BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you thought was clear and obvious, obviously wasn't. They laid out instructions to avoid confusion and you didn't follow them.

Overlooked in all this, is that by Granger converting your reservation it is now price protected through 2023. Update your order to spec and let it ride
Sponsored

OP
OP
kje22kje

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price protection is great and all but frankly I'm not thrilled with how Granger has handled this since I brought it up and am not feeling warm and fuzzy about buying from them at this point. I'd rather scour every option to move the timestamp on the granger flub to the actual order I placed.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt there is anything you can do.

If anyone could move an order or un-order a reservation it would be Ford corporate. They have shown extremely little interest in doing either of those things for you, or for anyone else for that matter.

The reservation timestamp is overrated. Cancel your Granger order and move on.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry. This is a long story but here is a somewhat short summary.

• I have an October/Grangetober save $2k Granger reservation. Have a business in W. Des Moines so going up there to pickup no big deal.
  • Placed a second reservation in Feb 2021 local thinking after getting first one I might want one to just play with.
  • Didn't want to be year 1 so didn't place order when window first opened.
  • Contacted via email March 1, 2021 by Sean Masters with him asking if they can convert my res to an order since Ford requests they convert ALL orders by 3/19/21. I reply back on the question asking "2. Permission to Convert your Order Yes or No." my reply was NOT YET WAITING 22
  • I see many folks are having success with new orders for limited so I visit dealership with my second order. We talk over some things and ultimately find common ground on what I want to do. Given the allocation challenges at Granger, if I were to switch my October reservation form Granger to them I'd be 3rd in line at their dealership. Sold. They tell me to contact Ford customer service to switch the Granger res to them so I can get the earlier time stamp.
  • Ford customer support surprises me and tells me they can't move the reservation because it's actually been converted to an order at Granger. I'm stunned.
  • I log onto the Ford owner site Jan 25 2022 and see that my Granger res is actually in order status since March 18,2021 I did not get anything from Ford or Granger indicating that my res had been converted.
  • I reach out to Zach via Bronco6g and he tells me to contact the dealership/Hunter. Can't ever seem to find anyone who can talk Bronco there at the dealership when I call so I send the email with various pieces of information and letting them know I'm not ok with this order being placed.
  • Ultimately I go back and forth with Hunter for a while. He tells me I gave them permission, I send him my email showing I didn't, he says there isnā€™t anything they can do to switch it back to a reservation and Iā€™d need to get Ford corp to do it.
  • I call Ford corp back and after about an hour on the phone talking with three people they tell me they canā€™t and that the dealership needs to contact their regional/area rep who can help. They also tell me that they just had this happen earlier that day (1/27) so it should be doable.
  • I pass that along to Hunter who tells me they donā€™t have any way of calling their rep but that heā€™d send an email (this seems odd).
  • Hunter gets back to me with the reps answer and basically itā€™s that the best she can do is put me in a 99 status (Hunter said I already was) and that was it. Hunter then tells me ā€œ. Your only options right now are to cancel or keep your order as isā€. Keep in mind I didnā€™t choose whatever they put on order so itā€™s not anywhere close to what I want.
  • I reach out to Zach via 6g and he says said him the emails and heā€™ll check into it Friday 1/28.
  • I do so. Iā€™ve now been back and forth with Zach at least weekly and as of today his final answer is basically that there isnā€™t anything they can do and that heā€™s hit a dead end.

Other users on this forum have been told by Granger that they can transfer an order from Granger to another dealer but apparently nobody Iā€™ve asked at Granger seems to know how to do that either so sorry to those of you that have been told that.

So Iā€™m reaching out to see if anyone here can tell me how to get my Granger converted my res to an order without my permission and didnā€™t tell me time stamp onto my now later reservation was converted to the actual order I wanted at a different dealership?

TL;DR ā€“ Granger converted my reservation to an order after I said not to without me knowing. Now that I can switch to a local dealer to be 3rd on their list Granger is telling me I canā€™t switch it back to a reservation and I canā€™t get their wrong order transferred to another dealer with my actual order to keep my time stampā€¦ā€¦. So I can either cancel or keep their order which isnā€™t anything along the lines of what model/features I wanted. Can anyone help me with how to get this back to a reservation or how to get their order transferred to my local dealer?
Are you scheduled for production yet (doubt it knowing Grangers situation) if you don't have a vin, change the order to the vehicle you want. You can still make changes. If you don't want to do that then cancelling is your only alternative as best as I can tell from the info you have given.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get that you feel like the warm and fuzzies are gone but as someone who got their bronco from granger, it was to put it simply the best car buying experience I have ever had. From the moment I walked in to pick mine up, to finance to the demo hunter gave me it was first class all the way.

In the end you gotta do what you want, and what will make you happy. you can still change your order to exactly what you want

Sponsored

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that you feel like the warm and fuzzies are gone but as someone who got their bronco from granger, it was to put it simply the best car buying experience I have ever had. From the moment I walked in to pick mine up, to finance to the demo hunter gave me it was first class all the way.
What he said ā˜

Easiest vehicle purchase I have ever experienced.
Everyone there was a class-act and they took good care of me from start to finish.
Sean, Zach, and Hunter are all good people. Granger is highly recommended from my perspective.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you're the only one on this forum that Ive seen be irritated with Granger and their responses. I take it you werent wanting the price protection piece for converting your order by the 3/19 deadline? I too was waiting for a MY23 mod top so I had them convert my order and 99 the thing. Being an October reservation there would have been zero chance for you to be a 2021 delivery. Ive had my Oct reservation in 99 order status since March 2021.

And yes like others mentioned, easiest vehicle buying experience Ive ever had (bronco #1 delivered 12/2021). And I work for a large nationwide non-ford dealer group, so I know the BS that some dealers pull, Granger is not one of them.

OP
OP
kje22kje

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn't looking for the price protection. With all the info out there about the allocation situation I valued the flexibility of a possible move a bit more than price protection. I should have been more clear than Not Yet apparently so I'll own that but there has to be a way to move these things around.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not sure how. Below is the email with my responses in bold.

Thanks for reaching out Sean and welcome to the team. I am waiting till 22 please. As to the below

In summary:
1. B&P your Bronco. NOT YET WAITING 22
2. Permission to Convert your Order Yes or No. NOT YET WAITING 22
3. Bronco MY 2021 or 2022. WAITING 22
4. Are you Financing? Yes or No. MOST LIKELY DEPENDING UPON RATES
5. Are you Trading in a Vehicle? Yes or No. POSSIBLY
6. Are you Flying in to take Delivery? Yes or No POSSIBLY
OP you donā€™t know how to answer questions
A simple yes or no was all that was needed

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well about the only other thing I could think of is try reaching out to Mike Levine on Twitter and see if he can get Ford regional reps to try and pull some strings and move it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kje22kje

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP you donā€™t know how to answer questions
A simple yes or no was all that was needed
Thanks Goat. Appreciate the tip. Any idea how I can fix this?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2. Permission to Convert your Order Yes or No." my reply was NOT YET WAITING 22
I read this as NOT YET WANTING 22. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

So, I can kinda see how you ended up with an order. Hope you get a resolution to it all.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there has to be a way to move these things around.
There doesn't appear to be one. Ford keeps claiming they can move orders, but we have a 25 page thread of people trying to follow their process and failing.

They don't even reject transfers anymore. They just string you along until you give up. They might even tell you that the order transfer is all approved, and then they ghost you and nothing happens.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TBH this is how screw ups happen, you were given options to respond (Yes or No), not open ended for each question - if you would have answered No on Question 2 then you would have been all good.
I donā€™t see a single ā€˜Yesā€™ but a lot of words that start with ā€˜Noā€™ and a lot of uncertainty throughout. I donā€™t know how someone can read those responses and say ā€˜Yep. This guy wants us to convert this reservationā€™ especially Permission to convert being answered with Not Yet. Somebody took some liberties they shouldnā€™t have.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wasn't looking for the price protection. With all the info out there about the allocation situation I valued the flexibility of a possible move a bit more than price protection. I should have been more clear than Not Yet apparently so I'll own that but there has to be a way to move these things around.
What about in October when everyone had to re-order?

Your timeline jumps from 3/1/2021 to 1/25/2022. In October 2021, you received at least a notification of an order update, if not a direct communication from Granger to finalize the '22 options. That was the best window for transfer. Unfortunately that's not much help now.

I don't think anyone on this site has the juice/knowledge to do more than Granger, their regional rep, or whoever you spoke to at corporate. The one exception might be @Ford Motor Company. Mike Levine is another vector you could pursue, but he lasted maybe 24hrs as a member here.
Sponsored