Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t see a single ‘Yes’ but a lot of words that start with ‘No’ and a lot of uncertainty throughout. I don’t know how someone can read those responses and say ‘Yep. This guy wants us to convert this reservation’ especially Permission to convert being answered with Not Yet. Somebody took some liberties they shouldn’t have.
When you are dealing with thousands of reservations, back n' forth emails can get cumbersome - OP should have followed the non-open ended responses to alleviate any issues. *I do agree that the options for response could have been expanded in a couple spots as well.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t see a single ‘Yes’ but a lot of words that start with ‘No’ and a lot of uncertainty throughout. I don’t know how someone can read those responses and say ‘Yep. This guy wants us to convert this reservation’ especially Permission to convert being answered with Not Yet. Somebody took some liberties they shouldn’t have.
I understand that strict interpretation, but I can also see how the OP's response could have been misinterpreted, especially in light of Ford's own guidance to dealers at the time.

In the FAQ below, issued by Ford to dealers on 1/29/21, Ford states:

21 MY vs. 22MY / CONVERSION PROCESS
  • If a customer wants options that are late availability 21MY, should they convert their reservation to an order?
Yes. Converting reservations during the conversion window will ensure customers receive an estimated delivery window in May. It does not, however guarantee a 21MY Bronco.
  • If a customer wants to wait for 22MY Bronco features, should they convert their reservation to an order?
We recommended, with customer consent, the dealer coverts the order and leaves it in the order bank untouched with a 99 priority code so that it does not schedule. Using the remarks section in WBDO, see below, the dealership should notate “22MY Wait” for these customers. We are working on a process to convert / “rollover” 21MY orders to 22MY and will have more to share on this at a later date. See above for how a customer can revert their order back to a reservation.

Ford Bronco Looking for advice - Granger screwed me up 22MY Wait

Even though the OP answered "NOT YET", he also added, "WAITING 22". 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

OP
OP
kje22kje

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about in October when everyone had to re-order?

Your timeline jumps from 3/1/2021 to 1/25/2022. In October 2021, you received at least a notification of an order update, if not a direct communication from Granger to finalize the '22 options. That was the best window for transfer. Unfortunately that's not much help now.
Never got an email when Granger converted my res to an order in 3/21 and never heard anything in October most likely because they had me as an order. Possible the wrong email was input or many are saying the Ford system doesn't work great. Not sure what happened there.

When I placed my other order with the local dealer I had a confirmation that afternoon.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand that strict interpretation, but I can also see how the OP's response could have been misinterpreted, especially in light of Ford's own guidance to dealers at the time.

In the FAQ below, issued by Ford to dealers on 1/29/21, Ford states:

21 MY vs. 22MY / CONVERSION PROCESS
  • If a customer wants options that are late availability 21MY, should they convert their reservation to an order?
Yes. Converting reservations during the conversion window will ensure customers receive an estimated delivery window in May. It does not, however guarantee a 21MY Bronco.
  • If a customer wants to wait for 22MY Bronco features, should they convert their reservation to an order?
We recommended, with customer consent, the dealer coverts the order and leaves it in the order bank untouched with a 99 priority code so that it does not schedule. Using the remarks section in WBDO, see below, the dealership should notate “22MY Wait” for these customers. We are working on a process to convert / “rollover” 21MY orders to 22MY and will have more to share on this at a later date. See above for how a customer can revert their order back to a reservation.

Ford Bronco Looking for advice - Granger screwed me up 22MY Wait

Even though the OP answered "NOT YET", he also added, "WAITING 22". 🤷‍♂️
“With customer consent” is a key phrase to me. If there is confusion, pick up the phone or send an email requesting clarification. Have the conversation. Provide the service people on here rave about.

To head off a common explanation in defense of Granger: The thousands of customers and staggering workload excuse that I’ve seen in other posts doesn’t hold water when Granger actively pursued volume dealer status.

Could be an honest mistake but that doesn’t excuse Granger.

See above for how a customer can revert their order back to a reservation.“ is also pretty interesting. Seems like Ford doesn’t know how to communicate with their dealers either.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When you are dealing with thousands of reservations, back n' forth emails can get cumbersome - OP should have followed the non-open ended responses to alleviate any issues. *I do agree that the options for response could have been expanded in a couple spots as well.
The thousands of customers and staggering workload excuse doesn’t hold water when Granger actively pursued volume dealer status. Staff up. Make the call or send the email. Provide the service that people rave about.

Sponsored

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The thousands of customers and staggering workload excuse doesn’t hold water when Granger actively pursued volume dealer status. Staff up. Make the call or send the email. Provide the service that people rave about.
Your logic is flawed, when you have over a 1,000+ reservations and you (the OP) are one of the few who failed to follow instructions, then the onus is ultimately on you. If it were the other way around, there would be a large thread detailing how Granger screwed up thousands of reservations, not just one posted by the OP.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your logic is flawed, when you have over a 1,000+ reservations and you (the OP) are one of the few who failed to follow instructions, then the onus is ultimately on you. If it were the other way around, there would be a large thread detailing how Granger screwed up thousands of reservations, not just one posted by the OP.
Nah. When you have thousands of orders and dealing with the general public, there are going to be some people out there that will require additional time and effort to go through the process. Not everyone is going to follow directions. Take the extra time with these people. OP should have followed directions, Granger should have followed up, and Ford should not have indicated orders could be reverted back to reservations. Lots of blame to go around. Hard line stances that take an email or call to resolve with absolute certainty don’t help anyone.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry. This is a long story but here is a somewhat short summary.

• I have an October/Grangetober save $2k Granger reservation. Have a business in W. Des Moines so going up there to pickup no big deal.
  • Placed a second reservation in Feb 2021 local thinking after getting first one I might want one to just play with.
  • Didn't want to be year 1 so didn't place order when window first opened.
  • Contacted via email March 1, 2021 by Sean Masters with him asking if they can convert my res to an order since Ford requests they convert ALL orders by 3/19/21. I reply back on the question asking "2. Permission to Convert your Order Yes or No." my reply was NOT YET WAITING 22
  • I see many folks are having success with new orders for limited so I visit dealership with my second order. We talk over some things and ultimately find common ground on what I want to do. Given the allocation challenges at Granger, if I were to switch my October reservation form Granger to them I'd be 3rd in line at their dealership. Sold. They tell me to contact Ford customer service to switch the Granger res to them so I can get the earlier time stamp.
  • Ford customer support surprises me and tells me they can't move the reservation because it's actually been converted to an order at Granger. I'm stunned.
  • I log onto the Ford owner site Jan 25 2022 and see that my Granger res is actually in order status since March 18,2021 I did not get anything from Ford or Granger indicating that my res had been converted.
  • I reach out to Zach via Bronco6g and he tells me to contact the dealership/Hunter. Can't ever seem to find anyone who can talk Bronco there at the dealership when I call so I send the email with various pieces of information and letting them know I'm not ok with this order being placed.
  • Ultimately I go back and forth with Hunter for a while. He tells me I gave them permission, I send him my email showing I didn't, he says there isn’t anything they can do to switch it back to a reservation and I’d need to get Ford corp to do it.
  • I call Ford corp back and after about an hour on the phone talking with three people they tell me they can’t and that the dealership needs to contact their regional/area rep who can help. They also tell me that they just had this happen earlier that day (1/27) so it should be doable.
  • I pass that along to Hunter who tells me they don’t have any way of calling their rep but that he’d send an email (this seems odd).
  • Hunter gets back to me with the reps answer and basically it’s that the best she can do is put me in a 99 status (Hunter said I already was) and that was it. Hunter then tells me “. Your only options right now are to cancel or keep your order as is”. Keep in mind I didn’t choose whatever they put on order so it’s not anywhere close to what I want.
  • I reach out to Zach via 6g and he says said him the emails and he’ll check into it Friday 1/28.
  • I do so. I’ve now been back and forth with Zach at least weekly and as of today his final answer is basically that there isn’t anything they can do and that he’s hit a dead end.

Other users on this forum have been told by Granger that they can transfer an order from Granger to another dealer but apparently nobody I’ve asked at Granger seems to know how to do that either so sorry to those of you that have been told that.

So I’m reaching out to see if anyone here can tell me how to get my Granger converted my res to an order without my permission and didn’t tell me time stamp onto my now later reservation was converted to the actual order I wanted at a different dealership?

TL;DR – Granger converted my reservation to an order after I said not to without me knowing. Now that I can switch to a local dealer to be 3rd on their list Granger is telling me I can’t switch it back to a reservation and I can’t get their wrong order transferred to another dealer with my actual order to keep my time stamp……. So I can either cancel or keep their order which isn’t anything along the lines of what model/features I wanted. Can anyone help me with how to get this back to a reservation or how to get their order transferred to my local dealer?
Keep in mind I didn’t choose whatever they put on order so it’s not anywhere close to what I want.

You can change anything on your order up to the time a VIN is assigned.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where will you be in line at the new dealer compared to Granger with your early reservation ? Do you want a '22 or wait for the Granger 23 or 24

It's a pretty cut or dry choice

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it helps - I'm #2 at my dealer and still waiting for scheduling.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry. This is a long story but here is a somewhat short summary.

• I have an October/Grangetober save $2k Granger reservation. Have a business in W. Des Moines so going up there to pickup no big deal.
  • Placed a second reservation in Feb 2021 local thinking after getting first one I might want one to just play with.
  • Didn't want to be year 1 so didn't place order when window first opened.
  • Contacted via email March 1, 2021 by Sean Masters with him asking if they can convert my res to an order since Ford requests they convert ALL orders by 3/19/21. I reply back on the question asking "2. Permission to Convert your Order Yes or No." my reply was NOT YET WAITING 22
  • I see many folks are having success with new orders for limited so I visit dealership with my second order. We talk over some things and ultimately find common ground on what I want to do. Given the allocation challenges at Granger, if I were to switch my October reservation form Granger to them I'd be 3rd in line at their dealership. Sold. They tell me to contact Ford customer service to switch the Granger res to them so I can get the earlier time stamp.
  • Ford customer support surprises me and tells me they can't move the reservation because it's actually been converted to an order at Granger. I'm stunned.
  • I log onto the Ford owner site Jan 25 2022 and see that my Granger res is actually in order status since March 18,2021 I did not get anything from Ford or Granger indicating that my res had been converted.
  • I reach out to Zach via Bronco6g and he tells me to contact the dealership/Hunter. Can't ever seem to find anyone who can talk Bronco there at the dealership when I call so I send the email with various pieces of information and letting them know I'm not ok with this order being placed.
  • Ultimately I go back and forth with Hunter for a while. He tells me I gave them permission, I send him my email showing I didn't, he says there isn’t anything they can do to switch it back to a reservation and I’d need to get Ford corp to do it.
  • I call Ford corp back and after about an hour on the phone talking with three people they tell me they can’t and that the dealership needs to contact their regional/area rep who can help. They also tell me that they just had this happen earlier that day (1/27) so it should be doable.
  • I pass that along to Hunter who tells me they don’t have any way of calling their rep but that he’d send an email (this seems odd).
  • Hunter gets back to me with the reps answer and basically it’s that the best she can do is put me in a 99 status (Hunter said I already was) and that was it. Hunter then tells me “. Your only options right now are to cancel or keep your order as is”. Keep in mind I didn’t choose whatever they put on order so it’s not anywhere close to what I want.
  • I reach out to Zach via 6g and he says said him the emails and he’ll check into it Friday 1/28.
  • I do so. I’ve now been back and forth with Zach at least weekly and as of today his final answer is basically that there isn’t anything they can do and that he’s hit a dead end.

Other users on this forum have been told by Granger that they can transfer an order from Granger to another dealer but apparently nobody I’ve asked at Granger seems to know how to do that either so sorry to those of you that have been told that.

So I’m reaching out to see if anyone here can tell me how to get my Granger converted my res to an order without my permission and didn’t tell me time stamp onto my now later reservation was converted to the actual order I wanted at a different dealership?

TL;DR – Granger converted my reservation to an order after I said not to without me knowing. Now that I can switch to a local dealer to be 3rd on their list Granger is telling me I can’t switch it back to a reservation and I can’t get their wrong order transferred to another dealer with my actual order to keep my time stamp……. So I can either cancel or keep their order which isn’t anything along the lines of what model/features I wanted. Can anyone help me with how to get this back to a reservation or how to get their order transferred to my local dealer?
Good luck, they did the same thing to me. Can't hurt to leave it open, though and make a new order with your local.

OP
OP
kje22kje

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where will you be in line at the new dealer compared to Granger with your early reservation ? Do you want a '22 or wait for the Granger 23 or 24

It's a pretty cut or dry choice
My October reservation would put me currently #3 at the local dealer with two hard tops in front of me. I prefer a '22.

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok great. Not yet seems pretty clear to me but you are correct in that they had so many orders things can get confused. I'd advise anyone else who thinks they have a reservation with Granger to check and be sure they weren't converted in the confusion.

My build is Badlands, Ox white, 4dr, lux, m/t tires, soft top. I'm a little irritated at how Granger has handled this so I'm not inclined to go through with the sale with them. There should be a mechanism by which to fix this either through Granger or Ford., which both told me there was and neither turned out to be right.

I'm hoping someone out there has been able to move an order from one dealer to another and can point me towards how to do it.
You are probably SOL on moving the order. A lot of people around here tried when they were told it was possible before the MY22 changeover, I don't recall hearing many success stories.
I realize you want to keep your timestamp, but ordering through a local dealer with available allocation is probably more important than the date of your reservation. Have you talked to Broadway Ford in Soulard? They do fleet sales, so they are high volume, but not many retail orders. Their website says their mannequin isn't available but they have "options for fast builds". With a 4 door soft top you may get one pretty quickly.

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And full disclosure: I did not buy through Broadway Ford and don't have anything to say, positive or negative, about them or the buying experience. I only mentioned because of your location, the message on their website, and because they may fall into that hypothetical sweet spot in allocation: high volume, but not many retail orders.
Good luck and I hope you get your Bronco soon.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your wall of text and my experience with Granger leads me to believe it was a misunderstanding, and words were lost in translation. I don't see incompetence or malice.

I'm more curious about you being able to transfer a reservation. This would be noteworthy, and basically make you a unicorn.
Sponsored