.
That sounds awesome. My wife and I are new to the overland scene. Actually we’re new to the whole outdoors experience so we are patiently waiting for bronco by starting to camp. We’ve been three times since last month with our last camping trip coming up October 9th. All state parks to get our feet wet but we like it so far. We want to do our first big trip in the bronco to Nova Scotia

GK6G

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '16 Merc Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sounds awesome. My wife and I are new to the overland scene. Actually we’re new to the whole outdoors experience so we are patiently waiting for bronco by starting to camp. We’ve been three times since last month with our last camping trip coming up October 9th. All state parks to get our feet wet but we like it so far. We want to do our first big trip in the bronco to Nova Scotia
That's awesome. I would also really recommend the Overland Journal Podcast, and some of the videos from Expedition Overlands YouTube feed. It's easy to get caught up in gear, but WE spent 25-30 years car camping with a soft sided cooler and a Marmot tent from REI. It doesn't take much to get started. And, you can add more gear along the way. The overland Journal guys have some great thoughts on sleep systems, and vehicle stuff, but their angle on travel over gear is great over arching advice.

I didn't realize I was an Overlander until I found out what the term really means... Nice looking pup BTW

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blitzinger

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's awesome. I would also really recommend the Overland Journal Podcast, and some of the videos from Expedition Overlands YouTube feed. It's easy to get caught up in gear, but WE spent 25-30 years car camping with a soft sided cooler and a Marmot tent from REI. It doesn't take much to get started. And, you can add more gear along the way. The overland Journal guys have some great thoughts on sleep systems, and vehicle stuff, but their angle on travel over gear is great over arching advice.

I didn't realize I was an Overlander until I found out what the term really means... Nice looking pup BTW
Thanks, the pup comes with us on the trips.

we have a tent and sleeping bags and pads and cooler and all the small essentials. Rooftop tent and traction pads will be the big things on our to get list with the bronco. We have the large water jug, stove, fuel canisters.
I like watching trail recon and a bunch of other videos to get ideas. I gotta check out expedition overlands

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool. Really enjoyed his previous two motorcycle journeys. This should be good press for Harley, too. I'm a fan of Harley Davidson history as an American company, never cared for their branding or pricey two-wheelers, though.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd love to see this. Love Charlie and Ewan!

My wife still convulses a bit when she hears the intro music from long-way-round from me watching it so much.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll have to watch it. I really enjoyed Long Way Down.

That's the kind of overlanding I'm into.

Jmh745

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 F-150, ‘20 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m watching! Charlie, Ewan and the crew are great! Loved the first two trips.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I rarely watch TV, so probably won't see it, but sounds good. If they are on the livewire, it's an awesome bike. I was really impressed with it. The torque is great and the transmission handled engine braking a lot better than I thought it would. Price is/was ridiculous and was never going to sell, but for the right price I would definitely use one as a commuter biker.

OP
OP
Blitzinger

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I rarely watch TV, so probably won't see it, but sounds good. If they are on the livewire, it's an awesome bike. I was really impressed with it. The torque is great and the transmission handled engine braking a lot better than I thought it would. Price is/was ridiculous and was never going to sell, but for the right price I would definitely use one as a commuter biker.
I don’t watch tv much either. Apple TV+ came free when I upgraded my phone earlier this year. We watched a few shows at first and then stopped.

I got a message on my phone about it coming on and it looked intriguing. Only three episodes out so far but it’s excellent. They are on live wires. And the crew is also doing the electric move and are in the first ever built prototype Rivian Electrict SUV/Trucks.

so far they’re both struggling with electric charging in the cold temps of Argentina/Chile through Patagonia. I imagine it’ll get better when they get to warmer climates but then things like jungle and desert will be more rugged for all of them. I suggest it. Even if you wait for the series to end and then get Apple TV+. It’s $5 a month now but will be bundled with Apple Music later this year for same music price (9.99/mo) if you’re a member.
Sponsored