First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone think a long wheelbase two would make sense since longer wheelbase vehicles are better for desert racing? I am going with the 4 door due to length. If they did a 2 door in the same length I would be all over it!
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Itd be cool for a Bronco pickup. Have it be a 2 door(on 4 door chassis but 2 door size doors) with a rear folding Bench seat and bulkhead. Give it a full hardtop, that can be moved forward when the seat is folded and bulkhead installed. Gets you seating for 4 plus cargo room and dryness/security when you arent working it, and when you are you have seating for 2 and a 5.5ft bed enclosed or open.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone think a long wheelbase two would make sense since longer wheelbase vehicles are better for desert racing? I am going with the 4 door due to length. If they did a 2 door in the same length I would be all over it!
Just copy this (again).
Ford Bronco Long wheelbase 2 Door 1976-International-Scout-Traveler-5-1280x720

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn't mind. I feel the 4 door wheel base in a 2 door would be a lot more similar to the full size last gen broncos which I love.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I think the two door is perfect where it's at. A longer wheel base would be cool, but I am not sure that Ford would sell enough of them for it to be worth it. People will just buy the four doors because of the added convenience. Compared to Jeeps, this already is a long wheel base two door.

Also, Ford put the two door right at the sweet spot of arguably one of the best/most desirable Wranglers ever built. The LJ (TJ Unlimited).

The Bronco is a bit longer overall than the LJ with a bit shorter wheelbase, but it is pretty close and I think this will make it super desirable for Wrangler owners making the switch as well as new owners just entering the off road community.

2021 Bronco specs from Ford Website:
Ford Bronco Long wheelbase 2 Door 2021 Bronco Specs

Jeep Wrangler LJ specs from Offroaders.com:
Ford Bronco Long wheelbase 2 Door LJ Specs

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/jeep/Jeep-Wrangler-TJ-Unlimited.htm

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't mind. I feel the 4 door wheel base in a 2 door would be a lot more similar to the full size last gen broncos which I love.
2 1/2 doors??? I'm all about it to have an FJ like door set up. That'll make a gnarly scrambler or rally Bronco.

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bronco raptor will most definitely offer this. Just look at the bronco R-- 2 doors, and longer wheelbase than 2 door

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The bronco raptor will most definitely offer this. Just look at the bronco R-- 2 doors, and longer wheelbase than 2 door
But the Bronco R wasn’t a 2 door, it didn’t have any doors

Sponsored

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s an idea... a no door bronco, you just have to jump through the window like a bad ass every time! I would totally get that?

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also based on a full size truck, so it has a little bit longer of a wheelbase

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, Ford put the two door right at the sweet spot of arguably one of the best/most desirable Wranglers ever built. The LJ (TJ Unlimited).

The Bronco is a bit longer overall than the LJ with a bit shorter wheelbase, but it is pretty close and I think this will make it super desirable for Wrangler owners making the switch as well as new owners just entering the off road community.
As a current 4-door Jeep owner with 2-door envy, this is no small matter, and definitely one of the factors that has me considering a Bronco for my next vehicle. My Jeep is my DD, but also the family's primary roadtripmobile, which means 2 kids in the back seat and a decent-sized dog who rides behind them. 2-door Wranglers have such a miniscule cargo area that they're not even an option for my personal needs.

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love a long wheelbase 2 door. I think on the Warthog it would allow Ford to use the same chassis for the off road chops while allowing just changes to the rear quarters and hardtop.
Sponsored