Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never got an email when Granger converted my res to an order in 3/21 and never heard anything in October most likely because they had me as an order. Possible the wrong email was input or many are saying the Ford system doesn't work great. Not sure what happened there.

When I placed my other order with the local dealer I had a confirmation that afternoon.
I think that is how it works when in 99 status. I didn't get anything from Ford until I had them un 99 my order and then the next day I had my order confirmed email
Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel bad for kje22kje, but it sure sounds like Granger screwed the pooch here.
If Granger was confused on how to proceed based on his answers to those questions, it was their responsibility to contact him and obtain clarification, OR at the very least, just push it to the back of the pile. Instead, they chose to order a Bronco based on their own specifications, not the customer.

I know a lot of folks on this forum think Granger can do no wrong, but they were living on the bleeding edge all along, knew Ford’s dealer policies regarding volume dealers, and were trying to progress their status using the high demand in Bronco sales.
Now, they screwed up and whether it was intentional or unintentional, they initiated the action that put kje22kje’s order in jeapardy. The damning evidence is that the “order” is Granger’s configuration and not their customer, (kje22kje).

If Granger wants to differentiate themselves as the dealer they have portrayed themselves to be on this forum, then NOW IS THE TIME. Otherwise, they are no different from all the dealers that others have been endlessly complaining about. To respond to kje22kje with, “nothing can be done” is as unacceptable from granger as it would be from any other dirtbag dealer; it’s unacceptable. Especially since Ford conveyed that there is a mechanism for the Dealer to resolve it.

If I had an open order with Granger, I’d keep an eye on them and not just assume that they have my best interest in mind. Right now it sure looks like the inverse.
I am hopeful this all works out for kje22kje one way or the other.

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There doesn't appear to be one. Ford keeps claiming they can move orders, but we have a 25 page thread of people trying to follow their process and failing.
In order to transfer to another dealership, you must have not converted your reservation to an order yet. That is all. It’s not mysterious.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just want to note that price protection does not depend on conversion to an order.

Ford Bronco Looking for advice - Granger screwed me up A0DC5B0E-65E3-4968-85B4-A096ACFC4ED5

Ford FAQ
Well if you meet both criteria then you are sure to be price protected.

Sponsored

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well if you meet both criteria then you are sure to be price protected.
“for all reservation and order holders as of March 19, 2021.”

These are two separate categories of customers - reservations holders on one hand and order holders on the other hand - not a two-step of criterion.

I just don’t understand why so often this forum collectively decides on misinformation that takes money out of the pockets of everyone here. Same thing is pervasive with people saying the 220k points are only if you switched from a mod top otherwise it was a mistake. Totally disproven a million times but people still say it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

“for all reservation and order holders as of March 19, 2021.”

These are two separate categories of customers - reservations holders on one hand and order holders on the other hand - not a two-step of criterion.

I just don’t understand why so often this forum collectively decides on misinformation that takes money out of the pockets of everyone here. Same thing is pervasive with people saying the 220k points are only if you switched from a mod top otherwise it was a mistake. Totally disproven a million times but people still say it.
First of all … double protected was a joke

Second … you say you wonder why we have come to mistrust Ford’s word, and even their printed word 🤔

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In order to transfer to another dealership, you must have not converted your reservation to an order yet. That is all. It’s not mysterious.
The mystery is why Ford keeps issuing statements that say converted orders can be transferred, and keeps telling people over the phone that their converted orders can be transferred.

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I am confused - up to the time a VIN is actually assigned - can we or can't we - change an order configuration? I am waiting a call from the manager as I did a Bronco drive the other week and wanted to change to a manual after driving one,. My sales guy sent me an email said no can do - so waiting on manager to call. FORD site says "Ordering with Dealer" "In-Store Order."

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I am confused - up to the time a VIN is actually assigned - can we or can't we - change an order configuration? I am waiting a call from the manager as I did a Bronco drive the other week and wanted to change to a manual after driving one,. My sales guy sent me an email said no can do - so waiting on manager to call. FORD site says "Ordering with Dealer" "In-Store Order."
Yes you can change as long as you don't have a vin.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel bad for kje22kje, but it sure sounds like Granger screwed the pooch here.
If Granger was confused on how to proceed based on his answers to those questions, it was their responsibility to contact him and obtain clarification, OR at the very least, just push it to the back of the pile. Instead, they chose to order a Bronco based on their own specifications, not the customer.

I know a lot of folks on this forum think Granger can do no wrong, but they were living on the bleeding edge all along, knew Ford’s dealer policies regarding volume dealers, and were trying to progress their status using the high demand in Bronco sales.
Now, they screwed up and whether it was intentional or unintentional, they initiated the action that put kje22kje’s order in jeapardy. The damning evidence is that the “order” is Granger’s configuration and not their customer, (kje22kje).

If Granger wants to differentiate themselves as the dealer they have portrayed themselves to be on this forum, then NOW IS THE TIME. Otherwise, they are no different from all the dealers that others have been endlessly complaining about. To respond to kje22kje with, “nothing can be done” is as unacceptable from granger as it would be from any other dirtbag dealer; it’s unacceptable. Especially since Ford conveyed that there is a mechanism for the Dealer to resolve it.

If I had an open order with Granger, I’d keep an eye on them and not just assume that they have my best interest in mind. Right now it sure looks like the inverse.
I am hopeful this all works out for kje22kje one way or the other.
I am a very cautious person. I’ll trust until person or business gives me a reason not to. That being said- Granger has been upfront with me and have responded in writing to any change order or question that I have had for them. No business is perfect- anyone who has been in business knows that to be a fact. But so far I believe that if Granger made an error with regard to my order that they would do everything possible to make it right. That is the most that any business could do.
Sponsored