Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Long story short, one shop quoted me $387 for the install (kr diode kit), which Im not sure is good or not

Looking for shops and options, just in case someone can do better

thanks in advance
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey I think you left us a voicemail tonight, right? I couldn't find an email you sent us. But you can honestly install it yourself. It's really easy and it's all plug and play with our kits:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

We don't offer installations right now, but if you want till May we'll be doing installs once we move into our larger warehouse.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hardest part is doing a clean job of routing the wires. I didn’t use the diode kit for my bumper lights, I did use the diode ditch lights, they’re all basically the same. Took me maybe a little over an hour for the bumper lights (less for the ditch lights) and I wasn’t in a hurry. I don’t have a lot of experience with electrical stuff and this was a driveway job, not in a proper shop, so a professional should be able to do it in half the time it took me. I’m assuming $387 is just the labor cost. It would be a fantastic deal if it were for parts and labor, but if it’s just labor, that’s a terrible deal for basically one hour of shop time.

If you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself, maybe try an auto stereo place. It’s just a couple connections and routing wires. They’d probably be better than a wrench turning mechanic. The wires tied to the upfitter switches are all color coded. Here’s a little chart that shows you which color goes to each switch. Use the 10amp switches, don’t waste aux 1 or 2 on fog lights.

7F121137-DC8D-4AFC-82FA-83A421B9861E.png

OP
OP
JoeSpeed

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Ill try giving it a shot soon then, probably sunday

got the instructions, not on me atm but still. Just gotta double check to see if I got the tools

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ill try giving it a shot soon then, probably sunday

got the instructions, not on me atm but still. Just gotta double check to see if I got the tools
Maybe check out a YouTube video or two beforehand, you’ll get a better idea of what you’ll need.
Sponsored