First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I waited a long time for the new Bronco. I grew up cutting my teeth on a 73, and a 74 when I was younger. Now days I still own a 76. Love’em! I have a hard time accepting Ford did not give an option to get a V8 of some kind in the new Bronco. Man I would love one with the Coyote under the hood. Now that would be something to listen to...☠
Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mind the sound of an agricultural engine, in fact it sounds ‘tough’ In its own way, but if it sounds as horrible as the Stihl EcoRaptor I’m going to be sorely disappointed.
Hey man, Ford GT sounds pretty damn good with the same motor as the Raptor. I guess it all depends on how they fit the exhaust...maybe headers...I dunno. Nothing sounds like a V8. I'd rather hear how the 2.7L sounds...

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I waited a long time for the new Bronco. I grew up cutting my teeth on a 73, and a 74 when I was younger. Now days I still own a 76. Love’em! I have a hard time accepting Ford did not give an option to get a V8 of some kind in the new Bronco. Man I would love one with the Coyote under the hood. Now that would be something to listen to...☠
The F150 Raptor doesn't even have a V8 option yet, why would they offer it in a Bronco...which is smaller? I dunno, I'm asking as a serious question...not mocking your question. I see their line-up and the engines they use....

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best sound bite you get is from the video where it passes very close to the person. In the last few seconds, you can hear that 2.3. It sounds pretty similar (right before some ATV/UTV revs up loudly in the last 1/2 second of video) to the High-Performance EcoBoost Mustang I've driven.

It's not going to sound like a V8, but it definitely doesn't have the Japanese fart can sound of the small I4 motors. If the Mustang is any indicator, it's fairly quiet in normal driving and really only makes itself known when you mash the throttle.

Last edited:

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish we could have seen video of it going up Test Hill at Silver Lake.

Sponsored
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford already has a V8 option for their F150. Would not have been hard to offer the V8 option for the Bronco.

Guess they can't make everyone completely happy.

With that said I do feel like the 2.7 with the 10 speed transmission is going to be one bad a** set up. The 10 speed trans will always be in the power band and will be a force to be reckoned with. I just hope the new Bronco won't sound like a rice burner as it's boosting up.... ;)

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford already has a V8 option for their F150. Would not have been hard to offer the V8 option for the Bronco.

With that said I do feel like the 2.7 with the 10 speed transmission is going to be one bad a** set up. The 10 speed trans will always be in the power band and will be a force to be reckoned with. I just hope the new Bronco won't sound like a rice burner as it's boosting up.... ;)
no, you only have to widen the frame. no problem at all. /s

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Bronco was based off the F150 chassis, that would be a no-brainer. But even the Raptor is the 3.5 V6. My bet is the "Raptor" Bronco will use that same 3.5 V6. Every smaller engine Ford sells helps them in the CAFE standards.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the Bronco was based off the F150 chassis, that would be a no-brainer. But even the Raptor is the 3.5 V6. My bet is the "Raptor" Bronco will use that same 3.5 V6. Every smaller engine Ford sells helps them in the CAFE standards.
yup, exactly this.

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My thoughts exactly, the first 3 gears are low enough to have some decent power down low by having what in the 6 speed was third gear ratio in the fifth gear in the 10 speed trans. Sound does nothing to me, make it whisper quiet as long as it keeps the power figures.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah yeah it looks great, but man, the sound that it made was AMAZING! :love:
It's amazing! I had my eyes closed and that buzzing I4....wooh! Gave me a half chub instantly!

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's amazing! I had my eyes closed and that buzzing I4....wooh! Gave me a half chub instantly!
really? I don't get the excitement over an I4. I'm not saying a V8 or even that the 4 is bad but to excited over the sound...I don't get it. lol

V6's can sound good (i.e. 2.7L), but I'm not buying the Bronco for it's amazing sounding exhaust. ;)

I've will say that some I4's sound good when revved out but literally sound like something about to blow....

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
really? I don't get the excitement over an I4. I'm not saying a V8 or even that the 4 is bad but to excited over the sound...I don't get it. lol

V6's can sound good (i.e. 2.7L), but I'm not buying the Bronco for it's amazing sounding exhaust. ;)

I've will say that some I4's sound good when revved out but literally sound like something about to blow....
haha! I was being ....VERY....sarcastic. I hate it.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs